Social Security running out of money and time

Of course it is since it's inevitable that every Ponzi scheme (which is exactly what this is) does... Problem is though, for the last few decade we have killed in the womb millions that would actually be paying in to the system now. This FACT is making it go broke sooner is all. 

I’m relatively young. I wish I could opt out of Social Security and just lose out on the money I’ve paid into it the last 10 years. I would end up saving way more of it myself than I would be receiving when I’m older. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

the good news is our Republican, Conservative, President has vowed to cut the deficit and address the looming, massive, issue with entitlements!  

Oh please...you could have written this during Reagan or Bush I or Bush Jr. (or Carter, Clinton and Obama).

1 hour ago, Cinga said:

Of course it is since it's inevitable that every Ponzi scheme (which is exactly what this is) does... Problem is though, for the last few decade we have killed in the womb millions that would actually be paying in to the system now. This FACT is making it go broke sooner is all. 

Oh FFS. 

3 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Yes. And I also realize that the tax cuts don't pay for themselves

So your proposal then is to shift social security to be funded out of federal income taxes? Can you expand on that? For example, how much?

2 hours ago, /dev/null said:

https://reason.com/2019/05/01/social-securitys-real-problem-not-money-but-time/

On the bright side, this shouldn't really be a problem when the world ends in about 12 years

Is AOC going to lead the Dems and media to a high mountain top to welcome the glorious end of the world in another 11.5 years?

14 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

So your proposal then is to shift social security to be funded out of federal income taxes? Can you expand on that? For example, how much?

Lol, am I not allowed a sarcastic post? 

7 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Lol, am I not allowed a sarcastic post? 

Of course you are. Everyone is from time to time. I was just curious, and looking for an honest debate. While we’re on the subject of social security, I’d actually be in favor of lifting the cap so that high wage earners pay into it for even their highest earnings. I’ve been told that one change would make the system substantially more solvent. I’d also like to see them raise the retirement age by one month every year for the next twelve years. That too would ease or eliminate the shortfall. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Of course you are. Everyone is from time to time. I was just curious, and looking for an honest debate. While we’re on the subject of social security, I’d actually be in favor of lifting the cap so that high wage earners pay into it for even their highest earnings. I’ve been told that one change would make the system substantially more solvent. I’d also like to see them raise the retirement age by one month every year for the next twelve years. That too would ease or eliminate the shortfall. 

Here’s a completely undeveloped idea:  give the “wealthy” a tax cut that’s conditioned on them pledging 80% of their tax savings to fund entitlements. Everybody wins!

2 hours ago, Cinga said:

Aha, so abortion has killed [pun intended] social security's raw material.  If only we'd tumbled to this "fact" sooner we could have resolved the whole social security kerfuffle.  Possibly Planned Parenthood will be the Democrats next investigation target, eh?

15 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

That has as much chance of succeeding as seeing turtles fly oh wait:

https://www.wbtw.com/news/grand-strand/-it-just-flung-into-my-windshield-turtle-smashes-into-car-near-lake-busbee-in-conway/1971311286