“Tailgate Village”: New tailgating policy at New Era for bus/limo lot

57 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

arghh, you pulled me back in!!!! 

I saw this in a bar yesterday during LeBartards show..and it so pissed me off.

#1) That is not even in Buffalo, its in Jacksonville

#2) they framed the discussion it seemed to me( again no sound on) like Bills were making tailgating more expensive cause the poor knuckle-dragging populace in Buffalo all make minimum wage and therefore would not be able to afford $15.

#3) they ran a loop like 3 knucklehead tailgaters jumping into lit tables....it was just plain stupid

That really is my Son and yes, it was at the playoff game in Jacksonville. 

We’re always gonna be the brunt of jokes nationally. At least the crazy fans ‘thing’ is humorous to us too..

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, 17years&waiting said:

It will be interesting to see how busy the bus/rv lot is going to be this season.  Do people accept the increased cost/forced tailgate, or do they relocate to non-stadium lots?  I'm sure it's a combination of: opportunity to make more money, decrease liability, and test waters for downtown stadium.

Notice that in the Q&A with WGR, the Bills rep noted the many pre-game venues that the Bills have in and around the stadium.  Adding (forcing) another "sanitized" option is another test balloon for how well a downtown stadium works.  If the Bills can continue to sanitize the game-day experience and funnel it to team-owned or sponsored events, then it just prepares fans for the eventual downtown stadium move.  It will go something like this: "It's ok if there are no places downtown to tailgate, fans have been enjoying the "Tailgate Village" and "Miller Lite Fun Zone" for the past 5 seasons without any issues."  Never mind that it was forced on people with no choice.  

Ultimately, from some of the interviews I've seen with both Pegulas, I don't think they particularly enjoy the tailgating or the reputation the fans have.  That's just my opinion, but it certainly seems that way.  I think they'd be more than happy to curtail the shenanigans, and I'm sure the league is pushing very hard for them to monetize anything and everything. 

The Bills rep is Andy Major. I remember him saying interview after interview for years all the tailgating incidents were on property the Bills do not control, private lots. I even called him out while he was doing a TV interview. Now he admits there are problems in the stadium lots. I don't trust a word he sez. 

1 hour ago, simpleman said:

About a better fan experience... bull.... Just be honest for once. It is "All About The Benjamins" for the Pegulas pure and simple!

As it should be.  That is the point of running a business making mony

15 minutes ago, Hammered a Lot said:

Sure, just what I want. More LOAD on my facilities which I provide for My Customer. I guess I'll have to issue wristbands to my parkers and charge All walkins a fee to be on the property.

See, I'm trying to UP your revenue - Lunch and a Show @ Hammer's $13 (gotta undercut the Bills just enough) with the TaigateBros.org.  

I'll cook the white hots, Kenny and crew have the show covered - all you'll have to do is drop the occasional hammer on the unruly...

12 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I think a substantial number of Bills fans would like to see the edge taken off the shenanigans and the fan's reputation.  I don't think the Pegulas would enjoy laying out a huge insurance settlement for a paraplegic or quadraplegic who jumped off a bus and landed wrong on a table.  I think we all enjoy the reputation of being passionate die-hard fans who have stuck with the team through a long drought, but I don't think I'm the only one who finds it uncomfortable that Bills Fan has become synonymous with stupid-drunk self-immolating table-smasher in some circle.

Why would the Pegulas be liable? Did they tell the fan to jump off the bus? Is the fan not responsible for his own actions?

2 minutes ago, Heitz said:

See, I'm trying to UP your revenue - Lunch and a Show @ Hammer's $13 (gotta undercut the Bills just enough) with the TaigateBros.org.  

I'll cook the white hots, Kenny and crew have the show covered - all you'll have to do is drop the occasional hammer on the unruly...

And people wonder why I am the way I am game days. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Hammered a Lot said:

Why would the Pegulas be liable? Did they tell the fan to jump off the bus? Is the fan not responsible for his own actions?

That was discussed pages ago. I think that it’s important that you read it because you share the same risk. Long story, short, if someone were to be injured in this situation they would 100% be liable. They’d be sued and try to settle.  

4 minutes ago, Hammered a Lot said:

Why would Disney be liable when a child goes into the water and get ate by a gator.  But guess what they were

5 minutes ago, Hammered a Lot said:

Bills just like private lot owners

gave the opportunity for that to happen, so if something happens in the lot and they are sued the insurance would absolutely pay out.  I suggest you talk to a lawyer and you insurance company seeing you have a lot

25 minutes ago, Hammered a Lot said:

Which is why I've been suggesting we tailgate in the Lot during the OFF season!  What's the Memorial Day rate? ? :beer:

Edited by Heitz
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Hammered a Lot said:

'Cuz love it or hate it, that's the way the legal system has evolved in this country.  It Is What It Is.

I could say more but it would be veering away from football so best elsewhere.

Bottom line, we two may agree that the fan should be responsible for his own actions, but the system Is What It Is

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

'Cuz love it or hate it, that's the way the legal system has evolved in this country.

I know some one who is a insurance consultant, does not sell but advises on what insurance to buy. Covered my butt awhile ago besides the way Hammers Lot is registered as a business. 

48 minutes ago, Hammered a Lot said:

I know some one who is a insurance consultant, does not sell but advises on what insurance to buy. Covered my butt awhile ago besides the way Hammers Lot is registered as a business. 

Then you get it, and you were just asking a rhetorical about why the Pegulas would be responsible

I may be dissing your net worth here, but at a hunch, the Pegulas may have deeper pockets for lawyers to target

1 hour ago, Hammered a Lot said:

Are you sure? Or are the Bills fudging the numbers? 

All I can tell you is they laid out the numbers at the fan advisory meeting last summer, and the decrease was dramatic. Having said that, it was only based in stadium I believe, not in the lots. And I have seen a dramatic change in the last 3 years

1 hour ago, Hammered a Lot said:

The Bills rep is Andy Major. I remember him saying interview after interview for years all the tailgating incidents were on property the Bills do not control, private lots. I even called him out while he was doing a TV interview. Now he admits there are problems in the stadium lots. I don't trust a word he sez. 

Hey!!! There is to be no disparaging of a fellow alum of the great, the awesome,  Slippery Rock University of Pennsylvania!!!!!!!!

Here is what I think the Bills should do. They should script a WWE type performance to open the new tailgate section and have someone Vince McMahon like come in a suit and say: “Today Billsmafia is officially DEAD!” To a huge chorus of boos. Then proceed to say “This will be the very first step in building a nice quiet forgettable dome that will be so expensive it will keep all the riff raff like you out!” The boos will grow more and more intense. He will then say “Our dome will be so respectful and quiet it will make Indianapolis look like the Thunder Dome...” Just then he cut off as the BillsMafia come running down to the stage in a beer truck and start spraying him Stone Cold Steve Austin style. They set. up three tables on top of one and other and then set it on fire. Then they power bomb him through all three. The crowd goes insane and begin to tear down the fences around the designated tailgate area as the party becomes more insane than it has ever been and spills into all sections of Orchard Park. People start setting off fireworks and firing shot guns into the air. While the corporate Bills official shakes his fist in pure and anger and vows revenge.

• Haha (+1) 4

I believe the Bills had this planned  before last season. I don't remember reading about any arrests/actions from the Bus Lot in a newspaper or seeing anything on tv. From what I understand if security saw you do something wrong they would not act at the time of the incident. A plain clothes security guard would follow you to the ticket gate, your ticket scanned and then you were asked to leave the property. 

I do know a lot about insurance. I have learned from my daughter who is an underwriter for large businesses.  

People are looking for big pay days.  Always some lawyers out there willing to bring a lawsuit against someone.  

Lot of the cr ap that happens today is driven by social media.  

THE LOOK AT ME attitude 

i am not a fan of the term BILLS MAFIA 

I am a Bills fan.  

Bus people will get used to it.  

On 5/3/2019 at 12:59 PM, Hammered a Lot said:

Sure, just what I want. More LOAD on my facilities which I provide for My Customer. I guess I'll have to issue wristbands to my parkers and charge All walkins a fee to be on the property.

Most of the bus tailgaters are too loaded to find Hammer's Lot.

• Haha (+1) 2