“Tailgate Village”: New tailgating policy at New Era for bus/limo lot

36 minutes ago, cd1 said:
4 hours ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Dude it was all over the news. 

The truth is as long as they arent hurting others then what they do is none of yours, the Pegulas or the governments business.

WRONG!

Insurance and LAWSUITS are the problem. 

IF the Pegula's, the stadium/Erie County do not make a firm stand and prohibit such nonsense, they leave themselves wide open to lawsuits.

10 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:
36 minutes ago, cd1 said:

WRONG!

Insurance and LAWSUITS are the problem. 

IF the Pegula's, the stadium/Erie County do not make a firm stand and prohibit such nonsense, they leave themselves wide open to lawsuits.

Ive already acknowledge that idiot.

There is no need for name calling!

Because of liability, it IS the Pegula's and Erie County's business.

Edited by cd1

4 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I wouldn’t count on the Buffalo Police to aid in any sort of crackdown on rowdy behavior on nearby property.

Have you seen Allen Street on any weekend night? Any University Heights houseparty? St. Patty’s Day/Fourth of July/any holiday with drinking and partying?

A move to Buffalo isn’t going to curb drunken behavior if that’s what people want to do.

Edited by eanyills

5 hours ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Dont forget the completely sober law enforcement beating the hell out of people.

Yeah. Beating sucks.

I like a good Tase. It's safe, effective and entertaining as hell for anyone there.

7 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

But how much does this new tailgate experiense cost?

Overpriced in my opinion.. $15 dollars per person, if the chartered vehicle is full. If you're in a half filled bus.. your cost goes up.

$8 to $10 bucks would been more reasonable.

(remember, private tailgating is unaffected by this policy)

• Haha (+1) 1

So for $15 a person you get tables, chairs, a tent, and the honor of having to drag all your tailgating needs from your bus to the tailgate village, and back to the bus after the tailgate, but before the game. 

But wait...don't bring your own food and beverage, for another additional charge, we will cater it for you...ISN'T THAT JUST AWESOME!!!!!

Edited by LabattBlue
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Seasons1992 said:

I waited a long time to get to this thread on page 2. This is exactly it. The people I see acting terribly and giving the tailgate experience a bad public view are all pretty young and not of the "winning" generation between 1988-2000. It's solely an event to get blasted and who gives a crap about the actual game. 

***Please note: I've met PLENTY of great, younger fans, at Hammer's Lot and elsewhere around the stadium in the past five years and of course there's always a few duds that ruin things for the rest of us. @LeviF91 you fit into the good group along with all of @plenzmd1 's myriad kids, adopted strangers, and vagabonds. @mead107 definitely needs to clean up his act, however.........?.***

Hmmmm. We should start a "Royal Rumble" thread about the 30 filthiest brawlers on TBD and who would win in the end........

speaking of the Hammer Lot, maybe @Hammered a Lot can start thinking of annexing the Bus/Limo lot.... hmmmm... ?

2 hours ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Problem is you think its just one or two people.  Western NYers are a crazy bunch.  We might care about how you feel but we dont care what you think and never will.

No, I thinks it is a bunch of you fools!  Keep looking like asses.  If you didn't care, you wouldn't have responded!  Hopefully Darwin takes over!

Edited by Dablitzkrieg
  • Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

@Like A Mofo

what is confusing about what i said? 

The Pre game tailgating has been a central point to Bills games for 40+ years

fathers have given their sons the love for the Bills and passed down generations of traditions tailgating 

And Ed Oliver specifically mentioned table smashing and Bills mafia as to why he is excited to play here... our fans are passionate 

it has nothing to do with boozing unless you make it that.. it has to do with PASSION for the Bills

You used to be able to bring a keg of beer into the stadium and full liters of whiskey.   Things are way lamer than they used to be.   No social media back then.   People just did it.   To find out that it happened you had to know someone who did it or saw it.   Otherwise nobody knew.    Now, everyone sticks their nose in everyone else's business.

The partying antics of today are way, lamer than they used to be.   Doing shots out of a chic's butcrack?  Who cares if he likes the taste of it - knock yourself out.  Some dude lights himself on fire.  No big deal.   Don't care.   It is only a big deal because of people thinking their opinion of everything matters and people sticking their nose where it doesn't belong.

• Like (+1) 3

7 hours ago, Logic said:

I've been around and around with fans on this board about this, but I'm not a big fan of the fact that when you mention Bills fans to people, the first thing that comes to mind is drunkards jumping through tables. I like the notion of the fan base being recognized for loyalty to the team, persistence through bad weather conditions, etc..The fact that, instead, people just immediately equate Bills fans with drunken and destructive behavior is, to me, an embarrassment. This is where everyone jumps in and says I'm a kill-joy, that people are entitled to enjoy themselves however they want, blah blah blah. That's fine. My position stands. The gameday experience for many has become more about over-indulgence and "look at me" shenanigans than about football. It's just not my scene. 

To each their own, but I'm not fan of that aspect of the #BillsMafia experience.

I don't mind being known as drunken fans.  I do mind being known as people who turn tailgating into a frat party and do really stupid, dangerous stuff that has little to do with the game.

I guess, for me, it would at least always need to be a body slam of an opponent fan via a Bills fan.  It needs to be Bills-themed.  The real problems, to me, are that whoever does it will have been drinking, and that the act is less a Bills tradition, and more a viral drunken stunt. 

I'm fine with stuff like drinking out of helmets or whatever other non-violent drinking games people come up with.  It's just that we've switched from the drinking town with a football problem (funny and understandable), to drunken degenerates that seem to have connected tailgating more to drunk-inspired activities than to football-inspired activities, during which we happen to drink heavily.

Edited by BringBackFlutie
  • Like (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

No, I thinks it is a bunch of you fools!  Keep looking like asses.  If you didn't care, you wouldn't have responded!  Hopefully Darwin takes over!

I can tell you one thing I wish I was smoking what you are.  That was some response.

BTW Darwins dead, Jesus Lives.

Edited by formerlyofCtown
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Logic said:

To each their own, but I'm not fan of that aspect of the #BillsMafia experience.

I don't know. I think it's kinda cool that we're known for something a little wild. I'd rather be known for jumping through tables than wearing a stupid hat that looks like cheese.

• Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, MacGyver said:

This "Tailgate Village" sounds like a social conditioning program to get fans ready for tailgating areas at the new downtown stadium. You won't be able to bring any of your own food or equipment, you must buy grill time and whatever BBQ provisions are sold in these areas.  

That would suck.

3 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

I don't know. I think it's kinda cool that we're known for something a little wild. I'd rather be known for jumping through tables than wearing a stupid hat that looks like cheese.

usatsi_10426221.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LabattBlue said:

So for $15 a person you get tables, chairs, a tent, and the honor of having to drag all your tailgating needs from your bus to the tailgate village, and back to the bus after the tailgate, but before the game. 

But wait...don't bring your own food and beverage, for another additional charge, we will cater it for you...ISN'T THAT JUST AWESOME!!!!!

I don't see this working out well at all. A lot of people coming on the buses are pretty juiced up when they get there.  They ain't paying $15 to "attend" this nonsense. And a bunch will be from out of town and are going to be in for a big surprise. Good luck enforcing this.