What to do in Pittsburgh?

mrags

38 minutes ago, BigMcD said:

You are lucky. A buddy of mind got robbed doing the very same thing. The guy at the bar and the bartender were in cahoots apparently. 

We were staying at a nice resort. The bartender wouldn't want to lose a bucket full of cash nightly for the $12 in my pocket. But I get you, we thought long and hard. If we had been at an average place, it would have been “thanks, but no thanks”. This was a high end wedding, at a very nice place. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/30/2019 at 7:51 PM, mrags said:

Going on a trip this coming weekend in Pittsburgh. Anyone live in, near, or frequently visit that can give me some ideas of what to do? Where to go? What to see?

Ive been there before as a kid but it’s been at least 25 years since I’ve been. I have no idea what there is to do or see. Any help is appreciated. 

Thanks

Have you thought about the Rock & Roll HOF?

22 minutes ago, mrags said:

Well take an Uber from Pittsburgh to Cleveland 

Awesome! Some guy will be able to pay his rent thanks to you! 

Just hurry up, he wants to get home for dinner. 

13 hours ago, Augie said:

Awesome! Some guy will be able to pay his rent thanks to you! 

Just hurry up, he wants to get home for dinner. 

so is it worth it, returning from Pittsburgh, to slug across to I90 and up through Cleveland or take your chances with the Penn trucking roads.

A few times I've lost a lot of time in Pa when a trucking accident has shut things down.

used to have a fun time planning out the optimal route to Happy Valley for a football road trip....

Edited by row_33

On 4/30/2019 at 9:32 PM, Augie said:

There is a very cool point where the city just “appears”, and we enjoyed that. The inclines were cool too.

This was just incredible. Coming through the tunnel and over one of the bridges into the city last night. 

On 4/30/2019 at 10:07 PM, Augie said:

Wear Bills gear everywhere you go. 

Done. Last night I was getting Ed Oliver comments 

On 4/30/2019 at 10:46 PM, JR in Pittsburgh said:

Hey brother— been just swamped with work stuff and lurking around here. Hope all is well!

mrags: a few tips:

1) ride up the Duquesne incline and see the views of the city on mount washington

2) go to the strip district on Saturday morning 

5) catch a pirates game, if you can.

6) in terms of Pittsburgh food, pamela’s Pancakes, Especially get those pancakes— they are the best ever.

Doing the incline tonight I think. 

The strip we didn’t get to this morning. Still planning it tho. 

Planning on the Pirates game tonight but weather and time may dictate. 

You weren't kidding about those Pancakes. Some of the best I’ve ever had. 

• Like (+1) 4

3 minutes ago, mrags said:

This was just incredible. Coming through the tunnel and over one of the bridges into the city last night. 

Done. Last night I was getting Ed Oliver comments 

Doing the incline tonight I think. 

The strip we didn’t get to this morning. Still planning it tho. 

Planning on the Pirates game tonight but weather and time may dictate. 

You weren't kidding about those Pancakes. Some of the best I’ve ever had. 

Glad to see you're having a good time, Mr. Ags!

7 minutes ago, mead107 said:

If it was earlier in the season we had planned to go. Have a nephew in Pittsburgh. 

I’m positive mrags will thoroughly enjoy spending a few days with him. Thank you for the offer! I may drop in too, if the date works out. I’m sure your nephew will LOVE us! We are very likeable people!   ?

25 minutes ago, Augie said:

I’m positive mrags will thoroughly enjoy spending a few days with him. Thank you for the offer! I may drop in too, if the date works out. I’m sure your nephew will LOVE us! We are very likeable people!   ?

Are you going? 

8 minutes ago, mead107 said:

Are you going? 

I don’t know, the free housing might sway me!

I’m hoping to do the opener even though we will just be getting back from a long trip. I have a room booked for Nashville, and I’m hell bent on making that one. Pittsburgh is actually a long shot, but it’s on the wish list. Going a little crazy on travel this year. 

1 minute ago, Augie said:

I don’t know, the free housing might sway me!

I’m hoping to do the opener even though we will just be getting back from a long trip. I have a room booked for Nashville, and I’m hell bent on making that one. Pittsburgh is actually a long shot, but it’s on the wish list. Going a little crazy on travel this year. 

We are thinking of Cleveland. Not sure yet may not make decision till September.  

41 minutes ago, Augie said:

Yeah. It’s very nice Mead invited us to stay there even though he won’t be there 

Just now, mead107 said:

We are thinking of Cleveland. Not sure yet may not make decision till September.  

That actually sounds great too. We have a bunch of stuff up in the air. The Browns game might be more fun in a list of ways. Too many moving parts at this point. 

Where would Tommy’s daddy stay in Cleveland???