“Tailgate Village”: New tailgating policy at New Era for bus/limo lot

3 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I am getting the feeling that the only ones that are really upset with this are the knuckleheads that are out there doing the idiotic stuff 

That is where I am closing in on. I am a little nervous that if this is successful they make a few lots have area's like this. 

3 minutes ago, corta765 said:

That is where I am closing in on. I am a little nervous that if this is successful they make a few lots have area's like this. 

They might, don't think so though, I wonder how much TailGate Guys paid to have this contract?  But at the end of the day it could be a cool experience, I have been to college games that are set up like this all around it was nice, to go in pay a price and have access to a "Ready-made" tailgate, specially when I was flying into somewhere to watch a game.

And at the end of the day you can take your own food and drinks into this location, have help setting up and tear down and cleanup makes it easy.  

Lots of other stadiums I have been to have a team sponsored tail gate area. I have been to many Cardinals games and they have a tail gate area. They have a huge shaded area with lounges, seats, TVs, ect. They also have a large lawn area they have bands play.  I dont remember seeing a specific area for buses to park and party. They have an RV lot but it is more mellow tailgaiting.  I remember going to a Bills home game when Bruce came back with the Redskins. After the game we were dodging beer bottles being thrown across the parking lot. I usually go to a Bills game a season and I have had no problems recently but I can definately see some tail gate groups drinking to excess. Maybe I am getting old but I prefer sitting in a lawn chair watching other NFL games while drinking beer  before going into the game. 

On 5/1/2019 at 12:14 PM, TroutDog said:

Perhaps starting the process of indoctrinating us into a new tailgate experience at a new venue?

It’s odd, as I only see the occasional hammered person. We park near the Field House and never have problems. 

Precisely. Trying to wean us off of fun.

So if you are on a bus and don’t want to go to “tailgate village” what are you allowed to do? Can you put a couple coolers of beer in front of the bus?   A few pizzas?  What exactly can you do without being held hostage in the village?

1 minute ago, LabattBlue said:

So if you are on a bus and don’t want to go to “tailgate village” what are you allowed to do? Can you put a couple coolers of beer in front of the bus?   A few pizzas?  What exactly can you do without being held hostage in the village?

Bring it on over to “Tailgate ShantyTown”.  Thinking we’ll set up at the McKinley Mall, we’ll offer catering by “Olive Garden Tailgate Dudes Inc.”

• Haha (+1) 1

21 hours ago, wiseman3 said:

To be honest, I have only once jumped through a table. But it was before the Snowvertime game against Indy so I think I get a pass. Even Santa jumped through our table that day. We weren't super drunk or being #######s, just having some fun!

And this is my point too. Who cares if people jump through a table. People wanna go and have fun their own way. Its not breaking the law. Not sure when all these people became such prudes. I'm 40 and hardly gonna jump through a table but if the 20 year old next to me wants to who am i to tell him how to have his fun. Its simply amazing to me that people can sit here and object to people having fun.

21 hours ago, cd1 said:

WRONG!

Insurance and LAWSUITS are the problem. 

IF the Pegula's, the stadium/Erie County do not make a firm stand and prohibit such nonsense, they leave themselves wide open to lawsuits.

Actually this is not correct. If they don't repave an area of the parking lot and someone trips and breaks a leg they can be held liable. Someone choosing to jump through a table they wouldn't be liable for. No insurance company is going to pay that claim. I work for one i know. We have this saying with all the people who sit around me " we don't pay stupid"

4 minutes ago, Wsam4031 said:

And this is my point too. Who cares if people jump through a table. People wanna go and have fun their own way. Its not breaking the law. Not sure when all these people became such prudes. I'm 40 and hardly gonna jump through a table but if the 20 year old next to me wants to who am i to tell him how to have his fun. Its simply amazing to me that people can sit here and object to people having fun.

The Bills, The Owners of the lots who end up having to carry insurance so IDIOTs can jump through tables and drink to MUCH.  You want to Jump though tables and drink to much STAY Home.  Don't do it on someone else's insurance that will get sued when you hurt yourself.

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, May Day 10 said:

So more people will drive to the game, instead of paying the $600 "tax", overpaying for an unnecessary service nobody wants

Hahah yup just said that DWI's will be on the rise

Just now, MAJBobby said:

The Bills, The Owners of the lots who nd up having to carry insurance so IDIOTs can jump through tables and drink to MUCH.  You want to Jump though tables and drink to much STAY Home.  Don't do it on someone else's insurance that will get sued when you hurt yourself.

Not correct. They are all worried about being sued. They would never pay a dime

4 minutes ago, Wsam4031 said:

Show me that.  Show me how their insurance on these lots have not gone up at all since all the viral idiot videos.  The Property Owner ABSOLUTELY can get sued.  So they are doing what apparently these idiots cannot do themselves and forcing them to act like adults.

Good Job Bills, if your fans don't want to GROW UP force them too.

Edited by MAJBobby

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Show me that.  Show me how their insurance on these lots have not gone up at all since all the viral idiot videos.

Good Job Bills, if your fans don't want to GROW UP force them too.

Of course they have gone up. Insurance companies will raise rates any chance they get. Doesn't mean they would pay for someone being stupid. I work for one and I'm telling you that would be denied in a second. if you don't like the videos then don't watch em. Nobody forcing you to watch. Personally i think they are funny and love the fact we are recognized nationally for our tailgating. Am I one to pass out drunk at a game and puke, nope. Do i jump through tables, nope. Was i sitting in the end zone 20 some years ago when people were throwing beer bottle and batteries at Bryan Cox when he walked off the field, sure was. Same stuff going on people acting like idiots. The only reason people care more now what happens is its broadcast on everything. So if some 20 year old kid wants to jump through a table while screaming lets go Buffalo am i gonna judge how he is having fun I'm sure not, just gonna sit back and laugh and enjoy tailgating my own way

28 minutes ago, Wsam4031 said:

I’m in commercial insurance (and we write an NFL team out of our office and 8 in the US) and @MAJBobby is 100% right that will happen. That is the entire reason that the Bills are curtailing it. You can still jump through tables in private lots I guess. The Bills do not want to be held accountable for a death or worse (in the insurance world) a paralyzation. 

16 minutes ago, Wsam4031 said:

Of course they have gone up. Insurance companies will raise rates any chance they get. Doesn't mean they would pay for someone being stupid. I work for one and I'm telling you that would be denied in a second. if you don't like the videos then don't watch em. Nobody forcing you to watch. Personally i think they are funny and love the fact we are recognized nationally for our tailgating. Am I one to pass out drunk at a game and puke, nope. Do i jump through tables, nope. Was i sitting in the end zone 20 some years ago when people were throwing beer bottle and batteries at Bryan Cox when he walked off the field, sure was. Same stuff going on people acting like idiots. The only reason people care more now what happens is its broadcast on everything. So if some 20 year old kid wants to jump through a table while screaming lets go Buffalo am i gonna judge how he is having fun I'm sure not, just gonna sit back and laugh and enjoy tailgating my own way

Insurance rates are tied to the profitability of specific lines. They aren’t just random guesses, they are an equation based on the law of large numbers. 

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Wsam4031 said:

Well good NOW the IDIOTs can stay at home or grow up that simple.  BRAVO BILLS

Next step if Bills fans DO not want to grow up.  Say hello to raised ticket Prices, they will price that group out.

Edited by MAJBobby

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

I’m in commercial insurance and @MAJBobby is 100% right that will happen. That is the entire reason that the Bills are curtailing it. You can still jump through tables in private lots I guess. The Bills do not want to be held accountable for a death or worse (in the insurance world) a paralyzation. 

they cant be held liable unless there is shown negligence on their part. They have signs about jumping through tables they have security. They are hardly negligent on this. I would have to disagree with you and say they have no claim. Doesn't mean they wouldn't be sued, just saying they would never make a dime

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

Well good NOW the IDIOTs can stay at home or grow up that simple.  BRAVO BILLS

Next step if Bills fans DO not want to grow up.  Say hello to raised ticket Prices, they will price that group out.

guess we just got 2 different views on this

Just now, Wsam4031 said:

they cant be held liable unless there is shown negligence on their part. They have signs about jumping through tables they have security. They are hardly negligent on this. I would have to disagree with you and say they have no claim. Doesn't mean they wouldn't be sued, just saying they would never make a dime

Negligence on their part = not doing ANYTHING about it in their lots.  So guess what they did.  THEY DID SOMETHING about it.

There are dozens of private lots that will accommodate idiocy. This will have zero impact on reducing viral table videos. It only takes one every week. 

I see this as more pushing the idiots to private lots while soaking the responsibile groups. Hopefully people take advantage of bringing their own items, but it’s just enough of an inconvienience for them to push the catering. I love these offered services, but not when you’re forcing large groups into it. Should stand on its’ own merits.

I try to patronize the private lots anyway.

1 minute ago, Wsam4031 said:

guess we just got 2 different views on this

Other Franchises happy to be known for having legit franchises and winning.  Bills fans happy to be known as the Class Clowns, the Drunks and league laughable fan base.

Just now, Rockpile233 said:

There are dozens of private lots that will accommodate idiocy. This will have zero impact on reducing viral table videos. It only takes one every week. 

I see this as more pushing the idiots to private lots while soaking the responsibile groups. Hopefully people take advantage of bringing their own items, but it’s just enough of an inconvienience for them to push the catering. I love these offered services, but not when you’re forcing large groups into it. Should stand on its’ own merits.

I try to patronize the private lots anyway.

And soon those Private lots wont have it either, just takes on Lawsuit and then BOOM no tailgating whatso ever

5 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Other Franchises happy to be known for having legit franchises and winning.  Bills fans happy to be known as the Class Clowns, the Drunks and league laughable fan base.

And soon those Private lots wont have it either, just takes on Lawsuit and then BOOM no tailgating whatso ever

What is there to say? I think people who jump drunkenly through tables are stupid too, but I also am not trying to engineer the behavior of 70,000 people. “Forcing” people to grow up is a fools errand. Also who decides what that looks like? The Bills? HA

Edited by Rockpile233
  • Like (+1) 1