“Tailgate Village”: New tailgating policy at New Era for bus/limo lot

53 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Pretty Clear

https://www.buffalobills.com/stadium/parking

"Please note: Tailgating Limousines must have a vehicle capacity of 11 passengers or fewer. Passengers in vehicles with a capacity of 12 or greater will not be permitted to tailgate or loiter at or near their vehicle and may only tailgate within the Tailgate Village powered by Tailgate Guys. See Bus & Limo Lot for more information."

Bus & Limo Parking Lot

The Buffalo Bills are proud to promote a safe and fun tailgating atmosphere for Bus & Limo passengers in Tailgate Village powered by Tailgate Guys within the Bus & Limo Lot. The Tailgate Village is the exclusive area for fans to responsibly tailgate in the Bus & Limo Lot prior to Bills home games. There is no tailgating or loitering permitted next to or around parked buses or limo buses.

So get a limo with a seating capacity of 11 or less and you can tailgate away just like normal in the bus and limo lot.

Wow.  So park the bus, get out and vacate the bus lot ASAP.  Certainly sounds like tailgate village is being rammed down the throats if taking a bus that parks in the stadium bus lot. 

Edited by LabattBlue
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, BillsfanAZ said:

Maybe I am getting old but I prefer sitting in a lawn chair watching other NFL games while drinking beer  before going into the game. 

Hard to do for Bills since they are early game but drink enough beers and you probably cannot tell difference.

• Haha (+1) 1

It will be interesting to see how busy the bus/rv lot is going to be this season.  Do people accept the increased cost/forced tailgate, or do they relocate to non-stadium lots?  I'm sure it's a combination of: opportunity to make more money, decrease liability, and test waters for downtown stadium.

Notice that in the Q&A with WGR, the Bills rep noted the many pre-game venues that the Bills have in and around the stadium.  Adding (forcing) another "sanitized" option is another test balloon for how well a downtown stadium works.  If the Bills can continue to sanitize the game-day experience and funnel it to team-owned or sponsored events, then it just prepares fans for the eventual downtown stadium move.  It will go something like this: "It's ok if there are no places downtown to tailgate, fans have been enjoying the "Tailgate Village" and "Miller Lite Fun Zone" for the past 5 seasons without any issues."  Never mind that it was forced on people with no choice.  

Ultimately, from some of the interviews I've seen with both Pegulas, I don't think they particularly enjoy the tailgating or the reputation the fans have.  That's just my opinion, but it certainly seems that way.  I think they'd be more than happy to curtail the shenanigans, and I'm sure the league is pushing very hard for them to monetize anything and everything. 

1 hour ago, 17years&waiting said:

I think they'd be more than happy to curtail the shenanigans, and I'm sure the league is pushing very hard for them to monetize anything and everything. 

They should just give players ability to bid for player numbers if they want to do that.

And the league pulls enough shenanigans that they should be careful what they curtail.  They already have an owner in trouble and I am sure how they allow him to skirt the punishment will be brought up by players when they want to punish them for their shenanigans.

2 hours ago, 17years&waiting said:

It will be interesting to see how busy the bus/rv lot is going to be this season.  Do people accept the increased cost/forced tailgate, or do they relocate to non-stadium lots?  I'm sure it's a combination of: opportunity to make more money, decrease liability, and test waters for downtown stadium.

Notice that in the Q&A with WGR, the Bills rep noted the many pre-game venues that the Bills have in and around the stadium.  Adding (forcing) another "sanitized" option is another test balloon for how well a downtown stadium works.  If the Bills can continue to sanitize the game-day experience and funnel it to team-owned or sponsored events, then it just prepares fans for the eventual downtown stadium move.  It will go something like this: "It's ok if there are no places downtown to tailgate, fans have been enjoying the "Tailgate Village" and "Miller Lite Fun Zone" for the past 5 seasons without any issues."  Never mind that it was forced on people with no choice.  

Ultimately, from some of the interviews I've seen with both Pegulas, I don't think they particularly enjoy the tailgating or the reputation the fans have.  That's just my opinion, but it certainly seems that way.  I think they'd be more than happy to curtail the shenanigans, and I'm sure the league is pushing very hard for them to monetize anything and everything. 

When St Louis had a football team, it had a downtown stadium and a substantial tailgate situation.  I can't tell you how it compared to B'lo, but our neighbor T was "Tailgate Terry".  Would fill up his large SUV, set up canopies, haul out his grill, lay out a spread, etc.  He was one of many.  There were private lots all around the stadium that allowed tailgating, so whatever the Rams did or did not want was pretty much a moot point.  Unless there is literally no private land within a reasonable walk of a new stadium, tailgating will occur whether or not the Bills want it at a new stadium.

I think a substantial number of Bills fans would like to see the edge taken off the shenanigans and the fan's reputation.  I don't think the Pegulas would enjoy laying out a huge insurance settlement for a paraplegic or quadraplegic who jumped off a bus and landed wrong on a table.  I think we all enjoy the reputation of being passionate die-hard fans who have stuck with the team through a long drought, but I don't think I'm the only one who finds it uncomfortable that Bills Fan has become synonymous with stupid-drunk self-immolating table-smasher in some circle.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Wsam4031 said:

so if i have a sign posted beware of dog and u jump my fence to my backyard and the dog attacks you its my fault because signs don't release liability

If I jump the fence into your backyard I am trespassing on your property - breaking the law.

A better analogy would be if you invite me into your backyard as a guest.  You have a sign posted "beware of dog" and you have the dog inside the house, but you are aware that the dog hates guests and may attack them (he's done it before) and is able to open the door to the house and get out (ask me about my door-opening dog). 

Your "beware of dog" sign does not protect you from liability if your dog gets out of the house and bites me, an invited guest.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Chandler#81 said:

My Son. #ProudParentMoment

Crashing through a table, leaping off a Port-A-Potty. What’s Not to love about this?

A2953DE1-80C1-4282-AD38-278622ECB200.jpeg

arghh, you pulled me back in!!!! 

I saw this in a bar yesterday during LeBartards show..and it so pissed me off.

#1) That is not even in Buffalo, its in Jacksonville

#2) they framed the discussion it seemed to me( again no sound on) like Bills were making tailgating more expensive cause the poor knuckle-dragging populace in Buffalo all make minimum wage and therefore would not be able to afford $15.

#3) they ran a loop like 3 knucklehead tailgaters jumping into lit tables....it was just plain stupid

• Awesome! (+1) 1

17 hours ago, May Day 10 said:

Something tells me that at 11:55 AM, it is going to very difficult to find available people who are tasked with carrying all your stuff back to the bus.

Valet Tailgating?!?!? That would be very cheap at $15. 

16 hours ago, Heitz said:

And, BTW, they're forcing people that take buses and limos that park in the bus/limo lot THAT WANT TO TAILGATE to pay the $15.  If you don't want to tailgate, you don't need to pay the $15.   Of course, you also need to question your life as to why you're at a Bills game and NOT tailgating, but that's on you...

From the Q&A link a few pages ago.

Q: So... boil it down for me in the bus lot. If you’re coming on a bus, you now have two options?  

A: If you’re not tailgating, nothing really changes from last year… you need to purchase your permit in advance. It’s still $100, but there’s no redeposit required.

The tailgating option is really dependent on the capacity/size of the vehicle. The costs really break down to $15 per-person, regardless the size of your group. Those rates can be seen at tailgateguys.com

Third option: You can still find a spot to tailgate for $0. This Tailgate Village spot for $15 is an option not a requirement. You just can't tailgate in the bus lot.

Edited by Dopey

17 hours ago, Heitz said:

Drinking hidden coat beers?

Or, Just hop off the bus, walk yourself over to Hammer's and there you'll see the real definition of "tailgate" ??

Sure, just what I want. More LOAD on my facilities which I provide for My Customer. I guess I'll have to issue wristbands to my parkers and charge All walkins a fee to be on the property.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1