Bills/Jets Wk 17 New Era Field for Playoffs

Calling my shot here...

I expect the Bills to be in the playoff hunt throughout the entire season and it will all come down to Week 17.    

I think the Patriots, Chargers, Colts, and Browns win their divisions this year.

That leaves the Bills, Jets, Chiefs, Broncos, Texans, and Steelers who will likely be in the Wild Card hunt at the end of the season.  I'm not going to predict who wins the Wild Card from the Chiefs, Broncos, Texans, and Steelers group, but I do think that the winner of our regular season finale grabs the last Wild Card spot. 

I think home field advantage pushes our young team over the top.  New Era Field will be rocking on December 29th.

Edited by Inigo Montoya
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Boca BIlls said:

Sucks when it's time to compete you automatically think Wildcard... I hate the Patriots.

I think a Wild Card is realistic.  Being one of the top six teams in the AFC this year will be a big jump for the Bills.  We still have some holes on this team.  Beane couldn’t fix everything this year. I think we’re on the way though.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Controversial..... I don't think the Chiefs will win the AFCW. Just think they have lost too many pieces. I do like some of their pick ups.... Clark, Ogbah, Mathieu but they have lost Houston and Berry who were leaders on that team as well as Ford and (from the start of last season) Hunt,  Hill, Conley and Ware on offense. If Sammy Watkins can stay healthy they might have enough at receiver but history does not bode well on that and if he doesn't I wonder whether they have enough weapons.

I think division winners: New England, Cleveland, LA Chargers, Indianapolis Colts

Wildcard contenders: Chiefs, Steelers, Bills, Jets, Texans.

• Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Controversial..... I don't think the Chiefs will win the AFCW. Just think they have lost too many pieces. I do like some of their pick ups.... Clark, Ogbah, Mathieu but they have lost Houston and Berry who were leaders on that team as well as Ford and (from the start of last season) Hunt,  Hill, Conley and Ware on offense. If Sammy Watkins can stay healthy they might have enough at receiver but history does not bode well on that and if he doesn't I wonder whether they have enough weapons.

I think division winners: New England, Cleveland, LA Chargers, Indianapolis Colts

Wildcard contenders: Chiefs, Steelers, Bills, Jets, Texans.

Not controversial at all (at least to me).  I think it is unwise to expect Mahomes to pick up right where he left off, with all of these changes.  I like the Chargers as well.

I'm also not ready to hand the North to Cleveland.  Their roster may be more of the Whaley method of compiling talent, rather than the Beane method of building a team.  Time will tell.  Despite their losses I won't rule out the Stillers.  I do agree the Ravens will drop -- no better than 8-8.

28 minutes ago, eball said:

Not controversial at all (at least to me).  I think it is unwise to expect Mahomes to pick up right where he left off, with all of these changes.  I like the Chargers as well.

I'm also not ready to hand the North to Cleveland.  Their roster may be more of the Whaley method of compiling talent, rather than the Beane method of building a team.  Time will tell.  Despite their losses I won't rule out the Stillers.  I do agree the Ravens will drop -- no better than 8-8.

I don't particularly like the Steelers' chances which is why I am happier to give the AFCN to the Brownies. 10-6 could win that division IMO.

27 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

The days of Conceding the AFC-East to the Patriots are over

3 team race now

Agree. Still think this year they win the race, but I expect a race and I expect the Jets will be in there too.

Edited by GunnerBill

While the subject of this thread focuses on the season finale against the Jets, I'm eyeing the season opener.  The national media may look at the Bills@Jets game as a junior varsity match up, but I see it as critical to the Bills going 10-6.  And I do believe this team - on paper, with this schedule - has 10-6 in them.  Key to this is a split with the Jets.  But if they can sweep the Jets in that last game, it's playoffs.

What an important bookend series.  If Darnold and Allen keep growing, the national media won't be treating it like a junior varsity match up by late December.

• Like (+1) 5

4 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Calling my shot here...

I expect the Bills to be in the playoff hunt throughout the entire season and it will all come down to Week 17.    

I think the Patriots, Chargers, Colts, and Browns win their divisions this year.

That leaves the Bills, Jets, Chiefs, Broncos, Texans, and Steelers who will likely be in the Wild Card hunt at the end of the season.  I'm not going to predict who wins the Wild Card from the Chiefs, Broncos, Texans, and Steelers group, but I do think that the winner of our regular season finale grabs the last Wild Card spot. 

I think home field advantage pushes our young team over the top.  New Era Field will be rocking on December 29th.

You must mean playoffs for the Jets.  We will already be 15-0.?

I think the Steelers will barely win their division, and the Browns will be in the wild card mix with the Bills, Texans, and maybe Jets. The Chargers or Chiefs will run away with the first wild card, both of them with 11+ wins.

6 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Calling my shot here...

Dear God I hope you are right about this...

4 hours ago, njbuff said:

If the QB makes a big jump (he has the talent and work ethic to do so), then the Pats stranglehold on the division is FINALLY over.

We shall see.

As per many pundits the Patriots ahd the best Draft class in 2019, which means the Super Bowl champion became even more stronger.  I hope the Bills prove them wrong. Go Bills