Best BBQ in the Buffalo Area?

26 minutes ago, wagon127 said:

Smokey Bones and Dinosaur BBQ are both Chains. Its like coming to Buffalo and getting chicken wings from Pizza Hut. Go to BW's BBQ, its not far from the stadium to.

True for Smokey Bones but not Dinosaur.  They are a regional chain and not run like a chain.  I have not been to other Buffalo places but would recommend Dinosaur.  They are easily the best you will get in the North.

Another vote for Dinosaur BBQ - I don't think of this as a chain even if there are a few others, and also has advantage of decent beer on tap selection....

(Tip - try the Big Ass Pork Plate, with beans and rice!)

Edited by bourbonboy

Used to be HANDS DOWN Kentucky Gregs....unfortunately he has since closed down.

Fat Bobs used to be really good like 10 years ago, then the husband and wife divorced and the business went downhill...I know people still really like it and I have no idea why (dry, sides are bland). 

BW's is OK.

I would say drive out to Lockport and go to One Eyed Jacks or if you dont wanna make the drive, just go to Dinosaur (its a "chain" but a local chain).

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Never NEVER Give-up said:

Fat Bob's downtown (Allentown) is great.  But even better is One-eyed Jack's - on Transit near Robinson Rd in Lockport.

This! I found this diamond in the rough when i first moved to lockport area. Great bbq!

2 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

If I’m in Buffalo, Susie-Q’s.  If on foot downtown, Dinosaur.  If I’m near Rochester, Sticky Lips BBQ Juke Joint.

Sticky lips is always my lunch time stop after trip to Fisher for for camp. Very good, and really good selection of beer on tap.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

No, but it is known for great restaurants. Plenty of good BBQ places in B'lo

Dino BBQ is a Upstate NY chain 3 or 4 spots, so not a national chain like Smokey Bones 

8 minutes ago, badassgixxer05 said:

This! I found this diamond in the rough when i first moved to lockport area. Great bbq!

Got one in Harlem too.

Ribs always very tough and dry.

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

Got one in Harlem too.

That made me think of comments I responded to regarding a venerated local watering hole:

Customer:  “The food was cold and the waitress was bitchy”.

Me:  My wife is serving lunches now?!

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PaattMaann said:

Fat Bobs used to be really good like 10 years ago, then the husband and wife divorced and the business went downhill...I know people still really like it and I have no idea why (dry, sides are bland). 

BW's is OK.

I would say drive out to Lockport and go to One Eyed Jacks or if you dont wanna make the drive, just go to Dinosaur (its a "chain" but a local chain).

Paatt..I have some semi good news, he still caters and will also deliver to your home(Saturdays Only ?). The set up is only done but e-mails..I agree,best BBQ in WNY.

Al e oops in Lancaster is pretty good.

36 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Got one in Harlem too.

Is one eyed jacks in Lockport still open?

Edited by Misterbluesky
  • Like (+1) 1

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
1 hour ago, PaattMaann said:

BW's is OK.

I was going to say Kentucky Greg's then saw this.  I hadn't been there in over two years.  Really disappointed to hear they're gone.

Dinosaur is definitely not a real chain... and they do things right ..  I would go there over Smokey bones 100-100 times

Also Fat Bobs 

or Suzy- Qs

5 minutes ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

I was going to say Kentucky Greg's then saw this.  I hadn't been there in over two years.  Really disappointed to hear they're gone.

They are still open for catering I believe 

just no dine in

3 hours ago, HOUSE said:

Rays Sunoco , Main & Transit. Behind the motor oil. They are  having an Ultra Sale

Could be busy

Image result for sunoco station

Taken many a first date there.  If those bathrooms could talk. ?

and Buffalo isn’t great for BBQ, but Fat Bob’s and Dinosaur are solid.

39 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

Paatt..I have some semi good news, he still caters and will also deliver to your home(Saturdays Only ?). The set up is only done but e-mails..I agree,best BBQ in WNY.

Al e oops in Lancaster is pretty good.

Is one eyed jacks in Lockport still open?

ABSOLUTELY!!

6 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Taken many a first date there.  If those bathrooms could talk. ?

and Buffalo isn’t great for BBQ, but Fat Bob’s and Dinosaur are solid.

And Austin Matthews grew up in Arizona which is dog crap for hockey... and he is one of the best in the world

I’ve had crap BBQ in Carolina and amazing BBQ in NY

its preparation . A put master can do anything here he can in Texas 

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

And Austin Matthews grew up in Arizona which is dog crap for hockey... and he is one of the best in the world

I’ve had crap BBQ in Carolina and amazing BBQ in NY

its preparation . A put master can do anything here he can in Texas 

Oh i agree. Imo, for its size, Buffalo is the best food city in the country.  BBQ isn’t its strength though.