Trades. Picks. And all the drama. Welcome to the Bills draft room.

28 minutes ago, ganesh said:

And I wouldn't want to hear people on this board crying for the next two years as to how teh Bills stupidly traded down and missed out on the NFL Defensive Player of the Year!!!! Like they did on the offense three drafts ago

I don't recall.  Who was that?

Never mind.  I just realized you were talking about Mahomes in 2017.

Edited by jkeerie

I’ve said it before, but I’d rather be in a war room for a Bills draft than a Super Bowl, Masters, Final Four or any other “sporting event” I can think of. It just fascinates me, and I’ve had a taste of some of the others. 

• Like (+1) 4

2 hours ago, Logic said:

The look of relief on Beane's face when the Lions pick Hockenson is awesome.

I also wonder what it is about Greg Little that caused the Panthers to prefer him over Cody Ford.

Oh, and I LOL'd when the Bears offered NEXT YEAR'S 4th round pick to move up to our spot in the third round. Get real. Beane's expression said the same.

My favorite part of the draft.:thumbsup:

• Haha (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Augie said:

I’ve said it before, but I’d rather be in a war room for a Bills draft than a Super Bowl, Masters, Final Four or any other “sporting event” I can think of. It just fascinates me, and I’ve had a taste of some of the others. 

I thought it was cool that Beane mentioned in one of his interviews this week that he flew in his dad and McDermott’s dad to be in the war room.

• Like (+1) 4

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

I thought it was cool that Beane mentioned in one of his interviews this week that he flew in his dad and McDermott’s dad to be in the war room.

That is SO COOL!  You’re always happy and proud of the success of your kids, regardless of age, but that’s a grand slam! 

I wonder if they had to stay in the awful hotels that haunt WNY? Maybe Tommy’s dad has a therapist who could help them? 

• Haha (+1) 1

There was a vibe of professionalism that seemed to permeate the war room.  Very interesting, and maybe not exactly what you would expect from an effort to draft college football players.  I view it as a real positive, mature and a sense that they were confident in what they were doing.

2 hours ago, Logic said:

The look of relief on Beane's face when the Lions pick Hockenson is awesome.

I also wonder what it is about Greg Little that caused the Panthers to prefer him over Cody Ford.

Oh, and I LOL'd when the Bears offered NEXT YEAR'S 4th round pick to move up to our spot in the third round. Get real. Beane's expression said the same.

"What do we say to the God of the Draft?

"Not today."

usa_today_10218928.0.jpg

28911775001_5985114642001_5985114510001-

Edited by Rico
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, Estro said:

I think there's a reason we didn't see any of that.  Just my feeling, but I think Henderson and or Montgomery both of whom went just picks before the Bills would've been the guy if they were still there.  I like the both of them much more than Singletary.  

Yes.  Methinks they scrubbed the footage to give us the instances where the Bills got the guy they were targeting.  Worked out in Rounds 1 and 2 so this draft has to be viewed as a big success when you get 2 guys you were hoping you’d get in a best case scenario.  But you’re not gonna get that lucky on every pick.  

Man, they really wanted Ford. I like it. 

I’ve said it in other threads, but I think the Buffalo/Oliver match is a dream come true. 

57 minutes ago, Estro said:

I think there's a reason we didn't see any of that.  Just my feeling, but I think Henderson and or Montgomery both of whom went just picks before the Bills would've been the guy if they were still there.  I like the both of them much more than Singletary.  

3 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Yes.  Methinks they scrubbed the footage to give us the instances where the Bills got the guy they were targeting.  Worked out in Rounds 1 and 2 so this draft has to be viewed as a big success when you get 2 guys you were hoping you’d get in a best case scenario.  But you’re not gonna get that lucky on every pick.  

Ha, you guys are kidding right? They didn’t need to take a RB in the 3rd; in fact most fans figured they wouldn’t take one at all. Singletary was the highest rated player on their board at 74 by a wide margin. 

Edited by eball
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, eball said:

Man, they really wanted Ford. I like it. 

I’ve said it in other threads, but I think the Buffalo/Oliver match is a dream come true. 

He got a bigger reaction in the room than Oliver. I think they genuinely felt like they got 2 1st round picks. 

• Like (+1) 4

5 minutes ago, BillsfaninSB said:

Why were there 9,000 guys in the room?

Looks like he has the entire FO and scouting dept present. Also the Pegulas were there - well, I saw Terry and one daughter, and his dog.

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

7 min.. enjoy!

Wow thats awesome!!! Thanks Yolo! 

Brandon Beane knows how to command a room. We are in excellent hands with him. He knows what he wants and he knows how to get it. 

Is it time for kickoff yet? 

• Like (+1) 1

Just the way I envisioned he'd be, methodical, organized, detailed with a clear vision.   I wouldn't be surprised if Pegula views Beane as the more indispensable one between he and McD.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, scribo said:

Really outstanding video! I would have loved to see their reaction when the Raiders reached for Clelin. I am guessing they didn't show it out of respect for the Raiders. Also, note how many people are in the draft room. Wonder what the Raiders' draft room looked like since they sent everyone home.

Image result for two donkeys in a room

• Haha (+1) 6

Man, the NFL should find a way to sell tickets to all the draft rooms or outright sell the video of the each room or even the final draft board of every team. How cool would it be to sit in the room instead of in front of some TV?

BTW in BEANE I TRUST!

Edited by qwksilver