Roll call for those betting over 6.5 wins

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

It was 7 in Vegas and -115 for the over so I skipped it. I instead put my money on the Bills making the playoffs at +500 (which I love as a bet). I also made a small bet on the Bills to win the Super Bowl at +10000. I made those bets on Bovada. I actually am thinking of dropping another $100 on the playoff bet. Those feel like GREAT odds to me.

One of the bookies in Atlantic City had over 7 wins at +110, which is quite better than the -115 you saw in Vegas. Still, I preferred to go with over 6.5 at -125 and -134. Good luck with the playoffs bet!

Would you consider the Bills to win the AFC East as a bet? The best I've seen is 13:1, if I remember correctly. Sure, the Pats are hard to beat, but Brady's play may drop off (maybe?) or he could get hurt. The Dolphins are not in the race anyway, so it's a 3-team race in the division.

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

It was 7 in Vegas and -115 for the over so I skipped it. I instead put my money on the Bills making the playoffs at +500 (which I love as a bet). I also made a small bet on the Bills to win the Super Bowl at +10000. I made those bets on Bovada. I actually am thinking of dropping another $100 on the playoff bet. Those feel like GREAT odds to me.

What exactly does +500 mean?

2 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

What exactly does +500 mean?

If you bet $100, you will win $500 in profit, so you'll get back $600 when you cash your winning ticket.

Put another way, you'll get 5x your initial bet in profit. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, Tommy said:

If you bet $100, you will win $500 in profit, so you'll get back $600 when you cash your winning ticket.

Put another way, you'll get 5x your initial bet in profit. 

Exactly. And when there's a minus sign in front, here is how it works. Let's take -115 for example. It means you need to risk $115 in order to try to net a $100 profit.

3 hours ago, BillsQuebec said:

Shaw66: I have been reading your post-game posts for many years and I have enjoyed them a lot. Long-time reader on this forum, but first time poster. I am curious to know your opinion about the bet; how does over 6.5 wins look to you? What's your assessment of the team for 2019?

Obviously anything can happen, like injuries, etc., but putting that aside, I think the Bills are definitely better than 6.5 wins. I believe this for three reasons.

1.  In a sense all that matters is your Qb, and I think Allen is a star in the making. He has the physical tools, he has the leadership skills, he has the smarts and he really wants it.  He will do everything he can every day to get better.  I think by the middle of the season the national media will be all over him, and it won't be because of his running.  I expect him to be a top 15 qb, minimum.

2.  McD will always have a good defense. They were pretty good last season, and Edmunds didn't know what he was doing.  Even if he isn't an all star, his improvement alone is going to make a big difference.  If the optimists about Oliver around here are right, he and Edmunds are going to make the Bills a great defense.  

3. I've come to understand the process. OT makes sense and it will work because Beane is getting only guys who are willing to commit to it.  The Bills are going to get better every season for about the next five seasons.  2019 is the start.  2020 they will be really good.  

And by the way, I think the first four guys they drafted all will be significant contributors by the end of November. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, BillsQuebec said:

One of the bookies in Atlantic City had over 7 wins at +110, which is quite better than the -115 you saw in Vegas. Still, I preferred to go with over 6.5 at -125 and -134. Good luck with the playoffs bet!

Would you consider the Bills to win the AFC East as a bet? The best I've seen is 13:1, if I remember correctly. Sure, the Pats are hard to beat, but Brady's play may drop off (maybe?) or he could get hurt. The Dolphins are not in the race anyway, so it's a 3-team race in the division.

I got 12:1 at Twin Rivers in Rhode Island.

4 hours ago, BillsQuebec said:

I don’t hate 13:1 on the division. That feels possible (not likely) but possible. 13:1 on that is a decent number. Anything over about 10 I would consider.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

9 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I don’t hate 13:1 on the division. That feels possible (not likely) but possible. 13:1 on that is a decent number. Anything over about 10 isn’t consider.

Yeah I agree. I haven't put any money on that yet, but I'm thinking about it... Although I already have $7,000 USD on the Bills, which is a good amount already!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1