Which NFL team do you think got the biggest steal in the draft?

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

I’ll go with the redskins with their selection of Kelvin Harmon in rd 6.  The combine ruined him.  While not the explosive talent team like at WR, he just gets the job done by playing to his strengths.  Aggressive with strong hands that knows how to find soft spots in zones as well as physically shield the defensive player from the ball.  He’s not a #1, but I could see him being a good red zone talent and complimentary player.  

Im sure he won’t be the best late round selection but I think he can be a safe one.  His biggest issue that this point is his qb.  

Redskins also got great value with McLaurin in round three.  Some teams actually draft receivers for their young QBs to throw to.

18 minutes ago, dneveu said:

Agree! He gets to play CB2 there behind ward.  They also have a solid pass rush with vernon, richardson, garrett - and bring in a solid offense.  He's set up to have a good rookie year.

I actually think that if Wilkes runs the same D as McDermott, as expected, Greedy is a better fit than Ward. We will see how it works out, love the pick. 

I think we had a nice boring draft this year......two big uglies up front......a couple of third round guys that if they pan out to potential will be starters.....a couple of lottery tickets towards the end......

Nothing crazy.....but you could eventually has as many as 4 players out of this draft as starters (a couple not right away)

For this reason I do not pick us for the steals......but I thought we got exactly what we NEEDED to go along with a VERY active free agency.

3 hours ago, mannc said:

Redskins also got great value with McLaurin in round three.  Some teams actually draft receivers for their young QBs to throw to.

While I realize that Brown, Beasley, Foster, Zay, mcKenzie, Duke and Sills aren’t one of the best WR units and it would’ve been nice to add another to the competition, the skins had the worst WRs in the league imo.  Doctson (who sucks), Richardson (who’s fragile) were the 1 and 2 going into the draft.  You think that sounds bad?  Listen to 3-6.  Trey Quinn, Robert Davis, Jehu chesson and Tre McBride.

they HAD to draft some WRs. Our 6th wr could be better than their 3rd.

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 1

Our first 2 picks were great, but I gotta go with Allen to JAX at 7. The Raiders could have traded back at least 8 places and gotten Ferrell.

2 hours ago, NewEra said:

While I realize that Brown, Beasley, Foster, Zay, mcKenzie, Duke and Sills are one of the best WR units and it would’ve been nice to add another to the competition, the skins had the worst WRs in the league imo.  Doctson (who sucks), Richardson (who’s fragile) were the 1 and 2 going into the draft.  You think that sounds bad?  Listen to 3-6.  Trey Quinn, Robert Davis, Jehu chesson and Tre McBride.

they HAD to draft some WRs. Our 6th wr could be better than their 3rd.

We don't have "one of the top receiver units" in the NFL. We have an above average WR corps with solid depth.

Edited by GreggTX
  • Like (+1) 1

On 5/2/2019 at 3:46 PM, eball said:

I'm a homer, but I think Oliver at 9 was an unbelievable steal.  After reading about him and then seeing the genuine joy he expressed upon being drafted by the Bills, I believe this is a match made in football heaven.

If it is true (as Kirby reported) that Singletary was graded that much higher by the Bills than anyone else available at #74, he is most certainly a steal.

I don't care about any other teams.  ;)

Long gone are the days of drafting guys who have the same facial expression as Stephon Gilmore while putting a Bills hat on. 

15 minutes ago, H2o said:

Long gone are the days of drafting guys who have the same facial expression as Stephon Gilmore while putting a Bills hat on. 

I read that both Oliver and Ford “prayed” to be drafted by the Bills. What a swing. Let’s goooo

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

8 hours ago, 1ManRaid said:

Singletary and Knox will prove to be the steals of the draft in two years.

I've become really fascinated with Knox since the draft. He might be my 2nd favorite pick right now next to Oliver. Having a TE that can do this...

...with Allen throwing down the seam could be a monster. That is arguably Allen's best throw and I think Knox will become a favorite target of his very quickly.

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I've become really fascinated with Knox since the draft. He might be my 2nd favorite pick right now next to Oliver. Having a TE that can do this...

...with Allen throwing down the seam could be a monster. That is arguably Allen's best throw and I think Knox will become a favorite target of his very quickly.

Knox is a “high ceiling” prospect. He has traits of a TE1 in the NFL. It will be up to the Bills to develop that talent. 

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, GreggTX said:

Our first 2 picks were great, but I gotta go with Allen to JAX at 7. The Raiders could have traded back at least 8 places and gotten Ferrell.

We don't have "one of the top receiver units" in the NFL. We have an above average WR corps with solid depth.

The raiders could’ve trade back......if someone wanted to trade up, but no one did. It’s been discussed that they were actively trying to. I agree that getting allen at 7 was a huge get.

i meant to write aren’t one of the best wr units

4 hours ago, mannc said:

Who?  I know who John Brown, Cole Beasley and even Duke Williams are.  I got no clue who that guy is.

7 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Who?  I know who John Brown, Cole Beasley and even Duke Williams are.  I got no clue who that guy is.

One of the many WRs at Ohio state. I love him. He has “good” WR film, and “great” ST film. Would not have drafted him before round 4-5. Redskins *may* have pushed him up their board because Haskins publicly  begged them to draft one of his guys and Campbell was already gone, plus they desperately needed a WR. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

12 hours ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

Chauncey Gardner-Johnson-CB/S Saints 4th Round
Dru Samia-G Vikings 4th Round
Deionte Thompson-S Cardinals 5th Round
Blake Cashman-LB Jets 5th Round
Emeke Egbule-LB Chargers 6th Round
Darwin Thompson-RB Chiefs 6th Round

Watch Darwin Thompson blow up the league just like Kareem Hunt.  It’s almost unfair what the Chiefs have been up to from an offensive personal standpoint.

On May 2, 2019 at 3:35 PM, NewDayBills said:

If I'm a Broncos fan I feel pretty good about Drew Lock in round two.

He's Doofus Elway's newest Paxton Lynch.

Haskins was the steal at 15.

Speaking of Elway, check this out:

The deal: Denver Broncos owner Pat Bowlen would give Elway the right to buy 10 percent of the Broncos for $15 million. Bowlen would also give him the option to buy another 10 percent of the franchise by forgoing the deferred salary Bowlen owed him on the condition Elway would become a special assistant to Bowlen, which would eventually lead to a COO job. That total deferred salary? About $21 million.

But there was even more that made the deal a no-lose proposition. If Elway wasn't happy with his investment, he could sell back his interest, two to five years later, for $5 million more than his original purchase price plus 8 percent interest a year. Since the Broncos weren't making cash calls, it was essentially free money.

And then came the real kicker. If Elway agreed to the deal, he would have right of first refusal to buy any other stake in the team if the Bowlen family sold to an outsider. NFL teams don't come up for sale often.

Sixteen and a half years later, as the Broncos are back in the Super Bowl, Elway is a paid employee of the team with no stake in the franchise. The 20 percent stake he passed on, based on a Forbes 2015 valuation of the team at $1.94 billion, is now worth $388 million, which would have been a 646 percent return on the 1998 investment, adjusted for inflation, had he made it.

But Elway could still have purchased the original 10 percent offered for $15 million. And it's not only that he passed on the deal, it's where he put his money instead.

Elway and his partner in his car business, Mitch Pierce, took that exact amount -- $15 million -- and invested in a company run by a man named Sean Mueller. That company turned out to be a $150 million Ponzi scheme and Elway and his partner were among the largest single investors. Elway and Pierce withdrew $6 million from their investment, but still ended up losing more than $7 million in the scheme when it was all said and done.

And this is the same bonehead that the Broncos decided to run their team??  too funny

• Haha (+1) 1