Roll call for those betting over 6.5 wins

1 hour ago, BillsQuebec said:

How about $7,000 on the Bills over 6.5 wins? I'm sure you'll enjoy what's at 16:05.

So, $5000 in US dollars ? ?

Saw bits of the video and its pretty good. 

On 5/2/2019 at 10:34 PM, Alphadawg7 said:

I’ve got $100 bet with my friend, but heading to Vegas later this month and plan on putting $500 down on the over for 6.5 win total.

I am making 2 more bets too while there.  

$100 Buffalo to win AFC Championship

$100 Buffalo to win Super Bowl.

Why Super Bowl you ask...it’s not that I’m certain they will get there, it’s that I know I’m already up $600 from my 2 over bets (which is a lock in my mind), so I’m free rolling and that $200 is house money baby!  

BOOM!!!! Go Bills!!!!!

So you didnt bet any money that Jones wont be on the day 1 roster ? 

23 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

So, $5000 in US dollars ? ?

Saw bits of the video and its pretty good. 

No I bet $7,000 USD, which is roughly $9,300 in Canadian dollars. Thanks for the comments buddy!

1 hour ago, Fan in Chicago said:

?

Instant nomination in the best-post-of-the-year category.

Edited by Shaw66

1 hour ago, Fan in Chicago said:

Lol no.

Are you going to wager on every offseason thought, discussion, or opinion you have?

I would rather see Zay excel than fail and cheer him on, so not going wager against him or bet on his failure.

Edited by Alphadawg7

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Really?  You have a pretty low barometer.

It gets high marks for creative thread cross referencing and for raising an interesting question: where exactly would one go to bet on Jones not being on the roster?  And, of course, what kind of odds could one get?  And finally, how much would Alpha be willing to put down on it? 

By they way, I still think there is a good chance you're correct. 

• Like (+1) 2

54 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

7 wins is going to be tough.  I see wins against the dolphins 2, one Jets, Redskins and Bengals at home.  these are the games we should win, of course, we wont win all of them but we will also probably beat a team we shouldnt.

The guy in the video was very confident, but my joy was subdued by the realization that he was only confident that it’d be 7 or more wins.  Oh well, it was still a good sign that he thinks the Bills are on the upswing. 

1 hour ago, Shaw66 said:

It gets high marks for creative thread cross referencing and for raising an interesting question: where exactly would one go to bet on Jones not being on the roster?  And, of course, what kind of odds could one get?  And finally, how much would Alpha be willing to put down on it? 

By they way, I still think there is a good chance you're correct. 

Ha fair enough, I can accept that logic ha.  

I wont bet on it though, don’t want to root against Zay, and if I bet on it then I would ha.  So no betting for me although I did put some nice money down on the over 6.5 wins and $100 on Bills AFCC win and SB win :)

Hopefully Zay is the Super Bowl MVP and pays me $16,000 between the AFCC and SB bets alone.  He will make my Christmas card list and send a 20% tip if so haha

Edited by Alphadawg7

2 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

7 wins is going to be tough.  I see wins against the dolphins 2, one Jets, Redskins and Bengals at home.  these are the games we should win, of course, we wont win all of them but we will also probably beat a team we shouldnt.

it's all on allen. if he's the guy 7 wins is a lock. that's about average in the nfl.  if we're healthy and he's good we should be talking about 10 wins...like mayfield type year from last year. but that' s the big question. 

I should have pulled the trigger when this thread started. Odds slowly getting changing making this bet less attractive. $50 pays $76 right now on my app. (playnow)  It was $50 Pays $91 when this started.

2 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

Instant nomination in the best-post-of-the-year category.

Shaw66: I have been reading your post-game posts for many years and I have enjoyed them a lot. Long-time reader on this forum, but first time poster. I am curious to know your opinion about the bet; how does over 6.5 wins look to you? What's your assessment of the team for 2019?

31 minutes ago, Nester said:

I should have pulled the trigger when this thread started. Odds slowly getting changing making this bet less attractive. $50 pays $76 right now on my app. (playnow)  It was $50 Pays $91 when this started.

You are right. The odds are changing more and more. FanDuel moved from -125 to -165 following my bet, whereas DraftKings moved from -134 to -165 after my three wagers. Not sure if they accept US players, but Bet365 has -130, which is great. I already bet the max so I can't put more with them.

It was 7 in Vegas and -115 for the over so I skipped it. I instead put my money on the Bills making the playoffs at +500 (which I love as a bet). I also made a small bet on the Bills to win the Super Bowl at +10000. I made those bets on Bovada. I actually am thinking of dropping another $100 on the playoff bet. Those feel like GREAT odds to me.

• Like (+1) 2

40 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

it's all on allen. if he's the guy 7 wins is a lock. that's about average in the nfl.  if we're healthy and he's good we should be talking about 10 wins...like mayfield type year from last year. but that' s the big question. 

I agree. A lot of Allen's success is going to be on the O Line and as far as i am concnern3d an unproven WR/TE corps.  Beasley is nice and all but hardly an awe-inspiring slot wr.  The O Line is essentially all new, even Dawkins will be starting next to a new G and probably an unknown TE.  How long wil lit take them to get together as a unit.  Could be a rough start to the season, the offense is 70% new.

2 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

The guy in the video was very confident, but my joy was subdued by the realization that he was only confident that it’d be 7 or more wins.  Oh well, it was still a good sign that he thinks the Bills are on the upswing. 

He was saying 7 is a sure thing, not that 7 was the ceiling.