What to do in Pittsburgh?

mrags

Going on a trip this coming weekend in Pittsburgh. Anyone live in, near, or frequently visit that can give me some ideas of what to do? Where to go? What to see?

Ive been there before as a kid but it’s been at least 25 years since I’ve been. I have no idea what there is to do or see. Any help is appreciated. 

Thanks

20 minutes ago, mrags said:

Going on a trip this coming weekend in Pittsburgh. Anyone live in, near, or frequently visit that can give me some ideas of what to do? Where to go? What to see?

Ive been there before as a kid but it’s been at least 25 years since I’ve been. I have no idea what there is to do or see. Any help is appreciated. 

Thanks

Bring Jason Botterill and see if we can get a refund?

• Haha (+1) 10

I only know boring stuff to do in Pittsburgh...

Go to the Carnegie museum of natural history and art. Good dinosaur skeletons. 

Go to the arboretum behind the Carnegie museum and look at plants. 

Wander around by the waterfront. It’s a good walking city.

Go by the stadiums and eat at a sports bar. 

Go up to Grandview ave and look down on the city and get dinner. 

Go to Randyland (that’s good for about five minutes).

Find the open air market and buy food and Steelers souvenirs (I kid, I kid)

Go for a drive and see Falling Waters. 

...Boring stuff.  

We went for a wedding many years ago. Met a guy at the hotel bar and we started talking. Apparently he was a local and offered to take us for a drive to the “introduction to the city”. He even asked the bartender to confirm he was a regular and not an axe killer. The bartender vouched for him, so we went. What I should have considered was just how much the bartender’s best friend had to drink before taking us on the city tour! OOPS!  We survived! 

There is a very cool point where the city just “appears”, and we enjoyed that. The inclines were cool too.

We went to a wedding at a ski resort maybe an hour east of town last summer. Very nice, but off the track I’m sure. All I got.....

• Thank you (+1) 1

My old hometown (sort of—I grew up north of there in Jim Kelly’s neck of the woods) Depends what you’re in the mood for—to grab some drinks hit up the South Side, Mario’s is a good one; best food is Primanti Brothers (awesome awesome sandwiches); history can be had at Point state park (original British settlement fort there) as well as an authentic WW2 sub moored next to the Carnegie Science Center—very cool all around. If you have time to catch a Pirates game at PNC Park, that’s prob the best park in baseball with awesome views of the city; for best views otherwise, ride the Incline up to an overlook point on Mt. Washington, best city views period. Have a good time! 

Edited by NoHuddleKelly12
  • Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

Leave?

Just kidding, I've never been there.  If it were me I'd want to go to a Pirates game. Looks like a beautiful ballpark. 

The last time I was there I saw a arena football game and nearly ended up in a cult.The yellow bridges are freaky but intriguing.Driving down we traveled behind a Amish buggy for a good 30-40 minutes...that was taxing.

1 hour ago, Gray Beard said:

I only know boring stuff to do in Pittsburgh...

Go to the Carnegie museum of natural history and art. Good dinosaur skeletons. 

...Boring stuff.  

There are times I think you may be my brother.   I never considered it boring and the planetarium is also good, if you like that sort of thing.

11 minutes ago, Greybeard said:

There are times I think you may be my brother.   I never considered it boring and the planetarium is also good, if you like that sort of thing.

There are times I think you are the same person. So........

?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2