CBS sports 2020 mock draft and where the Bills will pick...

Dopey

We actually look to have a decent team where there will be actual competition for starting jobs instead of in the past like 18 years. This team seems to have some mojo to them and I am sure they will use this for bulletin board material and feel disrespected - as they should. We haven't won a playoff game in 24 years and went 7 years without even being in one. Players seem to want to come here now - I would think this will help amp them up and focus them on proving we aren't a bad team. 

• Like (+1) 1

I think most of these 2020 mocks are based on vegas’ sports books over under bets for each team. I believe we’re at 6.5 so there might be a couple other teams with the same O/U and even one win and you could be talking moving up 4/6 spots 

53 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Bills have sucked for two decades.... does it make sense now? 

This is a false statement.

Another year, another chance for me to ask the trolls on this site who think the Bills are a 4 win (or whatever) team to bet me $500.

No one ever steps up when I do.  Generally they crawl back under their bridge.

29 minutes ago, BobChalmers said:

Another year, another chance for me to ask the trolls on this site who think the Bills are a 4 win (or whatever) team to bet me $500.

Too low on this board, $5000 minimum...

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Dopey said:

I'm not here to tell you we are SB bound, or even a playoff team...

Well, ***** I AM.  Until proven otherwise I EXPECT this team to win the AFC this season.  Obviously that puts us in the playoffs.  Depending on how you count Kurt Warner & Carson Wentz, up to 7 teams made the Super Bowl with a 2nd year QB.  5 outright, Warner in his 2nd NFL season after being cut as a rookie by GB in camp in 1994 & years later resurfacing in St. Louis & 2 seasons ago Philadelphia winning the Super Bowl with their backup after Wentz was injured.  In fact 5 of the 7 teams WON the Super Bowl, so not only am I expecting the Bills to get there, I expect them to win it.  I'm not joking, I'm dead serious, Buffalo's Going To The Super Bowl! 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, BobChalmers said:

Very rarely does anyone view the Bills as a 4 win team, so I don't know who these people are. 

Winning 6 games every year IS sucking. I'm starting to see some good things happening and have shifted to cautiously optimistic, but let's not re-write history.

WalterFootball has the Bills picking 9th again in their 2020 Mock Draft, picking Colorado WR Laviska Shenault.     They also have a 2021 Mock Draft where they have the Bills picking 14th and taking Oregon RB CJ Verdell.  A side note on that one. They say Aaron Rodgers is injured before the season and Green Bay ends up picking first and drafts QB Trevor Lawrence.

2 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...so far, three 2020 mocks have Bflo picking 6th, 4th and 5th......somebody wisely posted that it is tied to Vegas SB odds only.....makes sense to me....

Hard to bet against Vegas.

To those that don’t follow football, we’re a meh team from a meh market.  This is what you get until you start winning.  

That being said.... 4th!?  So let me get this straight... 5 spots worse than a year where we had a rookie QB (who only played half the games), surrounded by potentially the worst collection of Offensive Talent in the NFL.  

We replaced 4 of 5 OL starters as well as replaced the OL depth.  On paper, this is a potential top 10 OL.  

Brought 3 new RBs, 3 new WRs and 2-3 new TE’s, all of which would be considered to have improved each respective unit.  

We improved Special Teams and added one of the best KR/PR’s in the league.  

Our lone bright spot - The Defense, was upgraded at DT and in the Secondary.  

So unless this is factoring in a trade up..... **** outta here CBS.  

Edited by SCBills