Best BBQ in the Buffalo Area?

18 hours ago, Just Joshin' said:

How was Franklin 's?

I got a takeout, while brisket so I did not have to wait hours in line.  I was trying to temper my expectations but it was excellent.  Worth the extra $ he gets based on his reputation. 

We got in line at 7:15 am and ate by 12:15.  Probably ~50 people in line already.  Polished off a couple of six packs to get the appetite going. 

All hyperbole aside, it was the best BBQ I've ever had.  We met back up with the larger group that night and went to Cooper's for dinner.  A couple of the guys had been before and said it was really good.  It was very inferior.  

Our order was 1 lb of brisket which as you said was excellent.  We were going to go all fatty but he recommended we get some lean too.  Very happy we did, it was better than the moist.  1 beef rib about ~2lbs worth, 1 lb of pork ribs, 1/4 lb turkey and a few links of sausage.  I'd say brisket and surprisingly pork ribs were my favorite.  Turkey was a sleeper, really good. 

Overall, great time.  Glad we did it.     

5 hours ago, stony said:

We got in line at 7:15 am and ate by 12:15.  Probably ~50 people in line already.  Polished off a couple of six packs to get the appetite going. 

All hyperbole aside, it was the best BBQ I've ever had.  We met back up with the larger group that night and went to Cooper's for dinner.  A couple of the guys had been before and said it was really good.  It was very inferior.  

Our order was 1 lb of brisket which as you said was excellent.  We were going to go all fatty but he recommended we get some lean too.  Very happy we did, it was better than the moist.  1 beef rib about ~2lbs worth, 1 lb of pork ribs, 1/4 lb turkey and a few links of sausage.  I'd say brisket and surprisingly pork ribs were my favorite.  Turkey was a sleeper, really good. 

Pork ribs surprisingly your favorite?

a well prepared smoked pork rib is my favorite food ever

On 5/1/2019 at 10:42 AM, Mark80 said:

Suzy-Qs Bar-B-Que Shack.  It's a dump, it's in a bad neighborhood, it's only open 3 days a week and it will run out of ribs, but it's by far the best IMO.

I work nearby and have never been able to get food from the place.  They are either out or there has been some other issue,

5 hours ago, stony said:

Coopers in llano Texas?  It’s been years since I was there but it was excellent.

1 minute ago, BuffaloBill said:

Yes but only because I have driven past it - worked over here for three years - generally eat in cafeteria because it is a food wasteland in this general area. 

Ask some of the old timers about No Place.

6 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Pork ribs surprisingly your favorite?

a well prepared smoked pork rib is my favorite food ever

Just expected beef to reign supreme in Texas.  Happy to see pork get a seat at the table. 

5 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

I work nearby and have never been able to get food from the place.  They are either out or there has been some other issue,

Coopers in llano Texas?  It’s been years since I was there but it was excellent.

This Coopers was in downtown Austin. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/5/2019 at 10:14 PM, Buffalo716 said:

True . Texas does do big beef ribs

Call Greg no later than tomorrow..if you want to pick up next Tuesday 11-6.20 bucks a rack...685-6599..sides x-tra.

Edited by Misterbluesky
P.S.-thumbs up to Wally's.