Which NFL team do you think got the biggest steal in the draft?

7 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Sea - DK Metcalf.  Getting him with the last pick in the 2nd was a monster steal.  He also landed in a perfect situation for himself too.  

I was never as high on DK as you but agree Seattle is a great spot for him. Their offense is perfect to hide his weaknesses. It is simple route concepts and lots of down field throws in longer developing scramble scenarios where his long speed can overcome his lack of short area quickness and sharp direction change ability.

• Like (+1) 1

Stanley Morgan as a UDFA to Cinci is a big steal IMO; I think he was one of the best WRs in the draft. DK in the late 2nd was huge too. Think us getting Ford in the 2nd was also a big steal.

Edited by DCOrange

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

I was never as high on DK as you but agree Seattle is a great spot for him. Their offense is perfect to hide his weaknesses. It is simple route concepts and lots of down field throws in longer developing scramble scenarios where his long speed can overcome his lack of short area quickness and sharp direction change ability.

Yeah, whether someone was high or low on DK, getting him there was a real value for Seattle.  

I like guys who have things you can’t coach because a good coaching staff can help develop the areas where you can be coached.  And what I liked about DK besides his insane physical ability is his work ethic, character and how much the game means to him.  Seattle got a guy who will put everything he has into it, and when you got a guy like that with his physical gifts and a talented coaching staff like Seattle, that’s a great pairing.

Honestly I have high confidence in our own staff to get the most out of players, which is why I was certainly a big fan of drafting DK at some point.  

That being said, I have zero complaints about our draft, wouldn’t have changed it, and loved it.  You can’t draft everyone and I love that we got Oliver and Ford

18 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

That is still the most shocking pick in the draft.

Clelin Ferrell at 4 was more shocking IMO. The Jones pick was predicted by some media people like Adam Schein, but CF at 4 came out of nowhere.

4 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I agree - my only concern with him seeing immediate success is that it appears Doug Baldwin is done. Does that make him their #1 WR? I feel like that might be rough out of the gate for him. I like Tyler Lockett but he’s used to getting the CB2 as well.

Edited by YoloinOhio

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I agree - my only concern with him seeing immediate success is that it appears Doug Baldwin is done. Does that make him their #1 WR? I feel like that might be rough out of the gate for him. 

Are you forgetting about Tyler Lockett?  Defenses will have a tough time matching up with him and Metcalf on the field at the same time.  I feel like Lockett is Tyreek Hill-like in that he’s a guy the defense has to account for on every single play.

1 minute ago, mannc said:

Are you forgetting about Tyler Lockett?  Defenses will have a tough time matching up with him and Metcalf on the field at the same time.  I feel like Lockett is Tyreek Hill-like in that he’s a guy the defense has to account for on every single play.

No I didn’t forget about him, but as a WR1 he’s a projection rather than a certainty. Metcalf would have been a lot more free with Baldwin out there. 

10 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

No I didn’t forget about him, but as a WR1 he’s a projection rather than a certainty. Metcalf would have been a lot more free with Baldwin out there. 

I would say 1000 yards receiving and 10 TDs is more just than a projection.  Looks like a breakout year to me...

I think Diontae Johnson in the 3d may turn out to be a steal for Pittsburgh.  They have a pretty good track record for finding receivers...

Edited by mannc

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

I agree - my only concern with him seeing immediate success is that it appears Doug Baldwin is done. Does that make him their #1 WR? I feel like that might be rough out of the gate for him. I like Tyler Lockett but he’s used to getting the CB2 as well.

Yea agree. That is a concern. Because Baldwin has been great for them. And he is so sure handed. If Metcalf gets there and starts dropping a few balls that could be an issue. 

Normally I would say DK Metcalf but he slipped way to far to draw a conclusion.

I would have to say Devin Singletary

Edited by HOUSE

24 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea agree. That is a concern. Because Baldwin has been great for them. And he is so sure handed. If Metcalf gets there and starts dropping a few balls that could be an issue. 

I always felt the best team for him would be one where he could ease in as a complementary weapon initially instead of an integral piece that was relied upon for production right away. They might still be able to make that happen there, but just think might need a bit of time before he starts really producing due his rawness. Usually it’s the technician route runners that produce in the 1st year and even then the position as a whole, generally, isn’t a big producer as rookies.

32 minutes ago, BillsfaninSB said:

Jags with Josh Allen at 7.

Tantalizing close to the Bills.   I wonder what Beane would have done if he was there (Oliver vs Allen). 

This is simply a guess but I think he would have gone with Oliver, just due to the positional value he will fill in McD’s scheme and the hole we have (had) there 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, BillsfaninSB said:

Jags with Josh Allen at 7.

Tantalizing close to the Bills.   I wonder what Beane would have done if he was there (Oliver vs Allen). 

I doubt we will ever know for sure but I think Ed Oliver was their guy the whole time.  Great player at a position of great need with the retirement of Kyle.

• Thank you (+1) 1

I’ll go with the redskins with their selection of Kelvin Harmon in rd 6.  The combine ruined him.  While not the explosive talent team like at WR, he just gets the job done by playing to his strengths.  Aggressive with strong hands that knows how to find soft spots in zones as well as physically shield the defensive player from the ball.  He’s not a #1, but I could see him being a good red zone talent and complimentary player.  

Im sure he won’t be the best late round selection but I think he can be a safe one.  His biggest issue that this point is his qb.  

3 minutes ago, Billsfansinceday1 said:

I doubt we will ever know for sure but I think Ed Oliver was their guy the whole time.  Great player at a position of great need with the retirement of Kyle.

Agreed