Lawson's 5th yr option ($9.451M) declined & Ziggy update

1 minute ago, Process said:

WR and DE are going to be by far are biggest, and only major, needs going into 2020

Possibly OL - you really have no idea how any of these guys are going to shake out. I would also add a suitable replacement for LorAx, as well as RB

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Reed83HOF said:

Possibly OL - you really have no idea how any of these guys are going to shake out. I would also add a suitable replacement for LorAx, as well as RB

Right. Next up would be OLB RB and maybe TE. Hopefully won't need to add QB anytime soon 

• Like (+1) 1

No shock at all.  Pretty obvious they were interested in an upgrade and that definitely meant his 5th year option was unlikely.

Personally, I think we sign Ansah and then try and trade Shaq like we did with Sammy after not picking up his option either.  Beane probably tries to trade Shaq whether we sign Ansah or not, just to try and get some value before letting him walk in FA.  

• Like (+1) 3

Average of 3rd to 25th Salaries at DE is $13.073Million....

Could this mean they have a 2 or 3 year deal in place with Ansah and will extend Jerry Hughes for a couple of seasons sometime soon?

6 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

No shock at all.  Pretty obvious they were interested in an upgrade and that definitely meant his 5th year option was unlikely.

Personally, I think we sign Ansah and then try and trade Shaq like we did with Sammy after not picking up his option either.  Beane probably tries to trade Shaq whether we sign Ansah or not, just to try and get some value before letting him walk in FA.  

Except Sammy had real value.  Shaq could get like a 5th at best.  

• Like (+1) 3