“Tailgate Village”: New tailgating policy at New Era for bus/limo lot

2 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Table diving, for better or worse, has become the icon of #BillsMafia. Wouldn't shock me to see a Simpsons episode where Homer dives a flaming table.

It is an icon for the losers and idiots that think it is cool to jump through a table.  Not the brightest Buffalo has to offer.  Hopefully the idiots weed themselves out quickly.

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

LOL   

You can have fun and not be ab A hole you know   

Hard Core fans can enjoy like (maybe sneak in a doobie or two)  

For all the "bad cop" talk at the start of this thread, I've seen the Sherrifs showing major restraint and discretion while policing the lots. Never had any problems while we've pulled off some ridiculous stuff. Including once having a group of us in a circle, passing a blunt, and not realizing a Cop wandered in and joined the circle until our buddy tried to pass it to him! He just laughed it off and said "no thanks, but try to do a better job hiding it". In talking to him later, he said they'd rather deal with stoned people than drunk people, so there was no reason to ruin the week for all of us.

• Like (+1) 4

4 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

For all the "bad cop" talk at the start of this thread, I've seen the Sherrifs showing major restraint and discretion while policing the lots. Never had any problems while we've pulled off some ridiculous stuff. Including once having a group of us in a circle, passing a blunt, and not realizing a Cop wandered in and joined the circle until our buddy tried to pass it to him! He just laughed it off and said "no thanks, but try to do a better job hiding it". In talking to him later, he said they'd rather deal with stoned people than drunk people, so there was no reason to ruin the week for all of us.

Most of the people I've tailgating with over the years smoke a lil something on gameday, and I wander down the street with open beers.  Sheriffs never say a word because *gasp* we don't act like tremendous d-bags.

• Like (+1) 4

3 hours ago, MacGyver said:

This "Tailgate Village" sounds like a social conditioning program to get fans ready for tailgating areas at the new downtown stadium. You won't be able to bring any of your own food or equipment, you must buy grill time and whatever BBQ provisions are sold in these areas.  

This is just the Bills trying to create a revenue stream where it doesn't currently exist.

Don't give something away if you can charge for it.

The airlines went down that path a long time ago; this is just more corporate greed bull####.

Just now, LeviF91 said:

Most of the people I've tailgating with over the years smoke a lil something on gameday, and I wander down the street with open beers.  Sheriffs never say a word because *gasp* we don't act like tremendous d-bags.

Except for when we're in Jacksonville, then we'll burn that F$#&ER down! :thumbsup:

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, DrDawkinstein said:

Except for when we're in Jacksonville, then we'll burn that F$#&ER down! :thumbsup:

Oh yeah ***** that place. 

Even then, I saw literally one guy try to fight some Jags fans that were next to us in lot X and they got shouted down by a bunch of Bills fans.  Then I got some snaps of a guy going through a table.  Good times.

18 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

It is an icon for the losers and idiots that think it is cool to jump through a table.  Not the brightest Buffalo has to offer.  Hopefully the idiots weed themselves out quickly.

This is kind of funny   ...  in 2018 playoff pre game Coach Cowher  jumped through a table in favor of the Bills V Jax ...

I saw that and knew we were doomed ....   

10 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

This is just the Bills trying to create a revenue stream where it doesn't currently exist.

Don't give something away if you can charge for it.

The airlines went down that path a long time ago; this is just more corporate greed bull####.

I thought tat at first but then I say it posted that offer a  (assume) 10 x 10 canopy (op up tent),  table and chairs .  $15 a person meh I'm cheap so it's a little much but fair 

Last game I went to I paid $50 to park and had to walk a mile w/o a place to sit and enjoy.  

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

2 hours ago, wiseman3 said:

If the new stadium doesn't have tailgating and the ability to byob and cook, then I'm out. Some of my best bills memories are from tailgating, just drinking and eating with my family and friends. I'm sure many would feel the same way

peace

To be honest, I have only once jumped through a table. But it was before the Snowvertime game against Indy so I think I get a pass. Even Santa jumped through our table that day. We weren't super drunk or being #######s, just having some fun!

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, wiseman3 said:

To be honest, I have only once jumped through a table. But it was before the Snowvertime game against Indy so I think I get a pass. Even Santa jumped through our table that day. We weren't super drunk or being #######s, just having some fun!

banned

Holy crap! The $$ they’re charging for this lame, ‘family friendly’ tailgate experience?? I know, they ‘had to do Something..’

Its cheaper for Mom & Dad to get shartfaced and throw the kiddies through a table!

Fuggetaboutit.

36 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

What about the fornicating? That’s #2 on Bills fans lore. Hasn’t been “weeded out” since the beginning of time.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Holy crap! The $$ they’re charging for this lame, ‘family friendly’ tailgate experience?? I know, they ‘had to do Something..’

Its cheaper for Mom & Dad to get shartfaced and throw the kiddies through a table!

Fuggetaboutit.

What about the fornicating? That’s #2 on Bills fans lore. Hasn’t been “weeded out” since the beginning of time.

I figured it was about the $$

The belligerent drinking was ridiculous 7 years ago, it was why I stopped attending games.  The breaking point was when I paid good money to sit on the 50 in the middle of the 100’s,  when they were on the hot streak to start the season with Fitz.  The guy next to me was an Iggles fan who kept to himself but was being harassed by people who, you know, take this stuff entirely too seriously.   He was a nice enough guy, and then the ***** behind him literally puked all over him.  I had never felt so bad for another fan.   The drunk ran off and security (sheriff’s department?) didn’t even apprehend him... If you can drink like an adult, then have a good time, if you need to get completely cocked by 1pm on a Sunday and jump through tables like a total asshat, then go to a frat party.  

Edited by Dr.Mantis_Toboggan
  • Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Dude it was all over the news. 

The truth is as long as they arent hurting others then what they do is none of yours, the Pegulas or the governments business.

WRONG!

Insurance and LAWSUITS are the problem. 

IF the Pegula's, the stadium/Erie County do not make a firm stand and prohibit such nonsense, they leave themselves wide open to lawsuits.

56 minutes ago, Bobby Hooks said:

Ill accept hockey stadiums, baseball doesn’t count. It’s just not the same crowd.  

Funny, the closest I've ever been to getting into a fight at an event personally was with a drunken a-hole at a Dave Matthews concert of all places.  A drunken a-hole doesn't care about the venue, all he knows is he's a drunken a-hole.  

The biggest single non-Bills game jackass I had to deal with was a drunken a-hole on Opening Day in Three Rivers Stadium who spent 4 innings of a Pirates/Braves game spewing the vilest venom on Earth at Curtis Pride (RF for the Braves) before I informed the gentleman that Curtis Pride is deaf (which he actually is) and couldn't hear him anyway.  

1 hour ago, May Day 10 said:

They also have a fetish with serving Nitrous balloons at all Philly events

I can verify this.

The Bills twitter post is getting absolutely destroyed in the comments. Rightfully so. How can you sell this to all of the out of town fans, Bills Backers groups etc who organize out of town bus trips weekly? The whole reason for the trips is to save money and be responsible by not driving drunk. Noone is going to want to drive there, pay the extra fee, then drag all their stuff to the zone.  Good way to alienate a part of your fanbase

1 hour ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

Problem is you think its just one or two people.  Western NYers are a crazy bunch.  We might care about how you feel but we dont care what you think and never will.