6’4 WR Derek Kief, Alabama tryout with the Bills

28 minutes ago, TroutDog said:

My son, who just graduated from Bama, along with two of my nephews who also went/go to Bama say he is a PS candidate. 

He’s got hands and talent but needs work per them.

I watch every Bama game and honestly don’t remember him if that tells you anything. 

Yeah, I think with the Bama connection, Daboll knows enough about him to warrant bringing him in, but he certainly doesn't strike me as a guy who is a strong contender for the 53 man roster.  But given their success with Foster, I think if he shows some promise he certainly has a legit shot at PS.  

WR room is different this year, last year it was very weak so a guy like Foster had a shot to crack the 53 man roster out the gate.  His struggles got him back on the PS until he was ready.  This year, we got a substantially better WR competition, its going to be nearly impossible for him IMO to earn a 53 man spot week 1 this year.  I think guys like Duke and Sills have a legit shot because they have played at higher levels, but this kid strikes me as more raw and developmental.  

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, TroutDog said:

I watch every Bama game and honestly don’t remember him if that tells you anything. 

11 total SNAPS (yes you read that right) over four years.  Not likely to be remembered much...

• Like (+1) 1

Unless he plays special teams like the second coming of Steve Tasker, he is not making the team.  Many more experienced and accomplished receivers ahead of him. Let's see if he gets past his tryout.

10 hours ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

The kid’s got Bobby Chandleresque sideline toes. Nice.

The Alabama board thinks he has the greatest hands.. so maybe he has half a shot to make it if he can play some ST.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Lurker said:

I've never seen a kid with this small a body of work invited to an NFL camp. 

Receiving & Rushing

Receiving Rushing Scrimmage
Year School Conf Class Pos G Rec Yds Avg TD Att Yds Avg TD Plays Yds Avg TD
Career Alabama         11 101 9.2 2 0 0   0 11 101 9.2 2
*2015 Alabama SEC FR WR 1 1 -3 -3.0 0 0 0   0 1 -3 -3.0 0
*2016 Alabama SEC SO WR 4 4 31 7.8 0 0 0   0 4 31 7.8 0
*2017 Alabama SEC JR WR 4 2 34 17.0 1 0 0   0 2 34 17.0 1
*2018 Alabama SEC SR WR 5 4 39 9.8 1 0 0   0 4 39 9.8 1

Matt Cassel attempted 33 passes his entire college career and was still drafted in the 7th round.

5 hours ago, dorquemada said:

Did anyone say this year's Robert Foster yet?  It's a joke, settle down all of you about to respond in caremad tryhard fashion

Alternatively, I trust Dabol's judgement on the players he's actually coached before.  Maybe he's seen something in this kid that doesnt show on gametape where he's playing on a historically stacked roster

Right, and would anyone really be bothered if a guy with this body type could replace a Da'Mari Scott going to camp?

Good Luck young man.  Show them what you got.

Runs a 4.71 40.  If he get on the camp roster, he'll be competing essentially against Duke Williams and David Sills.  Right now, I have to give the edge to Williams based on experience.  Williams also has more weight to push around cornerbacks. 

17 hours ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

The kid’s got Bobby Chandleresque sideline toes. Nice.

Bobby C was my idol.  Too bad he played in the age of the running game, although it gave him the opportunity to show off his downfield blocking for OJ.

• Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, Buffalophil1948 said:

Kief is very finely ground up marijuana flower. Powder form. Its very good. You should try it sometime

So I'm told

I've always wondered if that's where Donald Sutherland got his sons name Kiefer Sutherland ?& if so what was the driving force behind such a decision !! ?

Mom must have signed of on it too ?

51 minutes ago, T master said:

I've always wondered if that's where Donald Sutherland got his sons name Kiefer Sutherland ?& if so what was the driving force behind such a decision !! ?

Mom must have signed of on it too ?

That would explain a lot