PFF highest drop rates for QB's

38 minutes ago, HansLanda said:

I wouldn't be shocked if Daboll puts Allen in position to make many more high-percentage check down throws with Cole in the mix to balance homerun shots. 

And Kroft/Knox. The Bills brass have implied a few times that Allen needs to take what the D gives him better. I think high % throws will be a big emphasis for him the year.

5 minutes ago, billspro said:

I think that is more of a myth. His velocity was fine on short passes. He does need to work on his ball placement a bit. 

I agree with that but I do maintain his velocity is a bit too much on shorter passes.  I think a better OL will allow him to get his feet set and. Improve the accuracy.

44 minutes ago, papazoid said:

immediately the charles clay endzone drop comes to mind

Yeah that would've been an awesome play. One that I'd never forget. I guess it helped us land Oliver. I think draft pick would've been 15 or 16 I think? Probably would've ended up with Fant or something lol. 

22 minutes ago, Billsfansinceday1 said:

You are correct.  Sarcastic hyperbole is difficult. Josh needs to do

a better job of controlling his velocity on short passes.

Does that work for you?

LOL, sure.  I think it's a little overblown though.  I saw a significant difference in pre- and post-injury Josh, even on the short stuff.  Hopefully now that the "newness" of the NFL has worn off he'll focus more on making those short, easy completions and realize he doesn't always have to go for the big play.

28 minutes ago, Billsfansinceday1 said:

You are correct.  Sarcastic hyperbole is difficult. Josh needs to do

a better job of controlling his velocity on short passes.

Does that work for you?

I think the point remains that he didn't really throw that many short passes "too hard" at whatever velocity you choose.  I _feel_ like I saw more short ones just off-target, probably b/c Josh was uncomfortable trying to take something off?

3 minutes ago, buffalover4life said:

This low light is almost as impressive as his highlights. If all balls were caught I think he'd have an extra 700 yards and a 65% completion percentage 5-6 more TDs...countless drives continued.. 

Weird I am being told Zay only dropped 3 passes all last year...yet he shows up 8 or 9 times in this video in just the games he played with Josh Allen and doesnt include the NP, DA, and MB throws.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I've been saying this for months. Completion % needs to be adjusted for drops. Allens # are not as bad as they look simply because of the drops.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, PolishPrince said:

I think this was almost worse than the drops. Not just having first down plays called back, but man it seemed like we were starting 1st and 2nd and 15+ more than starting with only 10 to go. Josh actually threw down field to help counter it, but with our last several QB’s we would have given up on the drive before it began

Yea I recall one game, not sure who it was against but, there were at least 2 in a row (maybe 3) that were 1st downs negated because of holding calls.  Not short yardage either.  I believe it was 3rd and 5, picked up the first, holding.  3rd and 15, picked up the first, holding, then didn't complete.  Allen kept going for the sticks though.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, HansLanda said:

I wouldn't be shocked if Daboll puts Allen in position to make many more high-percentage check down throws with Cole in the mix to balance homerun shots. 

Josh has to hit the layups with consistency. Cole should help with getting a reliable underneath option and a savvy receiver in terms of coming back to Josh when he scrambles (he did that so well with Dak.) I know Josh will do good things getting the ball downfield esp with Brown and Foster as burners. However can he make those reliable throws that move the chains consistently? As much as I love Josh he misses too many easy throws that are on him. 

Now this isn't to say I don't have faith in Josh as he works hard and has already shown in his rookie year the ability to be coached and improve. But he has a long way to go in a lot of aspects of his game. 

Edited by billsfan89

47 minutes ago, buffalover4life said:

This low light is almost as impressive as his highlights. If all balls were caught I think he'd have an extra 700 yards and a 65% completion percentage 5-6 more TDs...countless drives continued.. 

Sickening to watch that video ? 

1 hour ago, PolishPrince said:

A lot of people point to Josh’s only bad game after injury being there patriots (who are known to destroy rookie qb’s) but there were three dropped TD passes in that game, assuming you include the one Foster lost in the sun. The bullet through Logan’s hands in back right side of end zone really frustrated me especially, it was a great tough throw with perfect ball placement away from DB

Uggg!!!!!

I think I just threw up in my mouth, thinking about it?

16 minutes ago, Yav said:

I've been saying this for months. Completion % needs to be adjusted for drops. Allens # are not as bad as they look simply because of the drops.

PFF already does this and Alen’s adjusted completion percentage was still one of the worst in the league.

54 minutes ago, buffalover4life said:

NOT SHOWN: any time where Josh Allen drops the ball.