“Tailgate Village”: New tailgating policy at New Era for bus/limo lot

Generally speaking, the worst of the worst seems to be those who come to games on buses. My seats in the stadium are up near the top, where many of the groups are able to buy blocks of tickets. They're the drunken idiots who clearly are not there to see the game. I fully understand that's what comes with the least expensive seats, and there are many great fans who come in on the buses. But I am OK with this move.

• Like (+1) 6

Tough spot for the Bills. Tailgating is obviously a big part of the gameday experience. On the other hand, it has become a complete circus out there. Dangerously inebreiated people jumping through flaming tables, puking everywhere, getting into fights. It's out of hand. 

I condone and understand any efforts the team takes to curb the ridiculous over-indulgence that takes place in the lots.

• Like (+1) 13

Perhaps starting the process of indoctrinating us into a new tailgate experience at a new venue?

Just now, Logic said:

Tough spot for the Bills. Tailgating is obviously a big part of the gameday experience. On the other hand, it has become a complete circus out there. Dangerously inebreiated people jumping through flaming tables, puking everywhere, getting into fights. It's out of hand. 

I condone and understand any efforts the team takes to curb the ridiculous over-indulgence that takes place in the lots.

It’s odd, as I only see the occasional hammered person. We park near the Field House and never have problems. 

• Like (+1) 5

This "Tailgate Village" sounds like a social conditioning program to get fans ready for tailgating areas at the new downtown stadium. You won't be able to bring any of your own food or equipment, you must buy grill time and whatever BBQ provisions are sold in these areas.  

• Like (+1) 10

2 minutes ago, Logic said:

Table diving, for better or worse, has become the icon of #BillsMafia. Wouldn't shock me to see a Simpsons episode where Homer dives a flaming table.

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Not sure if the Buffalo News link is buried above.

The cost for a 20-person vehicle is $300, then $600 for a 40-passenger vehicle and $900 for a 60-person vehicle. That breaks down to $15 per passenger, and is paid in advance of a parking pass being issued.

Terry and Kim  had to do something. The Bills were getting deserved bad publicity. They had to do something to show they actively managing the game day environment-game day experience is a huge priority for the league.

• Like (+1) 1

All this does is eliminate people jumping off of buses onto tables.  Still drink on the way to the game, all morning until game time.  They are just moving the masses to another location.  

43 minutes ago, Logic said:

Dont forget the completely sober law enforcement beating the hell out of people.

https://buffalonews.com/2018/12/03/editorial-a-deputy-and-a-department-out-of-control/

Hopefully you know how to read @Boatdrinks

Edited by formerlyofCtown
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, boater said:

Not sure if the Buffalo News link is buried above.

Terry and Kim  had to do something. The Bills were getting deserved bad publicity. They had to do something to show they actively managing the game day environment-game day experience is a huge priority for the league.

They are no doubt getting some pressure from Roger to make some changes 

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Table diving, for better or worse, has become the icon of #BillsMafia. Wouldn't shock me to see a Simpsons episode where Homer dives a flaming table.

I've been around and around with fans on this board about this, but I'm not a big fan of the fact that when you mention Bills fans to people, the first thing that comes to mind is drunkards jumping through tables. I like the notion of the fan base being recognized for loyalty to the team, persistence through bad weather conditions, etc..The fact that, instead, people just immediately equate Bills fans with drunken and destructive behavior is, to me, an embarrassment. This is where everyone jumps in and says I'm a kill-joy, that people are entitled to enjoy themselves however they want, blah blah blah. That's fine. My position stands. The gameday experience for many has become more about over-indulgence and "look at me" shenanigans than about football. It's just not my scene. 

To each their own, but I'm not fan of that aspect of the #BillsMafia experience.

Edited by Logic
  • Like (+1) 11
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

They might find their fans distancing themselves from the team.

Just now, Logic said:

I've been around and around with fans on this board about this, but I'm not a big fan of the fact that when you mention Bills fans to people, the first thing that comes to mind is drunkards jumping through tables. I like the notion of the ban base being recognized for loyalty to the team, persistence through bad weather conditions, etc..The fact that, instead, people just immediately equate Bills fans with drunken and destructive behavior is, to me, an embarrassment. This is where everyone jumps in and says I'm a kill-joy, that people are entitled to enjoy themselves however they want, blah blah blah. That's fine. My position stands. The gameday experience for many has become more about over-indulgence and "look at me" shenanigans than about football. It's just not my scene. 

To each their own.

Its awsome welcome to the land of freedom.  Sane people are boring.

9 minutes ago, MacGyver said:

This "Tailgate Village" sounds like a social conditioning program to get fans ready for tailgating areas at the new downtown stadium. You won't be able to bring any of your own food or equipment, you must buy grill time and whatever BBQ provisions are sold in these areas.  

This is exactly how i read into it as well. They are preparing everyone for the new stadium

3 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Dont forget the completely sober law enforcement beating the hell out of people.

I've been to many, many Bills games. I've literally never seen this happen. I'm sure it DOES happen, but I would venture to guess that the frequency of it is far, FAR less than the frequency with which one sees vast over-indulgence of substances, fights, and destruction of property. 

1 minute ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Because that is why they go.

To get hammered drunk on a Sunday morning and jump through a table? K.

It's funny. I go to the games to watch football happen. Guess I'm a weirdo.

• Like (+1) 1

Fan behavior has nothing to do with forcing fans to rent tailgating equipment and buying food and beverage from the bills' preferred vendor 

They formed a partnership with this tailgating carering company last year.  Predictably, nobody was interested, so they are trying to force people to support it

Edited by May Day 10
  • Like (+1) 6

14 minutes ago, MacGyver said:

If some people didn't see something like this coming after they implemented new bus lot policies every year and nothing changed, I don't know what to tell them.

While I think the quoted post is a bit much, the message is clear. This is 100% the end result of the actions of others. They have tried small changes and nothing changed and since Bills fans can't act like grownups in the bus lot, now they get to pay to be babysat.

It's not that hard to have some beverages, get primed up for the game and have a good time without also doing the things the Bills have continually said "hey stop doing that."

Edited by JM57
  • Like (+1) 2