Greg Gabriel Blasts Ed Oliver and Believes He Has “Bust Potential”

17 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Well anyone who thought the Bills should of picked Hockenson with the issues on the D-Line and Oline doesn’t know the Bills very well. Not to mention the fact that TE’s in the first are a luxury pick. I like what the Bills did and think the Bills addressed the biggest needs with the right picks. 

Anyone who thinks we should have picked Hockenson is an ignoramus because Hockenson wasn’t there for us to take.

Sorry...I just don't see Oliver as a bust. He is too dedicated, athletic and explosive. As we know. He was smothered a NT at Houston. Besides, I like his attitude...kind of a loose and fancy free guy...spatially free! unhindered!

Edited by Rocket94
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, YodaMan79 said:

After the draft, what's the point of tearing these kids down?  You can disagree with the value, position or spots they were picked, but go after the GM.  My only caveat would be is if they are so low on character and have a track record of being a trash human being (think Mr. Crab legs, Hill, Mixon ect..)  These kids have plenty of time as a pro to get criticized or called out moving forward.  Once they start collecting a check they're fair game.  

The “I told you so” factor.  

People that get paid to do this need to show others that they deserve to get paid

18 hours ago, Phil The Thrill said:

Because you go back and you look at the tape and the tape isn’t very good. 

18 hours ago, Phil The Thrill said:

He also says he was wrong on Josh Allen last year but it was because he was only going on what he saw on tape and didn’t know the type of person/leader Allen is.

Meh, his point of view is as worthless as most peoples. We'll see how it goes this year on the field. 

3 hours ago, Doc said:

I can understand EO trying to preserve himself considering he was playing out of position and getting beaten up at NT.  

Yeah except that the tape does not match that narrative (and I am not saying you are creating it....just a narrative like that in general)

At 280 pounds (or maybe even less) Ed Oliver graded out as a ELITE run defender in college......let that sink in for a second.....that means guys 30 pound heavier then him were not pushing him around at NOSE TACKLE.....that means taking on 2 guys at a time.

As a 3 tech?   Ed Oliver is going to feast.......and despite the heafty contract for Star he is going to do for Ed Oliver what he did for K. Short.

7 minutes ago, The Senator said:

Two questions:

1) Who the **** is Greg Gabriel?

2) Why the **** should I care what he thinks?

Some weekly online publication hack.  He also has the NY Giants as one of the top 3 drafters.

8 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Oliver was playing out of position, on an average team, and not for the coach that recruited him. He would have been out a year earlier if he allowed to be. He was being wasted and had nothing to do but go back. 

I NEVER think that protecting your draft status is a bad thing. Bosa did it too and he was on a competitive team. If you have a Jaylon Smith type of injury you earning potential plummets. Smith was a consensus top 3 pick and has made $6.5M total including this year. Joey Bosa went 3rd in that draft and has made $25.9M total including this year. NOT protecting his draft status has already cost Jaylon Smith between $19m-$20m. I’m sorry but I don’t see that as a red flag at all. To me, it’s like Final Jeopardy. If you already have a runaway victory there’s no reason to bet an amount to where you could possibly lose!! You’ve already clinched. 

Why couldn't he not play , like Bosa ?

3 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Yeah except that the tape does not match that narrative (and I am not saying you are creating it....just a narrative like that in general)

At 280 pounds (or maybe even less) Ed Oliver graded out as a ELITE run defender in college......let that sink in for a second.....that means guys 30 pound heavier then him were not pushing him around at NOSE TACKLE.....that means taking on 2 guys at a time.

As a 3 tech?   Ed Oliver is going to feast.......and despite the heafty contract for Star he is going to do for Ed Oliver what he did for K. Short.

Yeah, I was just saying that if he was trying to preserve himself and "disappeared," it's understandable.  And even the best NT's who weight upwards of 70# than EO would struggle against double- and especially triple-teams.

Even if he believes his own *****. Claims of being a draft bust is just plain stupid.

Ed Oliver was rated as one of the safest players in the NFL Draft.  We need to find out what his true motive was for being Dumb.

#1 He signed with another agent?

#2 Trolling the network?

#3 Heavy drinking

#4 Lupus

23 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

My boss is a lions fan (and a Michigan fan too wtf did I do to deserve this btw) and was bitching yesterday about the Hock pick. I know she didn’t pay attention to the draft process and insisted this was one of the bigger names and assured he was a different type of TE then Ebron. I lied though saying I would have taken him at 8 ahead of Oliver, I would not have. 

Poor Stafford should be pissed. The punishment that guy takes because his oline is so bad is cruel. Good thing he makes so much money.

13 hours ago, NJKBillsfan said:

To be completely honest I was concerned about the pick after watching his highlights.

There just didn't seem to be that many big plays on tape.

Add that to the fact that he's undersized and I agree with Gabriel about the bust potential. 

I am seriously starting to wonder based on your recent posts if you are trolling this site......seriously

- He is a 280 pound DT playing the nose in his college career

- Despite that and taking on double teams the majority of the time STILL makes plays

- He grades out as a elite run defender despite his size

- Greg Gabriel is wrong.....A LOT

- There are also some pundits that believe this was actually the MOST TALENTED player in this draft......over Q. Williams....over Bosa......gotten at the 9th pick

• Like (+1) 1

nonsense

the guy obviously has all the talent. he was being played in a position that is for 300+lb DT's. He also isn't lazy. from the second he stepped off the plane he looked like he was ready to get to work and improve 

not like Marcell who screamed lazy from his first season with us 

• Thank you (+1) 1