Raiders Trade Opportunity?

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

People are hating on the Raiders but they had a pretty good draft and a pretty good off-season overall imo.  They took Ferrell a bit early but he was likely a top 15-20 pick so it wasn't the biggest reach.  Plus he fits the 4-3 scheme they want to run and could very well end up being a top tier pass rusher.

Edited by K-GunJimKelly12

Why trade shady? A rb is likely to get hurt sometime this season and he will surely be needed. Then people will be saying that we should have kept him. Also, I don’t see how gore is an absolute lock to make this roster, 36yrs old. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

People are hating on the Raiders but they had a pretty good draft and a pretty good off-season overall imo.  They took Ferrell a bit early but he was likely a top 15-20 pick so it wasn't the biggest reach.  Plus he fits the 4-3 scheme they want to run and could very well end up being a top tier pass rusher.

Carr throwing to Brown and Williams. Handing off to Jacobs. I would take that.

Defense is more of a question mark but they brought in the draft picks Ferrell and Abrams, not to mention Mullen. Signed Burflict, Marshall and Joyner. Going to be better than last year.

Shady, IMHO, has absolutely zero trade value.  He is a31 year old back, with a high cap number and his last year's production was awful.  Any GM who actually trades anything of value for him would be crazy.  The best possibility is a late round pick (6th ro 7th), if, and only if, Shady agrees to cut his salary at least in half.  

1 hour ago, mannc said:

Wow, it's amazing how delusional Bills fans are.  A second or a third round pick for a 31-year old RB who averaged about 3.0 YPC last year and is on a bad contract.  Ok....

Conditional 6th, at best

I think after we get a 2nd from the Raiders, we should trade a conditional 6th for Julio and flip Shaq for Clowney.  

And in fairest, most sports fans are delusional.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

1 hour ago, BillsDiehard said:

Raiders have lost Isiah Crowell for the season...I'm thinking they'd be desperate to give up a 2nd or 3rd for Shady...

If they want to give up an 2nd or 3rd for a RB, I don’t think its for anyone on the Bills.

Maybe Fournette or Henry?  

19 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I think after we get a 2nd from the Raiders, we should trade a conditional 6th for Julio and flip Shaq for Clowney.  

And in fairest, most sports fans are delusional.

I’ve  been deluding myself into buying Sunday ticket for two almost decades 

• Haha (+1) 2

58 minutes ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

Yep. I had Ferrell as a nice solid pick at 9. I'm still shocked we stood our ground and still landed Oliver so Im happy.

Man, I thought these silly pointless threads would die down some after the draft. 

Oakland probably doesn’t even have enough money to pay Shadys contract this year. 

On top of the fact there’s a million other/better options for them like Doug Martin if they want an older washed up vet. 

Oh yeah they drafted a stud running back too. Sure they’ll definitely give a 2 for McCoy 

• Like (+1) 1

Do people pay attention before posting this stuff?  They just drafted the top RB prospect in the draft in the first round.  There are free agents available still too, like Ivory who was arguably better than McCoy last year.  

There is almost no chance Raiders are trading for someone like Shady, and there is a zero percent chance Shady could fetch a 2nd/3rd round pick in any trade.  Not even Al Davis or Dan Snyder would make that dumb trade.  

McCoy very much could have a bounce back year, but at his age, contract size, and with how bad his last was, he has minimal trade value.  

He will almost certainly be a Bill in 2019 unless he has a bad camp and preseason.