TBN: Way-too-early 53-man roster projection

QB: Allen, Barkley, Tyree

RB: McCoy, Gore, Yeldon, Singletary, Senorise

WR/TE: Brown, Williams, Beasley, Foster, Sills, Roberts, Kroft, Knox, Croom, Sweeney

OL: Dawkins, Spain, Morse, Ford, Nsekhe, Long, Teller, Waddle, Feliciano

DL: Oliver, Murphy, Hughes, Lotulelei, Harold, Johnson, Phillips, Phillips

LB: Milano, Edmunds, Alexander, V Joseph,  Stanford

DB: White, K Johnson, Hyde, Poyer, Gaines, Alexander, T Johnson, Bush, Wallace,  J Johnson

SPEC: Hauschka, Bojorquez, Ferguson

Damn now I am down to 53.  I am deciding to rather cut Croom, Sweeney, or Senorise

And yes Zay and Lawson are missing.  I predict they are trade for mid to late draft picks or some other underperforming draft pick

3 minutes ago, Pete said:

QB: Allen, Barkley, Tyree

RB: McCoy, Gore, Yeldon, Singletary, Senorise

WR/TE: Brown, Williams, Beasley, Foster, Sills, Roberts, Kroft, Knox, Croom, Sweeney

OL: Dawkins, Spain, Morse, Ford, Nsekhe, Long, Teller, Waddle, Feliciano

DL: Oliver, Murphy, Hughes, Lotulelei, Harold, Johnson, Phillips, Phillips

LB: Milano, Edmunds, Alexander, V Joseph,  Stanford

DB: White, K Johnson, Hyde, Poyer, Gaines, Alexander, T Johnson, Bush, Wallace,  J Johnson

SPEC: Hauschka, Bojorquez, Ferguson

Damn now I am down to 53.  I am deciding to rather cut Croom, Sweeney, or Senorise

And yes Zay and Lawson are missing.  I predict they are trade for mid to late draft picks or some other underperforming draft pick

Can’t cut the future son in law right? Or is Terry out for blood here... 

Edited by YoloinOhio

7 hours ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

DiMarco would be way more important to the every down offense than the 6th WR.  The 6th WR's only true value would be as a special teams contributor. 

Is he?  How many teams use a FB in this league anymore. 

8 hours ago, dneveu said:

Love that we're carrying 2 Oline from 2018 into 2019.  9 Oline is awesome too - especially with ford/dawkins having some positionally flexibility.  Long active game days as a backup Center unless he can win a job.  Spain and feliciano coming in trying to earn playing time too.  

I could see cutting dimarco and carrying another WR.  Or same with Fisher.  Dimarco brings some special teams value and I'm not sure Fisher would bring the same value there.  Either way - lose dimarco and you can probably bring fisher in as a FB in goal line work. 

I think it all depends on how Jackson plays in the preseason.  If he looks terrible we can probably leave him on the practice squad.  If he's lighting it up it may be more of an issue on how we could keep him.  

As for Dimarco - i wrote it above... no need for him and fisher.  If we're only using dimarco in goalline work that should be easy enough to get fisher up to speed.  If we're planning to use him more (doubtful) i would just cut fisher.  

You dont just "leave" a player on the Practice Squad; you have to cut them first,which makes them available for another team to sign. If Jackson plays well, do Bills take that risk?

I’m going to go 

QB- Allen, Barkley, Anderson 

RB- McCoy, Gore, Yeldon, Singletary

FB-DiMarco

WR- Foster, Jones, Roberts, Brown, Beasley, Williams

TE- Kroft, Knox, Croom

OL- Dawkins, Nsekhe, Ford, Morse, Long, Waddle, Spain, Teller

Off- 25

DE- Hughes, Murphy, Lawson, Love

DT- Loutelelei, Oliver, Phillips, Phillips

LB- Edmunds, Alexander, Milano, Joseph, Stanford, Alexander, Lacey 

CB- Wallace, White, Johnson, Gaines, Johnson

Saf- Hyde, Poyer, Bush, Johnson, Neal

Def- 25

K- Hauschka 

P- Carter

LS- Ferguson 

Specials- 3 

PS- Jackson(QB), Nick Easley(WR), Sills(WR), Sweeney(TE)

7 hours ago, ngbills said:

My roster:

QB: Allen, Anderson, Barkley

RB: McCoy, DiMarco, Gore, Yeldon, Singletary

WR/TE: Brown, Jones, Beasley, Kroft, Foster, Roberts, McCloud, Knox, Croom

OL: Dawkins, Spain, Morse, Ford, Nsekhe, Long, Teller, Waddle, Feliciano

DL: Phillips, Oliver, Murphy, Hughes, LotuleleiLawson, Phillips, Yarbrough

LB: Milano, Edmunds, Alexander, Harold, V Joseph, Lacey, Stanford

DB: White, K Johnson, Hyde, Poyer, Gaines, Alexander, T Johnson, Bush, Wallace

SPEC: Hauschka, Bojorquez, Ferguson

Anderson is not needed after training camp so you have a spot open.

I think Croom is out. I don't care who Croom is banging, Dawson Knox can do everything he can do and more. Knox is faster, pretty much the same size and he can block. Croom to me is too one dimensional to be of any use imo. I don't know how it shakes out, how Fisher looks, how Sweeney looks. But I feel like Croom is not a lock for the roster. A #3 tightend should be able to do more than just one thing well, and if he is one dimensional, he should be he blocking type. A receiving Flex tight end makes no sense as a #3. 

• Like (+1) 1

I would simply sign a guy like Maxx Williams or Ryan Hewitt. They are sitting out there with no contract and are guys who play tight end and fullback. That's the guy you want as your third tight end. Not some slow jacked up receiver who can't block. If Fisher or Sweeney could do this, great. I think Fisher is a really interesting piece. I don't really want Knox to be smashing as a fullback. As an H back off the ball on split zone type plays I think it's fine, but if you want to get in I and smash, I don't like Knox there. Maybe Ed Oliver can do it. But the idea that somebody else could do this job and you don't really need DiMarco is probably accurate. 

10 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I think Croom is out. I don't care who Croom is banging, Dawson Knox can do everything he can do and more. Knox is faster, pretty much the same size and he can block. Croom to me is too one dimensional to be of any use imo. I don't know how it shakes out, how Fisher looks, how Sweeney looks. But I feel like Croom is not a lock for the roster. A #3 tightend should be able to do more than just one thing well, and if he is one dimensional, he should be he blocking type. A receiving Flex tight end makes no sense as a #3. 

Croom should be out. He is very meh. That said I'm not convinced he will be - banging the boss's daughter will keep him around.

• Haha (+1) 2

23 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Croom should be out. He is very meh. That said I'm not convinced he will be - banging the boss's daughter will keep him around.

God I hope not. But you are probably right though. Maybe he could be the waterboy or something, practice squad. He should not play. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, CountryCletus said:

Don’t need 5 safeties.... I say we ditch a safety and keep a WR

I think you can roll with 4 safeties if you have functional depth. When you have to bring Dean Marlowe off the practice squad to start and play every defensive down in a game, then send him back to teh practice squad, to me that isn't functional depth. Neal or Johnson need to prove that they can play there imo, not just be special teams guys. I also think that Kevin Johnson has the skills to double as a safety and a corner. 

• Like (+1) 1