“Tailgate Village”: New tailgating policy at New Era for bus/limo lot

22 minutes ago, scribo said:

Generally speaking, the worst of the worst seems to be those who come to games on buses. My seats in the stadium are up near the top, where many of the groups are able to buy blocks of tickets. They're the drunken idiots who clearly are not there to see the game. I fully understand that's what comes with the least expensive seats, and there are many great fans who come in on the buses. But I am OK with this move.

Have not been to a game since Bills shifted their selling policy favoring scalpers over groups so I find it surprising that so many groups of drunks are able to get tickets.

14 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

They are no doubt getting some pressure from Roger to make some changes 

I'd say it's more like 50-50 the NFL and Erie County putting the pressure on.  After the cop beat down of the kid something had to change.  This will destroy the bus business. 

10 minutes ago, Logic said:

I've been to many, many Bills games. I've literally never seen this happen. I'm sure it DOES happen, but I would venture to guess that the frequency of it is far, FAR less than the frequency with which one sees vast over-indulgence of substances, fights, and destruction of property. 

To get hammered drunk on a Sunday morning and jump through a table? K.

It's funny. I go to the games to watch football happen. Guess I'm a weirdo.

Dude it was all over the news. 

The truth is as long as they arent hurting others then what they do is none of yours, the Pegulas or the governments business.

Edited by formerlyofCtown

If the new stadium doesn't have tailgating and the ability to byob and cook, then I'm out. Some of my best bills memories are from tailgating, just drinking and eating with my family and friends. I'm sure many would feel the same way

• Like (+1) 5

2 minutes ago, wiseman3 said:

If the new stadium doesn't have tailgating and the ability to byob and cook, then I'm out. Some of my best bills memories are from tailgating, just drinking and eating with my family and friends. I'm sure many would feel the same way

I went to Cleveland's stadium once.  it was pretty lame trying to tailgate in a parking garage.  Leave the stadium in OP.

2 minutes ago, wiseman3 said:

I can forsee BBQ provision dispensers containing only products that have a marketing agreement with the stadium and NG grills with chip readers to buy grill time.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Logic said:

I've been to many, many Bills games. I've literally never seen this happen. I'm sure it DOES happen, but I would venture to guess that the frequency of it is far, FAR less than the frequency with which one sees vast over-indulgence of substances, fights, and destruction of property. 

Yeah, this was a (highly publicized) one-off. Definitely not common. 

• Like (+1) 2

Was extreme behavior any better last year?  It seemed there wasn’t as many YouTube videos circulating of crazy behavior.  You couldn’t avoid them in prior years if you tried 

Edited by Another Fan

9 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Have not been to a game since Bills shifted their selling policy favoring scalpers over groups so I find it surprising that so many groups of drunks are able to get tickets.

There are ticket agents that have blocks of season tickets. They sell them to large groups, such as colleges, clubs, etc.

9 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

The truth is as long as they arent hurting others then what they do is none of yours, the Pegulas or the governments business.

If it happens on private property owned by the Bills, it absolutely IS the business of the Pegulas. If someone dies in the Bills parking lot, does any part of you doubt that the family will be bringing a lawsuit against the Pegulas?

• Like (+1) 7

The law enforcement at the games are massive dbags, but when you're corralling thousands of drunk people (especially after a loss), things are bound to get hectic.  

If people want to see less cop beat downs, one way to do that is to curb the drunken, reckless behavior in the parking lots.  

I understand that won't stop butthead cops from being dbags though. 

Once we were walking to our cars when our buddy got into a pissing match with a sheriff deputy.  His brother goes to tap the cop on his back shoulder to ask what's going on, at which point the cop's partner body checks the brother against a fence, screaming "Don't you EVER put your hands on a LEO!"

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, scribo said:

There are ticket agents that have blocks of season tickets. They sell them to large groups, such as colleges, clubs, etc.

In other words professional scalpers.  They used to sell to Bills Backers Groups and it is next to impossible to buy from Bills. I know for I am a chapter president.

5 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

Was extreme behavior any better last year?  It seemed there wasn’t as many YouTube videos circulating of crazy behavior.  You couldn’t avoid them in prior years if you tried 

In my experience, there was progress last year in terms of the bus lot.

This, imo is more about mandating that tailgate catering company with a shaky pretext of "fan behavior"

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Capco said:

Once we were walking to our cars when our buddy got into a pissing match with a sheriff deputy.  His brother goes to tap the cop on his back shoulder to ask what's going on, at which point the cop's partner body checks the brother against a fence, screaming "Don't you EVER put your hands on a LEO!"

In this case the cop's partner was 1000% right.  They are trying to corral 70,000+ hooligans, you simply do not touch them under any circumstances period.  

• Like (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

It is absolutely the business of the Pegulas and the Government.  The County owns that land is responsible for policing it.  The Pegula's are responsible as game day operators of the site.  They can set whatever policy they so choose, and if that policy includes curtailing the drunkenness and idiocy of a few out of control fans who weekly embarrass the team and the community, it is within their rights to do so.  

• Like (+1) 1

Tailgating as most of you know it is going to be going to way of the dinosaur. It may only be a small % that are belligerent and act like idiots but they have ruined it for everyone else. That is why they will move to a downtown stadium with a small tailgating area and higher ticket prices to push those people that just want to get drunk and slam tables out. 

39 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Dont forget the completely sober law enforcement beating the hell out of people.

https://buffalonews.com/2018/12/03/editorial-a-deputy-and-a-department-out-of-control/

Hopefully you know how to read @Boatdrinks

Of course I do. This type of incident was unusual and not common at games. Of course the liberal rag is going to stoke the flames. Doesn’t happen on the reg, like the rowdy bizzaro drunken behavior at every single game. Get it ? That was the point Logic made and I concurred. You might be the one with a comprehension issue. 

I understand it’s their business to police their lots, but the damage is all done with how quickly one single video can circulate online. People will find other places to go who are set on this. Yes, you’ll curb some drunkenness, but I’ve been a season ticket holder for 12 years and honestly think it has been improving over time.

My issue is with this lame tailgating village, which will basically be a cash grab. Why would anyone want to take a bus anymore?

• Like (+1) 3