Life Hacks

Gugny

Everyone loves a good life hack.  Share them here.

Earlier tonight, I realized I had no buttermilk to make my chicken tenders.  1 TBSP of white vinegar in a measuring cup, then added enough milk to make 1 full cup.  Let it set for 10 minutes .... BOOM ... buttermilk.

What life hacks can you share?

• Like (+1) 3

9 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Earlier tonight, I realized I had no buttermilk to make my chicken tenders.  1 TBSP of white vinegar in a measuring cup, then added enough milk to make 1 full cup.  Let it set for 10 minutes .... BOOM ... buttermilk.

That sounds like vinegar milk.  For buttermilk you should add

butter

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, 4merper4mer said:

That sounds like vinegar milk.  For buttermilk you should a

butter

One would think, right!?!?!?  It works.  Trust me; it's all over the interwebs.

Inkjet printer replacement cartridges.

Insanely overpriced to the point where some printer manufacturers lose money on the printer because they know they'll make a bunch on the replacement cartridges. 

If one gets "low" and low isn't really that low, the printer becomes dysfunctional until all are replaced.

Not difficult at all to get around the issue, depending on the type of printer. 

Easy to find solution at a fraction of the cost.

If I'm planning on making a pizza, I get as many toppings at the salad bar as possible.  This way, I only get as much as I need and I spend a fraction of what I'd spend if I bought entire packages/containers of certain items.

• Like (+1) 3

34 minutes ago, Gugny said:

If I'm planning on making a pizza, I get as many toppings at the salad bar as possible.  This way, I only get as much as I need and I spend a fraction of what I'd spend if I bought entire packages/containers of certain items.

What time is dinner? 

Make sure you pick up some pineapple and bacon ? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, Gugny said:

But there's never anchovies ...Oh, never mind.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Gugny said:

Why didn't you jump into your car for the 3 minute drive to the supermarket?  You call it a life hack; I call it lazy and unprepared.

• Haha (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Cripple Creek said:

Why didn't you jump into your car for the 3 minute drive to the supermarket?  You call it a life hack; I call it lazy and unprepared.

REPORTANDO!

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, Just Jack said:

Burger King has French Toast Sticks on the breakfast menu. 3 for $1 or 5 for $1.99

Buy two of the 3/$1 so you get six sticks for just a penny more than the 5/$1.99 

Yup, they had the same thing around here too, I think they changed it recently up here cause the last time I was there I think it was different.

2 hours ago, Steve O said:

Most store brands are name brands re-packaged and sold at 3/4 the price give or take. 

I have heard that too, the big name brands will package product in another label for stores, it's usually their 2nds or stuff that dont exactly meet the standards of their big name brand stuff. (Like the frozen vegetables might be smaller then what you would get in the name brand)

10 hours ago, Just Jack said:

Burger King has French Toast Sticks on the breakfast menu. 3 for $1 or 5 for $1.99

Buy two of the 3/$1 so you get six sticks for just a penny more than the 5/$1.99 

How do you think Pepsi pays for that creepy Burger King costume?

1 minute ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

I offering this one from a friend: At supermarkets where they have self check-out you can purchase, oh say, Honeycrisp apples at a deep discount by typing in the code for a much cheaper variety, like McIntosh.

Alright!  ChevyVanMiller stickin’ it to ‘the Man’!