Rookie QB Blind Stats Comparison

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I mean Rosen was in an awful situation.  Weirdly, Buffalo was a much more stable situation than Arizona.  He had consistent coaching.  Other than that, they both had less than desirable situations and it’s too early to react to them either way.  

But it I would say getting traded a year after going top 10 isn’t getting a pass. 

Rosen was only traded because the new coach wanted Murray. If Murray wasn't in the draft then Rosen does not get traded.

I would argue that Rosen had better receivers, running back. Hard to judge the OLs as Allen's legs probably save our guys from some really horrible stats. 

My point is that I've heard so much about the bad situation Rosen was placed in but all I hear is Allen's completion %. I'm a little jaded by it.

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I mean Rosen was in an awful situation.  Weirdly, Buffalo was a much more stable situation than Arizona.  He had consistent coaching.  Other than that, they both had less than desirable situations and it’s too early to react to them either way.  

But it I would say getting traded a year after going top 10 isn’t getting a pass. 

Good post Gunner.  I just worry the lack of number 1 (I don’t think either are great but Robinson and Burton would be our best wr/ TE) and Daboll isn’t close to Matt Nagy could hold Allen back.  

It will be interested how defenses defend Allen now (I assume keep him in the pocket, spy him, take away deep throws) and how he adjusts.  Its such a different ballgame once teams get tape on you and try to exploit your weaknesses.

I don't love Burton. I think he is overrated. Think he and Kroft is closer to a push. 

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

I guess I don't really understand the point then. Josh Allen could get better? Yep. I think he will. Big Ben had a better team? Yep. He also played a lot better. People think the Bills should have taken Mahomes at #10 in 2017? Yea, if Pat Mahomes continues to be close to the QB he was last year then unless Josh Allen gets to that same level you better get ready to hear that for as long as Mahomes's career lasts. 

I don't really know what context this brings that allows one to draw any sort of useful conclusion beyond the obvious. 

It has been said on here before but it bears repeating - the standard to hold Josh's sophomore NFL campaign to is Mitch Trubisky in Chicago just last year. If he gets there I think he is on track. If he falls short then doubts will creep back in and if he outperforms Trubisky's 2018 then I think we can feel really good about where he is headed. 

By your initial statement: "Josh Allen could get better? Yep. I think he will." and then saying, "Big Ben had a better team? Yep. Hel also played a lot better." demonstrates the point as I already said it:

"Context was the point …... It was to put it all into context and what a reasonable expectation could / should be for Josh moving into this upcoming year."

It's the point because around this time of year, many fans to fail to embrace it as part of the discussion. Context is key in a QB situation, and helping to remind us all that the context has drastically changed this Off-Season can provide a reasoned, balanced, and objective viewpoint of what we can expect in terms of individual and team performance. 

Also, I will never be one to think the Bills *should* have taken Mahomes, regardless of what he does because again, context is key. Tyreek Hill (the baby batterer), Kareem Hunt for part of the season (woman beater), Travis Kelce, Sammy Waktkins, etc. and a great Offensive Line all gave Mahomes loads and loads more support than Josh Allen had in his first year and their situation is very, very different. In other words, Mahomes is great, but do I think he'd be just as great in Buffalo? No, I don't - because Draft picks and coaches impact how all of it unfolds. Context is the point. 

1 hour ago, ProcessAccepted said:

Rosen was only traded because the new coach wanted Murray. If Murray wasn't in the draft then Rosen does not get traded.

I would argue that Rosen had better receivers, running back. Hard to judge the OLs as Allen's legs probably save our guys from some really horrible stats. 

My point is that I've heard so much about the bad situation Rosen was placed in but all I hear is Allen's completion %. I'm a little jaded by it.

I think you have a bit of a chip on your shoulder about it. I have not heard the sort of talking heads you refer to on Rosen hammering Josh. In fact even when Charles Davis was sceptical during the draft coverage he referenced the protection and the scheme. 

18 minutes ago, BigBuff423 said:

By your initial statement: "Josh Allen could get better? Yep. I think he will." and then saying, "Big Ben had a better team? Yep. Hel also played a lot better." demonstrates the point as I already said it:

"Context was the point …... It was to put it all into context and what a reasonable expectation could / should be for Josh moving into this upcoming year."

It's the point because around this time of year, many fans to fail to embrace it as part of the discussion. Context is key in a QB situation, and helping to remind us all that the context has drastically changed this Off-Season can provide a reasoned, balanced, and objective viewpoint of what we can expect in terms of individual and team performance. 

Also, I will never be one to think the Bills *should* have taken Mahomes, regardless of what he does because again, context is key. Tyreek Hill (the baby batterer), Kareem Hunt for part of the season (woman beater), Travis Kelce, Sammy Waktkins, etc. and a great Offensive Line all gave Mahomes loads and loads more support than Josh Allen had in his first year and their situation is very, very different. In other words, Mahomes is great, but do I think he'd be just as great in Buffalo? No, I don't - because Draft picks and coaches impact how all of it unfolds. Context is the point. 

But even allowing for context you are comparing Josh to a guy who is a sure fire hall of famer and had at the time one of the best rookie QB seasons on record. I don't think it is useful context. 

Edited by GunnerBill