Greg Gabriel Blasts Ed Oliver and Believes He Has “Bust Potential”

I also lol'd at Gabriel saying that Oliver is sort of "lackadaisical", with "inconsistent effort". 

Literally everything I've read and seen shows the opposite. Beane and McDermott themselves both directly SAID the opposite, stating that Oliver goes 100mph all the time.

Greg Gabriel is unemployed for a reason.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Oliver’s worst film was probably Memphis, according to joe Marino. But he was playing hurt, which he didn’t need to do but wanted to do. He didn’t say he was lackadaisical but that he was not himself because he was injured. 

I may be way off base here but didnt he have a serious amount of TFL's over his career at houston? and that was playing as an undersized nose, right?..... could somebody explain to me how that equates to "not making many plays"?

Edited by Stank_Nasty

Greg Gabriel is a legend in his own mind. He seems red necky, reactionary and not much of a deep thinker on any level. Glad the Bills didnt hire him as GM after Chicago fired him.

Edited by BubbaT
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Unemployed scouts are the best. They can say whatever they want for attention. 

I know him, he is a friend of a family member, he has been to my home. He is a nice guy. Through hard work he built himself a pretty good NFL career. However I have had the occasion to question his judgement.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, BubbaT said:

Greg Gabriel is a legend in his own mind. He seems red necky, reactionary and not much of a deep thinker on any level. 

In other words...a prototypical TSW poster!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

If you just looked Just at Oliver's 2018 tape, you might come to the same conclusion (although he was injured and missed some games).  The previous two years, he showed his elite athleticism (and at the combine). All picks are a gamble to some degree, but when the Bills were on the clock, I was hoping for Oliver or Wilkins.

Edited by par73
clarification
  • Like (+1) 2

32 minutes ago, R Y G A R said:

Literally every player has bust potential. Don't see happening with Oliver though. 

Every player is a knee injury away from being a bust.  Ask Ki-jana Carter.