8 minutes ago, mead107 said:

Everything Mead next year. 

Meadcoins 

meadazon 

meadrobots

meadairlines

mead will be on every shelf in the grocery store 

?????????????????

Replacing the ‘Danforth’ patch on the Bills’ practice jerseys with ‘mead’?  ?

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, mead107 said:

Everything Mead next year. 

Meadcoins 

meadazon 

meadrobots

meadairlines

mead will be on every shelf in the grocery store 

?????????????????

why bother with grocery stores?

Just have meadapp to shop with a meadphone and have meadex deliver it the door

1 minute ago, /dev/null said:

why bother with grocery stores?

Just have meadapp to shop with a meadphone and have meadex deliver it the door

Mead beer 

mead wine 

mead bread 

mead yogurt 

list goes on and on and on 

One of the coolest things to do in Pittsburgh seems to be unknown to many locals - a tour of the Bayernhof Mansion. Charles B. Brown III was an eccentric millionaire that died in 1999. He willed his mansion to O’Hara Township just outside of Pittsburgh and asked that it be made into a museum open to the public.

It opened in 2004 and people were amazed at what they saw inside the Bavarian-style Mansion:

“Highlights of the house include secret passageways, 11 wet bars, a cave, an observatory, stunning views of the Allegheny river, and an indoor pool with a 10-foot waterfall...and then you add in the music machines.”

The music machines referenced are what is considered to be the world’s largest collection of self-playing instruments. Pianos, violins, horns, drums, even a banjo all come to life and play music for visitors to the museum.

The good news is that tours are just $10. The bad news is that reservations are needed 2-4 weeks in advance, so this trip may be out for you. It is definitely a must-do day trip for anyone in WNY.

Read more and see some pics here:

https://www.discovertheburgh.com/bayernhof-museum/

Edited by ChevyVanMiller
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, mead107 said:

Stop in Meadville on the way Pittsburgh for lunch

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurants-g53155-Meadville_Pennsylvania.html

Stop at any restaurant for lunch and tell them you know mead and lunch will be free. 

Just so's ya know, Meadville truly is a pit of a town..was stuck on he side of 79 there 40years ago...story for another day.

@mrags, i would not be doing Primanti's ..its aite...lots of great restaurants in Pittsburgh now, check some of those out..unless you in the strip district for lunch..then fine

As others have mentioned, Pirates games are great. Even if you don't want to go in, the streets around the stadium closed off pregame and tons of fun just in the bars.

I like the duck boat suggestion.

Cathedral Of Learning on Pitts campus is pretty cool as well..Soldiers and Sailors Memorial right there, Robert Foster Home, Carnegie Museum..all right with a block of two of each other if I remember correctly.

If you want a snack, head to the O and get you some O fries!

5 hours ago, mead107 said:

Stop in Meadville on the way Pittsburgh for lunch

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurants-g53155-Meadville_Pennsylvania.html

Stop at any restaurant for lunch and tell them you know mead and lunch will be free. 

I've been to Meadville a few times, not much to there do besides leave for Pittsburgh, Erie, or Youngstown

• Haha (+1) 2

9 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

You ain’t getting off that easy...spill it, Shortcake.  ?

A semi large group of people at the hotel that had a very different way of appreciating the ways of Jesus Christ.

On a sidenote...feel free to call me Kevin instead of Shortcake.

2 hours ago, /dev/null said:

I've been to Meadville a few times, not much to there do besides leave for Pittsburgh, Erie, or Youngstown

Outside of Presque Isle,Erie is pretty sleepy imo.I miss the Drive In that sat right before the park enterance..

We enjoy Crooked River Chili when we are down there and Yellowpike subs..can't find that in B-low.

Edited by Misterbluesky

There’s a guy on the corner of 17th Ave and Washington St that sets up a table full of authentic Rolex watches at 6:30am (and sells out at 7:15am) every Saturday morning. The trick is, you have to bring him 4 sweet rolls from that bakery over on Sullivan Ave (no raisins and I forgot the name of the bakery). But if you grab 4 sweet rolls and bring $200 cash you’ll get a real Rolex worth $1500. Great deal. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

There’s a guy on the corner of 17th Ave and Washington St that sets up a table full of authentic Rolex watches at 6:30am (and sells out at 7:15am) every Saturday morning. The trick is, you have to bring him 4 sweet rolls from that bakery over on Sullivan Ave (no raisins and I forgot the name of the bakery). But if you grab 4 sweet rolls and bring $200 cash you’ll get a real Rolex worth $1500. Great deal. 

I’m not willing to do business with anyone who discriminates against raisins. I’m pretty open to personal preference, but you have to draw the line somewhere

• Haha (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

christmas vacation GIF

46 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

You show me a Rolex for $1500 and I’ll show you someone that doesn’t know a thing about watches. 

• Like (+1) 1