“Tailgate Village”: New tailgating policy at New Era for bus/limo lot

1 minute ago, May Day 10 said:

Something tells me that at 11:55 AM, it is going to very difficult to find available people who are tasked with carrying all your stuff back to the bus.

Then Red Wagon yourself. Not hard put everything left in the wagon. Wheels roll very easy on pavement. Pack up your stuff in that wagon and wheel away. TailgateGuys are responsible for cleaning up the site. As reported. 

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

...not exactly, they are forcing people that take buses and limos THAT PARK IN THE BUS/LIMO lot to do it. There are other avenues for buses and limos. My buddies have a bus and park in the grass lot.

does anyone know if ECC takes busses ?

The talk about limiting liability is just proving my point that this was a FINANCIAL decision. How can we reduce exposure while also turning the solution into a revenue driver? Tailgate village.

Sound business decision? Yes.

I am pushing back on those of you applauding the Bills for their strong stance on combating over intoxication and table breaking culture. If that was actually the goal the solution would look different. They don’t get their backs patted for fan experience. That take is too homerish to me.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

...not exactly, they are forcing people that take buses and limos THAT PARK IN THE BUS/LIMO lot to do it. There are other avenues for buses and limos. My buddies have a bus and park in the grass lot.

By forcing i mean if i want to go to the game like i have 50 times before on a bus in the lot i now HAVE to spend more money if i want to do it the way we've been doing it for years.

Edited by Wsam4031

1 minute ago, Wsam4031 said:

By forcing i mean if i want to go to the game like i have 50 times before on a bus in the lot i now HAVE to spend more money if i want to do it the way we've been doing it for years.

Not called forcing. That is called evolution of Business. 

Forcing means in in order to attend a Game this is the ONLY way to attend the game 

Edited by MAJBobby

Just now, Wsam4031 said:

ok man obviously not gonna agree on anything 2 different views.

When Gas increases is that Forcing you? 

What occurred is One option for Tailgating in One lot changed. That is what happened. They are not FORCING anything. 

Just now, MAJBobby said:

When Gas increases is that Forcing you? 

What occurred is One option for Tailgating in One lot changed. That is what happened. They are not FORCING anything. 

Andy Major???

11 minutes ago, Wsam4031 said:

does anyone know if ECC takes busses ?

I’m not sure, but would think that more may start.

9 minutes ago, Wsam4031 said:

They force you to spending more on your tickets, your parking, beers, etc... It’s an evolution.

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

We used to tailgate there in the good ol days may have ot go back and try. Sucks to break our tradition. that's what really sucks

3 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

They force you to spending more on your tickets, your parking, beers, etc... It’s an evolution.

Maybe i just see it differently because that's where we always park.

49 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

And, BTW, they're forcing people that take buses and limos that park in the bus/limo lot THAT WANT TO TAILGATE to pay the $15.  If you don't want to tailgate, you don't need to pay the $15.   Of course, you also need to question your life as to why you're at a Bills game and NOT tailgating, but that's on you...

From the Q&A link a few pages ago.

Q: So... boil it down for me in the bus lot. If you’re coming on a bus, you now have two options?  

A: If you’re not tailgating, nothing really changes from last year… you need to purchase your permit in advance. It’s still $100, but there’s no redeposit required.

The tailgating option is really dependent on the capacity/size of the vehicle. The costs really break down to $15 per-person, regardless the size of your group. Those rates can be seen at tailgateguys.com

4 minutes ago, Heitz said:

And, BTW, they're forcing people that take buses and limos that park in the bus/limo lot THAT WANT TO TAILGATE to pay the $15.  If you don't want to tailgate, you don't need to pay the $15.   Of course, you also need to question your life as to why you're at a Bills game and NOT tailgating, but that's on you...

From the Q&A link a few pages ago.

Q: So... boil it down for me in the bus lot. If you’re coming on a bus, you now have two options?  

A: If you’re not tailgating, nothing really changes from last year… you need to purchase your permit in advance. It’s still $100, but there’s no redeposit required.

The tailgating option is really dependent on the capacity/size of the vehicle. The costs really break down to $15 per-person, regardless the size of your group. Those rates can be seen at tailgateguys.com

So they are not forcing, they are saying the price to Tailgate in that lot is $15 per head.  If you want to tailgate you pay that.  Just like if you want to buy an iPhone you pay the 1000 to do that.

Forcing (might be) even though you are not going to tailgate you have to pay the extra $15 dollars a head to use this lot, an oo by the way there are no other options around.  (Even that though is not really forcing, because you can still make a decision.)

Edited by MAJBobby

4 minutes ago, May Day 10 said:

Did anyone actually use "Tailgate Guys" last year?

Used them at UCF games last year

Had a nice set up.  tent Tables, Chairs, Full media two TVs .  Ice and coolers, brought my own Grill, food and beer.  

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

I'm still looking for their definition of "tailgate"?  What can I get away with if my bus parks in the stadium lot, but my group chooses to not partake in tailgate village?

Drinking hidden coat beers?

Or, Just hop off the bus, walk yourself over to Hammer's and there you'll see the real definition of "tailgate" ??

Edited by Heitz
  • Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

I'm still looking for their definition of "tailgate"?  What can I get away with if my bus parks in the stadium lot, but my group chooses to not partake in tailgate village?

Pretty Clear

https://www.buffalobills.com/stadium/parking

"Please note: Tailgating Limousines must have a vehicle capacity of 11 passengers or fewer. Passengers in vehicles with a capacity of 12 or greater will not be permitted to tailgate or loiter at or near their vehicle and may only tailgate within the Tailgate Village powered by Tailgate Guys. See Bus & Limo Lot for more information."

Bus & Limo Parking Lot

The Buffalo Bills are proud to promote a safe and fun tailgating atmosphere for Bus & Limo passengers in Tailgate Village powered by Tailgate Guys within the Bus & Limo Lot. The Tailgate Village is the exclusive area for fans to responsibly tailgate in the Bus & Limo Lot prior to Bills home games. There is no tailgating or loitering permitted next to or around parked buses or limo buses.

So get a limo with a seating capacity of 11 or less and you can tailgate away just like normal in the bus and limo lot.

Edited by MAJBobby

1 hour ago, Rockpile233 said:

The talk about limiting liability is just proving my point that this was a FINANCIAL decision. How can we reduce exposure while also turning the solution into a revenue driver? Tailgate village.

Sound business decision? Yes.

I am pushing back on those of you applauding the Bills for their strong stance on combating over intoxication and table breaking culture. If that was actually the goal the solution would look different. They don’t get their backs patted for fan experience. That take is too homerish to me.

You are correct.....it is a financial decision in both creating revenue and avoiding paying lawsuits. If you were the Bills and bus/limo companies were making money off of  your product and on your property.....wouldnt you do something to capture some of that revenue? I wonder how many law suits have been filed against the Bills and either settled or dismissed for parking lot injuries. This is probably a step in fighting any future law suits in that the Bills have provided a tail gate area that is "safe".  Separating people from their bus gives them no reason to be jumping off the bus. Also the bus can act as a barrier so that Police cannot view what is going on. I am sure the NFL has had some influence into the Bills getting it cleaned up.