Best BBQ in the Buffalo Area?

2 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Oh i agree. Imo, for its size, Buffalo is the best food city in the country.  BBQ isn’t its strength though.

Definitely not it’s strength  but you can find some joints

i finally went to smokin little diner on transit... it was pretty good... definitely not Fat Bobs

Edited by Buffalo716

5 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

BBQ ???    You aint in the South !!!   You go out for Wings and Beef on Weck!!!!    lol  

Sorry  I can't help you there

Try Yelp or some such 

Fair enough, then ice hockey shouldn't be played and basterdized BELOW the Mason-Dixon Line.

Yeah... Kansas City is in the "South."

Just to refresh Your geographical memory.  Guess which bad boy team falls below here:

mason-dixon-e1475696002182.jpg

***** the lazy South. The North won, get over it. ?

3 hours ago, Bills Fan in Beantown said:

I just went to Dinosaur for the first time in Rochester and thought the ribs were pretty legit.  

I think it all depends on the level you have been spoiled at.  I lived in KC for a year, and yeah - I just went and bought my own smoker and learned how to do it myself (Denver BBQ is not great either)

• Like (+1) 1

This thread is depressing!! There’s some great food in Buffalo but not BBQ. With that being said New Orleans was the exact same way a decade ago and now there are some great spots!! One good one opens and it spawns a bunch more. 

Edited by Kirby Jackson

8 hours ago, Never NEVER Give-up said:

Fat Bob's downtown (Allentown) is great.  But even better is One-eyed Jack's - on Transit near Robinson Rd in Lockport.

Had one eye jacks. Solid.

One-Eyed Jack's is excellent. In addition to take-out, we will go in and buy trays for various functions, and we will buy an extra quart of sauce to have in the fridge. 

Sticky Face - Oliver St, North Tonawanda, the ends... so bad for you, yet so very, very good.

Suzy-Qs - my niece worked there for years. LOL oh, the stories. SMH (nothing to do with the cleanliness of the kitchen, just how the place was run)

Edited by Buffalo_Gal

23 hours ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

I was going to say Kentucky Greg's then saw this.  I hadn't been there in over two years.  Really disappointed to hear they're gone.

I'm getting Kentucky Greg's on Saturday..I prefer take out/delivery,anyway.

Fat Bob's was one of the worst places ive ever been too. Is the only place i didnt take the leftovers home.

I live in the southern tier as well and Mama's Smokin BBQ in Shongo is great. The things they smoke are awesome but regular food not so much. If want a burger dont go but if you want a smoked brisket Philly then come on over. They burned down last fall but they are rebuilding as we speak , can't wait !

Across the street from them is a dive bar called Just One More is surprisingly pretty good also. They make a killer Philly as well, just not a BBQ place.

https://m.facebook.com/Mamas-Smokin-BBQ-1676317872595865/

Ive heard this place in Hinsdale is good but ive never been.

https://www.jdssmokingrillnbar.com

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

On 5/1/2019 at 10:39 AM, Josh "Real Deal" Allen said:

I don't live in Buffalo, but I'm within a reasonable driving distance coming from the Southern Tier. I love a good BBQ -not so concerned about price.

Recently, a guy who works for me went to visit his son at college in the area. He came back singing the praises for Smokey Bones. I looked at the reviews online and it got a 4.0 not bad.

I really want to hear from some of the experts on here. What is your favorite place? Best Ribs? Pulled Pork? etc.

Smoky Bones is a chain that was started by Darden Restaurants (Olive Garden, Red Lobster, etc.) and then sold to a private equity firm.  I’ve never eaten at one, nor would I except in extreme circumstances.

The best BBQ in Buffalo was probably Kentucky Gregs, but the owners are semi-retired and only do catering now.  I liked Fat Bobs the one time I ate there years ago and know a lot of people love it.  One Eyed Jacks is good, but not great in my opinion.  Smoke On The Water in North Tonawanda is well liked.  I only ate there once and thought it was good, but not special at all.  I’ll go back again in the summer when I can sit outside and get a bigger selection before I make my final decision about it.  I’d defer to others on it.  I do like Brick Yard BBQ quite a bit, but it's way up in Lewiston. 

Avoid Sticky Face, also in NT, at all costs. The food was horrible.  I have not eaten at Dinosaur so I can’t speak to that.  I do love great BBQ and I make it at home regularly - especially in the non-winter months.  Looking forward to firing up my smoker soon.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Fat Bob's was one of the worst places ive ever been too. Is the only place i didnt take the leftovers home.

I haven’t been there in 5 years, but all my previous visits to Fat Bobs were very underwhelming. ?