PFF highest drop rates for QB's

I’m content with who they brought in this year in the WR room. All of the FA’s have proven hands and with Josh, hopefully, working on touch in his short game, we should see an uptick.

The separation that Beasley can get, alone, will help. 

• Like (+1) 1

Imagine if we could also stop getting big plays called back on penalties! Maybe I’m going too far......but a guy can hope!

It did seem like an unusual number of poorly timed penalties.  I know, there’s never a goood time, but.....

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 9
  • Thank you (+1) 3

14 minutes ago, Billsfansinceday1 said:

Benji helped those stats a lot.  So did Josh’s 99 mph fastball from 5 yards away.  With Benji (and a new group of WRs) gone and a year under Josh’s belt I am pretty confident things will be different this year...I hope.

We all agree Josh needs to be better at taking the "short stuff" to improve, but how many times did what's bolded above actually happen last year?

I'll hang up and listen.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, eball said:

We all agree Josh needs to be better at taking the "short stuff" to improve, but how many times did what's bolded above actually happen last year?

I'll hang up and listen.

You are correct.  Sarcastic hyperbole is difficult. Josh needs to do

a better job of controlling his velocity on short passes.

Does that work for you?

• Like (+1) 1

Couple the drops with all the pressure and sacks the oline gave up, Josh Allen didn’t even have a chance last year and he seemed to look like a great QB in the making. This year should be a lot different.

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, HansLanda said:

I wouldn't be shocked if Daboll puts Allen in position to make many more high-percentage check down throws with Cole in the mix to balance homerun shots. 

I hope Allen can make that kind of throw then.  That's was his biggest weakness, from college and last year...

32 minutes ago, papazoid said:

immediately the charles clay endzone drop comes to mind

How about multiple KB EZ drops.

Having multiple new receivers and tight ends who can catch is one on my greatest reasons for optimism this year. That and competent O line coaching AND talent.

7 minutes ago, Billsfansinceday1 said:

Does that work for you?

I think that is more of a myth. His velocity was fine on short passes. He does need to work on his ball placement a bit. 

• Like (+1) 3

32 minutes ago, Augie said:

Imagine if we could also stop getting big plays called back on penalties! Maybe I’m going too far......but a guy can hope!

It did seem like an unusual number of poorly timed penalties.  I know, there’s never a goood time, but.....

I think this was almost worse than the drops. Not just having first down plays called back, but man it seemed like we were starting 1st and 2nd and 15+ more than starting with only 10 to go. Josh actually threw down field to help counter it, but with our last several QB’s we would have given up on the drive before it began

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Billsfansinceday1 said:

Does that work for you?

It was more just a lack of accuracy on those thrown in my opinion. Velocity wasn’t the issue in most cases...particularly after he returned from injury. 

He simply was too sporadic with his short throws. 

Edited by TroutDog

5 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

How about multiple KB EZ drops.

Having multiple new receivers and tight ends who can catch is one on my greatest reasons for optimism this year. That and competent O line coaching AND talent.

A lot of people point to Josh’s only bad game after injury being there patriots (who are known to destroy rookie qb’s) but there were three dropped TD passes in that game, assuming you include the one Foster lost in the sun. The bullet through Logan’s hands in back right side of end zone really frustrated me especially, it was a great tough throw with perfect ball placement away from DB

• Thank you (+1) 1