“Tailgate Village”: New tailgating policy at New Era for bus/limo lot

Personally i think this is Crap. I am one of those people who do rent party busses with my friends and family and don't jump through tables. I had season tickets from 90-99 and have been a regular at game since. To me the environment hasn't changed that much from when i was a kid. Still fights, still drunk fans puking. So now for us to go get a bus with say 15 people goes from spending$75 on a ticket to the game,  $50 on the bus or limo and whatever we get, spend in food and drink to bring with us, $20 for the parking each ($300 for under 20 people) then we get told where to go and spend $20 on a beer and $10 on a hot dog. So this goes from spending $150 on the gameday experience to at least double that. I for one don't care about the drunk idiot fans let people have fun in the way they seem fit. If it doesn't affect me and they aren't breaking the law who cares. If they are breaking the law then let the police do their jobs. My favorite memories from games are from tailgating and the bills seem to be set on ruining that experience. To each their own but the bills have just lost my money

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

Let's say you have a 60 passenger bus, they will charge you $100 for a parking pass and no tailgating.  That's $6 a head to park.  If you want to tailgate it becomes $15 a head.  So you're really only paying an additional $9.  How much value do you expect for $9???  Even if I'm interpreting that incorrectly and they are charging an additional $15 per person to tailgate, fine, what precisely do you expect for $15?  You know what most of that $15 will go toward?  Additional security for the tailgating area.  Every bit of that security is warranted based on repeated past behavior by drunken morons.

I have no sympathy whatsoever for the idiots in the bus lot, they brought this on themselves.  Everyone else that tailgates?  Consider this a shot fired across your collective bows.  There are plenty of places that restrict tailgating activity to specific parking lots. 

Cool. Spoken like a true creepazoid with zero perspective. So, out of towners that pay extra to come to a game safely and support our favorite football team are “morons” and “idiots”? 

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Rockpile233 said:

I mean, once you are in this village. How many drink and food vouchers does that come with. I assume you aren’t letting grills in there.

This would be a serious deterrent to taking a bus.

I put this in the shout box this AM 

https://www.buffalobills.com/news/bills-revamped-2019-bus-and-limo-parking-lot-policy-includes-new-fan-area-tailga?

Fans have the option to enhance their experience in Tailgate Village through a variety of catering options provided by Delaware North for an additional fee, or they may bring their own food and beverage items for no additional cost.

9 minutes ago, teef said:

Maybe a tailgate village fight club?!

What happens in fight club stays in fight club

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

Let's say you have a 60 passenger bus, they will charge you $100 for a parking pass and no tailgating.  That's $6 a head to park.  If you want to tailgate it becomes $15 a head.  So you're really only paying an additional $9.  How much value do you expect for $9???  Even if I'm interpreting that incorrectly and they are charging an additional $15 per person to tailgate, fine, what precisely do you expect for $15?  You know what most of that $15 will go toward?  Additional security for the tailgating area.  Every bit of that security is warranted based on repeated past behavior by drunken morons.

I have no sympathy whatsoever for the idiots in the bus lot, they brought this on themselves.  Everyone else that tailgates?  Consider this a shot fired across your collective bows.  There are plenty of places that restrict tailgating activity to specific parking lots. 

It’s not about what is included, it’s about not being able to bring your own food to cook and own drinks. That’s where it is a cash grab. Cooking, for me, has always been a critical feature of the tailgating experience.

The rules were already being enforced at the lots. Your statement is too general. People will go to the private lots. This is all money.

edit: if you can bring your own food and drink it’s not bad, but still can’t do the cooking I’m sure.

Edited by Rockpile233

14 minutes ago, Juice_32 said:

I agree, but there are a percentage of people that will want to be coherent for relevant games. Obviously it will not stop it all. Winning helps.

From what I saw, last season was more mild. I think part of that was because people wanted to see Allen and not be blacked out for it.

Oh no doubt ..  the drunken fools always find a way to ruin it for the coherent people.

I went to the Ravens game and the "locals" that were drunk were even more belligerent to Bills Fans because of the blowout 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

I put this in the shout box this AM 

https://www.buffalobills.com/news/bills-revamped-2019-bus-and-limo-parking-lot-policy-includes-new-fan-area-tailga?

Fans have the option to enhance their experience in Tailgate Village through a variety of catering options provided by Delaware North for an additional fee, or they may bring their own food and beverage items for no additional cost.

I didn't read the article just came to complain btw what does the wristband come with? 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, JM57 said:

I didn't read the article just came to complain btw what does the wristband come with? 

LOL...  I'm out of state so ... I really didn't read deeply into this.   

All I see thus far is a FEE to park in a designated Tailgate area where Big Brother can keep a closer eye on the tailgaters

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

So what happens, when I get my sandwich out of my lunch bag. Am I not allowed to eat said sandwich around my bus? How does that conversation go? Is the bus lot supposed to act like a private restaurant that doesn't allow any outside food or drinks. Hopefully they can all still use the bus bathroom.

• Like (+1) 1

Frankly, the Bills are doing the fans a solid by not banning alcohol outright in the Tailgatin' Village.  

Our merry band of binge drinkers and functional alcoholics should recognize that the team can tighten that screw if just one table dies in *the* Village this season.  

The Bills have been looking for ways to improve gameday experience for years, and have done a fairly good job of late.  The whole table-slamming thing has been an issue with the team since my time on the Fan Advisory Board.

Any parking provider, be it the team or a private lot, is able to set rules for using their facilities.  Some do a better job than others at setting and enforcing rules.  Hammer happens to be the best at it, with no table slamming, no "dizzy bats", no funnels allowed.  He's expelled people.

And people are free use whatever transportation and parking their situation allows.

The Bills have put elevated platforms in the bus lots for enforcement to get a better view of what's going on - doesn't stop motivated people from doing prohibited things.  As the article stated, this didn't just come from the team but also from the bus/limo companies as well as their law enforcement, parking, and security partners.  The current situation can be dangerous for fans as well as people and property.  It also states that 6 other teams have similar set-ups so it's not just Buffalo.

As someone who was never a 'tailgate to the point of rediculousness' guy, I'm pretty OK with this plan.  We'll see if it helps, and what other unintended consequences it has (you know there will be many).

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

LOL...  I'm out of state so ... I really didn't read deeply into this.   

All I see thus far is a FEE to park in a designated Tailgate area where Big Brother can keep a closer eye on the tailgaters

Sorry I was being facetious with my reply

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Bobby Hooks said:

Cool. Spoken like a true creepazoid with zero perspective. So, out of towners that pay extra to come to a game safely and support our favorite football team are “morons” and “idiots”? 

Cool, spoken like a true moron with an axe to grind.  If you were a moron in the bus lot then yes I guess I meant you.  if you were just a person riding a bus, well then I guess I wasn't referring to you was I though with your response I somewhat doubt it.

When people REPEATEDLY act they way they have acted for a period of years this is the inevitable outcome.  I'm an out of towner too.  I pay plenty extra to attend a game and it's a heluva lot more than the shared cost of a bus ride.  I was a season ticket holder up until 1994 and the attitude towards extreme drunkenness was lax even then.  I brought some friends to a pre-season game as a 17 year old kid and one of my buddies got could not stand up drunk at a tailgate party.  He was 17 years old and obviously 17 years old.  We got into the stadium with him, walked past a phalanx of cops and stadium personnel and nobody did squat.  The guys sitting around me in the stadium were ALL season ticket holders and they would each sneak about a 12 pack of beer into the stadium inside their coats every single game. Sneak is a strong term because nobody cared.  My father tells stories of when the stadium opened people buying a seat for the keg and carrying it in.

Speaking of no perspective.  Go to a game somewhere else and see how tailgating is treated there.  Buffalo is essentially the Wild West in the parking lots.  Now the bus folks have to bring their own food and bev to a special area.  Well guess what, that pretty much eliminates putting some kegs and a full bar on the bus doesn't it.  Be prepared to show some ID for that beer you're carrying in as well.

39 minutes ago, Capco said:

As we were walking by, my buddy looked at the cop funny.  Basically looked him up and down, giving him a look like, "you ain't sh|t."  Didn't say anything.  Didn't make any aggressive movements.  Just a look.  That's what started the whole thing.  Cop felt he had to pull him aside and teach him a lesson.  

Again, once it started my buddy didn't help things at all by being himself, but yeah.  That was how it started.  

The crowd shoulda kicked the sht outa that cop.

1 minute ago, MacGyver said:

It's not the Bills, it's the NFL.

Of coarse if the ruin the market then the team can be moved to a bigger one.

Our college style tailgate IS THE REASON why peapple think we are the best fans in the NFL... it’s not our attendance numbers lmao 

it will really Put a blow to the Bills game day experience if the move downtown and get Rid of tailgating...

heck that's why Oliver is pumped to play here lol

Edited by Buffalo716

8 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Our college style tailgate IS THE REASON why peapple think we are the best fans in the NFL... it’s not our attendance numbers lmao 

it will really out a blow blow to them Bills game day experience if the move downtown and get Rid of tailgating...

heck that's why Oliver is pumped to play here lol

You, uh, tailgating right now?

• Haha (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, youngjebrey said:

I don’t know why the table smashing gets such a negative connotation. I can think of a lot worse cultural traditions. Running of the bulls in Spain comes to mind. 

I get it when it happens in the official lots...but if private lot owners don't give a damn why should the Bills?  I've never had a bad game day experience, so I'm not sure where this idea that table slamming is somehow detrimental to the fan experience comes from.  If you don't want to see that stuff, park in a place where it's not allowed.  I love tailgating at Hammer's, but I also don't mind wandering around and seeing folks act a fool at other lots.

• Like (+1) 5