Raiders Trade Opportunity?

3 hours ago, BillsDiehard said:

Raiders have lost Isiah Crowell for the season...I'm thinking they'd be desperate to give up a 2nd or 3rd for Shady...

10 years on the board and THIS is your offering?

Crowell will be back next year, but they’ll draft RB anyway. 2nd Rd pick for a has been RB @ $8M per? 

Hell, trade Shady for AB! Seems fair..

5 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I think after we get a 2nd from the Raiders, we should trade a conditional 6th for Julio and flip Shaq for Clowney.  

And in fairest, most sports fans are delusional.

I think a 7th for Julio would get it done. Not willing to part with a 6th. Then you swap Spain for Quinten Nelson. The Colts are trying to accumulate the most cap space and don't want to have to pay Nelson in 2023. Spain offers a cheap alternative.

• Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, mannc said:

Wow, it's amazing how delusional Bills fans are.  A second or a third round pick for a 31-year old RB who averaged about 3.0 YPC last year and is on a bad contract.  Ok....

Conditional 6th, at best

Last season it was rumored Philly was interested but couldn’t give the Bills the value they were looking for - which most speculated at a 4th rounder.  

Conditional 6th is probably right 

7 hours ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

People are hating on the Raiders but they had a pretty good draft and a pretty good off-season overall imo.  They took Ferrell a bit early but he was likely a top 15-20 pick so it wasn't the biggest reach.  Plus he fits the 4-3 scheme they want to run and could very well end up being a top tier pass rusher.

I agree. And the biggest news for them is their draft was a Mayock draft so he is in charge. Now if they can just find a clause to get out of that 10 year contract..... 

Shady wouldn't draw much more than a mid-to-late round pick.  Our best bet is to see if we can squeeze one more good year out of him with our much improved offensive line and likely much improved passing game (which will soften up defenses for the run).  If he doesn't perform well, we have other options on the roster, including an older, but talented vet, a mid-range vet (in both age and talent level) and a talented rookie.  We have the cap space to accommodate McCoy for 1 more year.  I wouldn't deal him unless it was to a contender and with his blessing, so he could go out on top.  The Bills want to establish a culture as a place that treats their guys well and where guys want to come and play.  Dumping McCoy, a possible HOF'er and one of our best players in recent years, for a bag of used jock straps sends a bad message to future free agents.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, BillsDiehard said:

Raiders have lost Isiah Crowell for the season...I'm thinking they'd be desperate to give up a 2nd or 3rd for Shady...

As much as I enjoy watching the Raiders do dumb things, I think there is zero chance of this happening. There are still some unsigned veterans out there that could be signed as a backup for nothing.

39 minutes ago, msw2112 said:

Shady wouldn't draw much more than a mid-to-late round pick.  Our best bet is to see if we can squeeze one more good year out of him with our much improved offensive line and likely much improved passing game (which will soften up defenses for the run).  If he doesn't perform well, we have other options on the roster, including an older, but talented vet, a mid-range vet (in both age and talent level) and a talented rookie.  We have the cap space to accommodate McCoy for 1 more year.  I wouldn't deal him unless it was to a contender and with his blessing, so he could go out on top.  The Bills want to establish a culture as a place that treats their guys well and where guys want to come and play.  Dumping McCoy, a possible HOF'er and one of our best players in recent years, for a bag of used jock straps sends a bad message to future free agents.

Shady deserves at least 1 year where he has QB that can make plays, receivers that have the speed to brake one on any given play. That should loosen the box. What looks like a big, nasty Oline (really hoping on this one). The bills have never given him all 3 in one year. 

why get rid of shady, cuz he had one bad year behind a terrible line and a rookie qb with no WR.....now he has no excuses.  Rebuilt OL, 2nd year jump from Allen and now proven guys in the NFL at WR.  And you guys want to ship him off cuz this is his last year.  Now i get it if he comes out and looks just like last year but then we just let him walk.  Shady will end up with 1000yards rushing, 300 rec and 7 td this year.  And you all want to trade him for a 5th b/c you are not going to get a 2,3, or a 4th for him.

2 minutes ago, bkep32 said:

why get rid of shady, cuz he had one bad year behind a terrible line and a rookie qb with no WR.....now he has no excuses.  Rebuilt OL, 2nd year jump from Allen and now proven guys in the NFL at WR.  And you guys want to ship him off cuz this is his last year.  Now i get it if he comes out and looks just like last year but then we just let him walk.  Shady will end up with 1000yards rushing, 300 rec and 7 td this year.  And you all want to trade him for a 5th b/c you are not going to get a 2,3, or a 4th for him.

With Singletary, Gore and Yeldon, those numbers are not going to happen. Zero chance.

I think most fans realize he has little to no trade value and don't mind seeing what he has left in the tank.