Which NFL team do you think got the biggest steal in the draft?

1 hour ago, BarleyNY said:

That’s an odd thing to speculate.  Rosen has handled an incredibly difficult and, quite frankly, embarrassing situation with a ton of class.  I haven’t seen otherwise from him so far. 

I agree.  You can't fault him. The idea is if he gets "discarded" a second time, will he be so gracious?   His reaction after he was passed over by so many teams in the 2018 draft wasn't that pleasant.   Will he return to that form if he gets dumped again for another QB?

6 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

I agree.  You can't fault him. The idea is if he gets "discarded" a second time, will he be so gracious?   His reaction after he was passed over by so many teams in the 2018 draft wasn't that pleasant.   Will he return to that form if he gets dumped again for another QB?

I had no problem with his reaction when teams passed on him in the draft. Brady has said his attitude was always 198 times GMs passed on me I am going to make them all sorry. 

And he was all class last week. He is in a difficult spot in Miami but it is an opportunity. He has to make the best of it. 

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

I had no problem with his reaction when teams passed on him in the draft. Brady has said his attitude was always 198 times GMs passed on me I am going to make them all sorry. 

And he was all class last week. He is in a difficult spot in Miami but it is an opportunity. He has to make the best of it. 

I have no problem with that attitude either.  Chips on shoulders are tremendous motivation.   It's the way he expressed himself when he was initially interviewed.   Rather than being grateful for being drafted, he expressed resentment. (His later interviews were better.)  To his credit he didn't do that when the team that drafted him discarded him after one season.  I agree that he handled it with class in front of the media.

Call me a homer but Oliver at 9 could be a steal, I think he's going to be a great player.

Miami getting Rosen for a 2nd could turn out great for them---this guy could end up being a thorn in our side for years to come.

6 hours ago, Chuck Wagon said:

Jags

Allen at 7 and Taylor at 35

They basically got a guy who has been mocked to them at 7 at pick 35 (granted he's gotta stay healthy) and a guy who was never mocked to be there at 7.

+1.  THe Jaguars had a phenomenal first two days.   

5 hours ago, Nihilarian said:

I dunno man, Rosen didn't look all that good behind a bad Cards O line last season. 3-13 and Rosen went 3-10. 

Guess what? The Dolphins have one of the worst rosters in the NFL and they gave up 52 sacks last season. They also lost their starting LT to Denver.  Cameron Wake, Frank Gore, Danny Amendola, starting LG Ted Larson all gone in free agency. 

Most draft pundits have the Dolphins selecting the #1 overall pick in 2020 and that is a QB! 

Could you imagine how much that would suck for Rosen if the exact same scenario happened next year?

5 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

How rich is the Cardinal owner? Does he need the several million dollars he will make on Murray before the season even starts?

He should let any fan who bought a Rosen jersey trade it in for a Murray Jersey at the Cardinals store.

Biggest steal would indicate a single player, not the most overall value.  Here are some of my notable steals:

Jags - Jawaan Taylor.  I am not high on Taylor, but getting a guy who had top 15 selection potential in the 2nd round is a pretty good steal.  

Tenn - Jeffrey Simmons.  Not a steal in where he was projected due to his injury per se, but in terms of talent this kid was top 5 in this draft.

Pats - N'Keal Harry.  Getting him at the end of the first was to me was a steal, he was my top WR in the draft personally.

Bills - Cody Ford.  He was a top 15 player who we got in the 2nd, big steal.

Sea - DK Metcalf.  Getting him with the last pick in the 2nd was a monster steal.  He also landed in a perfect situation for himself too.  

Honorable UDFA mention:  Bills - David Sills V.  Bills got a guy who had been projected as high as the 3rd round to 5th round for nothing.  Thats a great deal always.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 2