Football is a game of inches

And Charles Clay was inches away from a dramatic game winner that would have put Allen’s rookie season into folklore...

Looking back... that drop was the best thing that happened all season... it allowed us to pick Ed Oliver...

that brings me back to another famous drop... Stevie Johnson vs the Steelers... that drop also secured us Marcell Dareus...

funny how History repeats...

but i have a funny feeling that It will all work out for the positive this time...

the coach, GM and staff are all on the same page and the arrow is definitely pointing up...

Ed Oliver welcome To Buffalo... Charles Clay... thank you for being a bum lol

it really is a game of inches

• Like (+1) 10
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

And Charles Clay was inches away from a dramatic game winner that would have put Allen’s rookie season into folklore...

Looking back... that drop was the best thing that happened all season... it allowed us to pick Ed Oliver...

that brings me back to another famous drop... Stevie Johnson vs the Steelers... that drop also secured us Marcell Dareus...

but i have a funny feeling that It will all work out for the positive this time...

the coach, GM and staff are all on the same page and the arrow is definitely pointing up...

I hate you 716, and I love you at the same time.  I told this (Charles Clay drop) to a friend of mine the day after the first round, but you had the good sense to post it.

Bravo, Sir!

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

These guys have a cohesive plan and have not deviated from it since they got here even when things got tough and it would have been easy to "panic"

12 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

We would’ve been better off if Stevie caught it. We could’ve had jj watt, Aj, Peterson. Truly great players.  Unlike Dareus who was great til he got paid. 

• Like (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

It didn’t matter in the end but we shoulda rested J.A. and T.E. In the second half of the meaningless final game vs. Miami.

Would have prevented stupid injuries. Also maybe we could have lost the game and higher draft picks

You wanted to lose the same game more than once?

7 minutes ago, NewEra said:

We would’ve been better off if Stevie caught it. We could’ve had jj watt, Aj, Peterson. Truly great players.  Unlike Dareus who was great til he got paid. 

I agree, we would also have a win against the Steelers. I have a Steelers friend and they have gotten the best of us for over a decade. 

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Dareus was really good until he got his 2nd contract/Ryan came to town. I wonder if those two were handled differently if we'd still be lamenting that pick.

11 minutes ago, NewEra said:

That was my point... really didn’t work out last time... and I loved Dareus...

feel like we will have a happier ending this time 

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

I hate you 716, and I love you at the same time.  I told this (Charles Clay drop) to a friend of mine the day after the first round, but you had the good sense to post it.

Bravo, Sir!

If the season mattered at all that game would have ripped my heart out. But since it didn't matter, I loved watching a great Josh Allen performance while not minding losing for picks.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

It didn’t matter in the end but we shoulda rested J.A. and T.E. In the second half of the meaningless final game vs. Miami.

Would have prevented stupid injuries. Also maybe we could have lost the game and higher draft picks

I disagree. Much of the feel good off season was launched from that game.  It was tied at half and to see Josh play an entire game and be the best player on the field was important especailly after the pick 6 he threw at the end of the first half.  Tremaine's int was a sign of what's to come and Kyle Williams memorable send off was a rare event.  My 9 year old son wanted to stay until the end, the first time that ever happened.  Hearing the Shout song for six touchdowns and getting 50+ high fives goes a long way to the making of a fan.  Besides, all indications are that if the Bills drafted at 7 and 38, they would have taken the same guys that they took having 9 and 40 with the tradeup to 38 with the cost of a 5th rounder.  

• Like (+1) 1

Man, I was at that Steelers game and was screaming that we were about to win, hugging and high fiving and then...

Very much the same for my seats at SB XXV. The angle we were at made the kick look good, we’re jumping and screaming and then I looked over at our bench. 

Ugh. Game of inches, indeed. 

54 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I think that drop also helped inspire that beating they gave them the next time they saw them.

55 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Let's hope Oliver has a better attitude than Dareus.

• Thank you (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

If the season mattered at all that game would have ripped my heart out. But since it didn't matter, I loved watching a great Josh Allen performance while not minding losing for picks.

I know, right Promo?  It really makes it OK.

OOOHHHHHH MAN, I wanted Oliver.  Liked about 5, but Oliver was tops, without necessarily crazily trading up.

Ed Oliver completely played out of position at Houston... lined up at the 0 tech and 1 tech majority... and STILL put up unreal stats

he is a potential game changing player and he is actually already a tremendous run stuffer

the pick fell right into out laps