“Tailgate Village”: New tailgating policy at New Era for bus/limo lot

...we had a corporate suite for 20 years and brought people from Roch-Cha-Cha on limo bus for all home games.......quietly did a pre-game tailgate cookout in the bus/limo lot which seemed relatively tame.....just a speculative hunch that the national media circus about table diving was NOT the image President Kim wants to portray...so now we're in "image cleanup mode" starting with this lot.......

After a few days to think on this, and speaking to someone who has used this for games down south (very useful when travelling to a game), im willing to give it a try.  The folding red wagon things is a good idea

Edited by May Day 10

I was just looking at some info...for a group up to 50 people, you get a 20' x 20' tent, three 6' tables, and 15 chairs.  If it is pouring rain, and assuming the tables and chairs will be under the tent, where the heck are you putting 50 people?

Hey for $15 bucks a head, don't expect to stay dry.  LOL 

2 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

I was just looking at some info...for a group up to 50 people, you get a 20' x 20' tent, three 6' tables, and 15 chairs.  If it is pouring rain, and assuming the tables and chairs will be under the tent, where the heck are you putting 50 people?

Well you could go ON the bus.  They are saying they will not allow tailgating around bus but on it?  No room for tables to jump on it.

On 5/4/2019 at 1:09 PM, LabattBlue said:

If the tents are like the ones in the picture on their homepage you should be able to fit a good sized group under one.  These aren't popup canopies from Dick's https://tailgateguys.com/home

14 minutes ago, driddles said:

If the tents are like the ones in the picture on their homepage you should be able to fit a good sized group under one.  These aren't popup canopies from Dick's https://tailgateguys.com/home

Their client base is pretty impressive IMO. I just clicked the link and they deal with some big time football programs in college and the NFL. 

On ‎5‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 2:36 PM, mbossman2 said:

As an out of towner and with clients in midwest NFL cities, I can see why the Bills want to do this.  The Bills fan base (right or wrong) is viewed as nothing but a bunch of out of control drunken idiots who get laughed at by people who see them on youtube.  

You have to take the Bills homer glasses off and see how other people see you to truly understand why the Bills want to do this.

Who cares what the rest of the league thinks of us?    I think it is pretty dam funny that we jump thru & body slam girls on tables & light each other on fire.  It is a great tradition if you ask me.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

On 5/4/2019 at 11:59 AM, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...we had a corporate suite for 20 years and brought people from Roch-Cha-Cha on limo bus for all home games.......quietly did a pre-game tailgate cookout in the bus/limo lot which seemed relatively tame.....just a speculative hunch that the national media circus about table diving was NOT the image President Kim wants to portray...so now we're in "image cleanup mode" starting with this lot.......

Just another example of people who take things a little too far ruining it for everyone. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Gordio said:

Who cares what the rest of the league thinks of us?    I think it is pretty dam funny that we jump thru & body slam girls on tables & light each other on fire.  It is a great tradition if you ask me.  

It has nothing to do with perception as it does with the liabilities and the fact that morons always escalate it to the next level of stupidity.

I called this a few years ago and told anyone who would listen that this was going to get shut down and it would be done in a way that will infringe upon other acceptable tailgating festivities

But make sure you double down in the idiocy... Darwin is waiting for you

1 hour ago, ddaryl said:

It has nothing to do with perception as it does with the liabilities and the fact that morons always escalate it to the next level of stupidity.

I called this a few years ago and told anyone who would listen that this was going to get shut down and it would be done in a way that will infringe upon other acceptable tailgating festivities

Hey I didn't say I did it.  I tailgate every year in the preferred lot; lot 5 & our tailgates are pretty tame.  So don't lump me in with these clowns.  I do think it is funny & the only ones they are really hurting are themselves.  If the Bills don't like it maybe they should of put an end to it a few years ago & have security monitor the lots & kick the people out that they spot doing this.  I mean it is not hard to spot but instead let's ruin all the fun for everybody, that is an easier way to clean it up I guess.   

Edited by Gordio
  • Like (+1) 3

5 hours ago, ddaryl said:

The problem with Darwin he is too inefficient. Most get only get bronze award and tax payers end up paying difference.  More gold awards!

7 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Where is this mythical land of free parking?

Oh, you pay to park like anyone else. The point was you don't have to tailgate at the $15 dollar tailgate village. It's an option.

4 hours ago, Gordio said:

Hey I didn't say I did it.  I tailgate every year in the preferred lot; lot 5 & our tailgates are pretty tame.  So don't lump me in with these clowns.  I do think it is funny & the only ones they are really hurting are themselves.  If the Bills don't like it maybe they should of put an end to it a few years ago & have security monitor the lots & kick the people out that they spot doing this.  I mean it is not hard to spot but instead let's ruin all the fun for everybody, that is an easier way to clean it up I guess.   

The unfortunate thing is those who carry on the over the top antics are likely the first ones to sue the team if they get hurt in their parking lot