"The film is the most important thing": Bills GM breaks down every draft pick (*paywall)

42 minutes ago, Doc said:

That's because everyone else had really good to great Combine performances.

Not that it matters but Johnson and Joseph did not test particularly well either, Joseph's 3 cone and shuttle times were ridiculously slow. He was coming off a hamstring issue though. Johnson was slow as well, especially for his size.

I understand that the game is played on the field and not at the combine workout, I am always leery of workout warriors who rocket up the board after the combine which is why I was glad the Bills were not targeting DK. Getting Oliver and Ford first 2 picks was like having two top 15 draft choices and two of my top choices. Unfolded perfectly for the Bills imo.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, JM57 said:

Trent Richardson who dominated the SEC and Alfred Morris who showed well at FAU would like a word

To be fair, Trent Richardson was never motivated to play NFL football when he was with the Browns and that's something our FO looks at also.  Don't know anything about Morris.

18 minutes ago, GaryPinC said:

To be fair, Trent Richardson was never motivated to play NFL football when he was with the Browns and that's something our FO looks at also.  Don't know anything about Morris.

He’s also the anti - Singletary. He had the worst vision I’ve ever seen from an nfl RB. 

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Turk71 said:

Not that it matters but Johnson and Joseph did not test particularly well either, Joseph's 3 cone and shuttle times were ridiculously slow. He was coming off a hamstring issue though. Johnson was slow as well, especially for his size.

I understand that the game is played on the field and not at the combine workout, I am always leery of workout warriors who rocket up the board after the combine which is why I was glad the Bills were not targeting DK. Getting Oliver and Ford first 2 picks was like having two top 15 draft choices and two of my top choices. Unfolded perfectly for the Bills imo.

As you said, Joseph was injured.  And Johnson was a 6th rounder.

11 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He’s also the anti - Singletary. He had the worst vision I’ve ever seen from an nfl RB. 

images.jpeg

• Haha (+1) 2