Josh Allen and the “Show Gun Offense”

20 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

Ok, hear me out. 

* The kid scored a 36 on the Wunderlic (compared to Jimbo’s 20 or so...no offense)

* He obviously has legs to call his own number.

* Defenses will not be able to substitute in quick enough to account for Beasley, Brown etc.

* He is growing with the job. He can handle the duties.

Would love to see Josh call his own plays (like Jimbo) and have Daboll coach him up.  

You deserve better.  Internet bullies abound on this board.

I imagine no huddle will be in the Bills' arsenal.  Josh should certainly be able to grow into calling his own plays.  How much should they use no huddle with Josh making all the decision on the field?  Let's play that one by ear.  

5 hours ago, Augie said:

This just might be the only way we get to see Josh throw it out of the stadium. I say give it a try....

...with all of the newness on offense, let Josh get acclimated to new personnel, hopefully better scheme and play calling options with which appears to be an elevated level of talent with Daboll being "the guy"...he'll have plenty on his plate without also being responsible for calling plays......let him audible though......that experience will help him read, react and grow into the position....

• Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

Ok, hear me out. 

* The kid scored a 36 on the Wunderlic (compared to Jimbo’s 20 or so...no offense)

* He obviously has legs to call his own number.

* Defenses will not be able to substitute in quick enough to account for Beasley, Brown etc.

* He is growing with the job. He can handle the duties.

Would love to see Josh call his own plays (like Jimbo) and have Daboll coach him up.  

Forget the offense--which sounds innovative to be sure.  Why would anyone be offended by jimbo's wunderlic??

3 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

“God I admire you” 

Bonus points if you name the movie. 

:)

man was once a genius. I can still watch Call me Al and laugh pretty good. Shame he got cranky

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3D14647u543-8&ved=2ahUKEwizptT0roDiAhVjm-AKHUqjA-4QwqsBMAB6BAgEEAU&usg=AOvVaw00uF-P3y2z3WCmYVZEVe-D

• Thank you (+1) 1

So basically all y’all are saying “Jallen” is too dumb to call his own plays. Keep in mind Daboll stays. He watched film with Jallen and coaches him up during the week. Gives him 20 or so simple plays to use and adjust with modifications. And you all think it’s too much for the kid from Firebox, WY? I’d say you’re all selling the boy short. He should run this offense for the next 4 years before he commands big $$$. Or maybe you fellas run inside when it rains? Live a little. 

1 hour ago, BringBackFergy said:

So basically all y’all are saying “Jallen” is too dumb to call his own plays. Keep in mind Daboll stays. He watched film with Jallen and coaches him up during the week. Gives him 20 or so simple plays to use and adjust with modifications. And you all think it’s too much for the kid from Firebox, WY? I’d say you’re all selling the boy short. He should run this offense for the next 4 years before he commands big $$$. Or maybe you fellas run inside when it rains? Live a little. 

Because why limit him to "20 or so simple plays?" Whether or not it's too much for him (I'll guess it's not), this scheme has the end effect, for someone who has not even played an entire season, of limiting him. What is the point of that? What you are proposing is essentially an experiment that could backfire stupendously. Let him audible (if Daboll believes he is ready!), but just handing him the reigns does what for us, exactly? Does it help us win games?

On 5/3/2019 at 3:04 PM, matter2003 said:

I would like to see them doing what the Rams do with Goff under McVay where he gets them to the line immediately and then McVay can see what the defense is doing and talk to Goff about what they want to look for, etc in the play...or then tell Goff what play to audible to....kind of like learning on the job with your teacher helping you along...until one day after he has done this long enough he knows the student can make the proper calls and hands it over to him...

No idea why this doesn't happen more, it's brilliant, innovative and is an excellent training technique in live action when it actually counts.

Because defense headset also times out so the MLB (usually one with headset) makes the calls to move after the headset voice stops.

13 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

If he was from Firebox, WY, I'd say fine let him run it but he is a Northern California boy who only played ball in Wyoming.