A Turbo-charged version of Kyle Williams? How the Bills will make Ed Oliver even better than he was in college

12 hours ago, #34fan said:

Good luck replacing that in a locker room.

The "Deep Water" speech he gave at the beginning of this video literally brings tears to my eyes. Raw emotion. We will struggle without his leadership, no question. However, someone will pick up the torch. They'll have to. My money is on Micah Hyde.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

We have entered the Kool-Aid portion of the off season.  While I am excited at his potential, until it happens on the field it is just that= potential.  He will certainly be facing a big difference in caliber of offensive linemen.  I think it's unrealistic to think he is going to step in as a rookie and be as good as Kyle Williams, but he could certainly grow into that, and that's good enough for me. 

10 hours ago, c-troop said:

yo I laughed, it was heartless

you should stick to criticizing football instead of other people's jokes my guy

Sorry, I have teenage daughters, I just don't find anything about R Kelly assaulting kids funny.

• Sad 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Back to the OP.

This is a great pick, guy has a huge motor and he's twitchy fast and if he was as strong as he seems, he is going to be a beast to stop. I think Star will also help as he will be clogging the lane allowing Oliver to penetrate. 

Plus I love the guy's attitude, he is so likable and honest and was so grateful and happy to be playing in Buffalo.

Edited by foreboding
  • Sad 1

I love how pumped he was to be selected by the Bills.  I have to believe that that, plus the prospect of not getting double and triple teamed playing NT, has/will re-energized him. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, NickelCity said:

Lol why focus on Rosen? I want to see him crush Brady. 

Focus is on Rosen for more years to crush (if he can last) and less flags.

16 minutes ago, foreboding said:

Back to the OP.

This is a great pick, guy has a huge motor and he's twitchy fast and if he was as strong as he seems, he is going to be a beast to stop. I think Star will also help as he will be clogging the lane allowing Oliver to penetrate. 

Plus I love the guy's attitude, he is so likable and honest and was so grateful and happy to be playing in Buffalo.

Star and him should be siamese twins in camp so they know what each will be doing.  Hopefully in camp they will be roommates.

• Like (+1) 1

You may or may not like Star, but he will command a double team which hopefully will free Oliver up quite a bit.  I like the idea of a run stuffer, an interior pass rusher and a stud middle linebacker to keep free to clean things up.  I was a bit underwhelmed by Edmunds play last year, but we have to remember he is young and it was a huge step for him to play middle linebacker.  We did see improvement, but to me he just looks so unnatural there.  Hopefully he continues to improve and the core of this defense will be around for years to come.  

2 hours ago, STL-Bills said:

The "Deep Water" speech he gave at the beginning of this video literally brings tears to my eyes. Raw emotion. We will struggle without his leadership, no question. However, someone will pick up the torch. They'll have to. My money is on Micah Hyde.

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, TigerJ said:

The McDermott defense is tailor made for Oliver to play 3 tech.  It is literally the perfect system for him.

I think so too. They're definitely going to get the most out of him

1 hour ago, davspo said:

You may or may not like Star, but he will command a double team which hopefully will free Oliver up quite a bit.  I like the idea of a run stuffer, an interior pass rusher and a stud middle linebacker to keep free to clean things up.  I was a bit underwhelmed by Edmunds play last year, but we have to remember he is young and it was a huge step for him to play middle linebacker.  We did see improvement, but to me he just looks so unnatural there.  Hopefully he continues to improve and the core of this defense will be around for years to come.  

If Star can consistently command double teams, it will make that DL deadly.  I really hope Trent Murphy is healed and ready to contribute at LDE.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

We won’t hear from the humorist again.

I was going to give you  a “thanks” beer mug but thought that wasn’t quite enough... so a BIG THANKS ? from me!!!

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

We won’t hear from the humorist again.

Thanks. 
I agree with the objection to the humor and I found c-troop's response to input to be pretty poor too.  
I wanted to object publicly but didn't want to feed the troll.  
The Moderators make TSW a great place to talk about our beloved Bills.

Edited by dulles
Accidentally submitted post before I was done writing.
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Doc said:

If Star can consistently command double teams, it will make that DL deadly.  I really hope Trent Murphy is healed and ready to contribute at LDE.

Good player on a bad contract. Greg Gaines was a 5th round pick last weekend and he can do that jump for peanuts but I understand why they signed him and I'm not complaining.