Best Route Concepts for Third Down

4 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Is this where Cole Beasley becomes our Hero??

Speaking of .....  Has there been a Cole Beasley sighting in Buffalo????????? 

Don't know he wasn't there the one day apparently due to the weather and the rest weren't open to the media. But Chris Brown had that video where in the background players were being brought for pictures and short videos that are used in the broadcasts so he probably was here for that at least.

• Like (+1) 1

...probably way off base, but it always seemed like 3rd down was the "down from hell" on BOTH sides of the ball...with the thread being about offense, seemed to me annually when the opposition had 3rd and 15+ yds, they'd clear out the middle and hit their TE in rhythm in the seam for an easy 1st down...time and time again....

6 hours ago, badassgixxer05 said:

Guessing right on what the defense will be running will have the best results no matter what offense you will be running.

talent talent talent

on your side of the ball

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

Funny stuff.

I especially liked the item in the article that talked about the difference in EPA between a deep ball INT on 3rd down and a short completion.  For years, I've said that deep throws attempted on 3rd down cannot possibly have a bad result; the worst case scenario is it becomes a punt.  Best case is a DPI or TD.

Hopefully, now that the Bills (presumably) have an OL that can pass protect for more than 1/3 of a second, we'll see more 3rd down deep shots this year.

If you aren’t throwing at the sticks you may as well throw far past the sticks on 3rd

6 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

I hate Route concepts that bring a WR short of the sticks on third down.  Seems just as much of a give up play as the Shaud Williams draw was

Speaking of giving up on Shaud.  lol 

His interview starts at :50