What to do in Pittsburgh?

mrags

7 minutes ago, mrags said:

You show me a Rolex for $1500 and I’ll show you someone that doesn’t know a thing about watches. 

Show me where my watches are even hiding.....

But my iPhone knows the time!!! 

29 minutes ago, mrags said:

You show me a Rolex for $1500 and I’ll show you someone that doesn’t know a thing about watches. 

Not happening, but fakes are getting to the point where it is nearly impossible to tell without opening the back

Appreciate all your help and ideas guys. We will be trying to go to a Pirates game, Duquesne, Primanti Bro, Pamela’s pancakes, etc. everything else is up in the air as we go through the weekend and what we have time for.  

• Like (+1) 1

Don't get stuck driving a semi through the dead end streets of Pittsburgh on a hill.  My brother said he made a wrong turn up a one-way street with his big rig and the street just came to a dead-end.  Residential.  Vehicles parked on both sides of street, up a hill... No room to turn around.  He was shaking in his shoes as he slowly backed the trailer down the hill... His left foot trembling on the clutch with the prospect of taking out a whole line of vehicles!  A guy actually came out of his house and ground-guided him back down the hill.  I guess they don't put clear dead-end signs in Pittsburgh... LoL... Figures.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

9 hours ago, mrags said:

Appreciate all your help and ideas guys. We will be trying to go to a Pirates game, Duquesne, Primanti Bro, Pamela’s pancakes, etc. everything else is up in the air as we go through the weekend and what we have time for.  

Thought you were a watch guy!

9 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Don't get stuck driving a semi through the dead end streets of Pittsburgh on a hill.  My brother said he made a wrong turn up a one-way street with his big rig and the street just came to a dead-end.  Residential.  Vehicles parked on both sides of street, up a hill... No room to turn around.  He was shaking in his shoes as he slowly backed the trailer down the hill... His left foot trembling on the clutch with the prospect of taking out a whole line of vehicles!  A guy actually came out of his house and ground-guided him back down the hill.  I guess they don't put clear dead-end signs in Pittsburgh... LoL... Figures.

I was just coming here to post this.  Don’t drive with a semi around the city.  Hope this helps.

• Like (+1) 1

On 5/1/2019 at 6:36 AM, mead107 said:

Mead beer 

mead wine 

mead bread 

mead yogurt 

list goes on and on and on 

Mead pockets

Maybe you can check out western penitentiary... it’s shut down (again)... second oldest prison in PA and it’s right downtown.

51 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I was just coming here to post this.  Don’t drive with a semi around the city.  Hope this helps.

Sounds almost as bad as a semi on "Sweatpants Day," at work.

Edited by Gugny

On 4/30/2019 at 9:32 PM, Augie said:

We went for a wedding many years ago. Met a guy at the hotel bar and we started talking. Apparently he was a local and offered to take us for a drive to the “introduction to the city”. He even asked the bartender to confirm he was a regular and not an axe killer. The bartender vouched for him, so we went. What I should have considered was just how much the bartender’s best friend had to drink before taking us on the city tour! OOPS!  We survived! 

There is a very cool point where the city just “appears”, and we enjoyed that. The inclines were cool too.

We went to a wedding at a ski resort maybe an hour east of town last summer. Very nice, but off the track I’m sure. All I got.....

You are lucky. A buddy of mind got robbed doing the very same thing. The guy at the bar and the bartender were in cahoots apparently.