How do you feel about the Bills right now in 2019?

How do you feel about the Bills in 2019?  

210 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about the Bills right now in 2019?

• Extremely Optimistic
    • Cautiously Optimistic
    • Neither Optimistic or Pessimistic
    • Somewhat Pessimistic
    • Very down on the team. Just get the #1 pick in 2020

11 hours ago, BuffaloBillies said:

Gotta start fast.

Can't have press conferences saying "We've got to get better"... they already need to BE better coming out of camp/pre-season.

Win 2 @ Met Life and go from there. We'll learn a lot week 1.

They have a very favorable schedule this year.

• Mia x2, Jets x2, Giants, Redskins, Bengals, Titans, Denver "should" all be winnable games.
  • Dallas, Baltimore are crap shoots, but on paper I like our chances
  • NE x2, Pitt, Philly, Cleve will be tough ones

Travel schedule could not be better.

• Nothing West of Dallas
  • At home, in their own beds from Oct 6 to Nov 16 (minus one quick trip to Cleveland)

Go Bills

I wouldn’t expect a fast start , 

Well probably have  4 new starters on the OL we have 2 new WR’s/ TE’s , it will take time for the OL to Jel and for WR’s to get on the same page with J Allen , that doesn’t happen over night ,, 

I’m just hoping that we’ll have our OL set and ready to go on week one , IMO if we can have our offense come together and start clicking by week 4 well be in good shape , on the defensive side of the ball I think will be good from week one , 

12 hours ago, bigK14094 said:

To many new folks, to many moving parts, to many unproven guys.   8-8 would be a surprise to me....7-9 or 6-10 are probabile.  I would ,however, think 6-10 would be a disappointment.  If the D works out  (the Bills best chance btw), they could win 8 though.  Stability in the D now, with Fraser and company in the 3d year.

Brendan? You're thinking of School Ties.

I think the OL is solid but the weapons are still slightly below average. The defense is set although I'd like to see them add a pass rusher. 

Josh's development will be the difference between 8 wins and 10.

12 hours ago, hemma said:

I'm making a conscious effort to only be Cautiously Optimistic, but I can't help myself.

Extremely.

"Hope is a dangerous thing." We need a rock hammer!

The weakest area of the Buffalo Bills defense last season was their inability to stop the run in several games. The Colts, the Patriots games come to mind. While I like Oliver he is a smaller, faster perpetrator and not that big bodied run stuffer like a Pat Williams was in Buffalo.

week one @Jets... Didn't fix their O line, still Le'Veon Bell at RB. Bills need to improve run defense.

week two@Giants...No more ODB, But The Giants have one of the very best RB in the NFL.

The Bills need to shore up that run defense better then Star, Oliver, Phillips. Perhaps sign Suh, or a trade late round pick for Gerald McCoy? The Bills run defense worries me.

• Like (+1) 1

I'm so excited, and I just can't hide it 
I'm about to lose control and I think I like it 

13 hours ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

best I have felt in years and have an even better feeling, I wont be let down.

let the games begin.

edit: waiting for someone to choose the 4th option

Ohhh  It will happen  I guarantee   Even if its just to troll.    I'd rather this have been a public poll  

The Bills have improved on paper but they have to demonstrate that improvement on the field.  I'm not sure that they are good enough to win 9 games much less more.  

• The Bills had to essentially start from scratch with both the OL and the WRs because those units were so lacking in talent in 2018, and the FA signings for both units were decent but not exceptional.  Morse is the best FA signing. 
  • The success of the Bills offense entirely hinges on how much progress Josh Allen makes.   He will undoubted make some progress but will that progress be Jared Goff-2017-like or Mitch Trubisky-2018-like or Ryan Tannehill-2012-like?  I think that the Bills only hope for winning 9 or more games is for Allen to have a Goff-like improvement.   More likely, he won't reach that level in 2019 -- he has a lot to master because he was pretty raw last season.
  • While the Bills defense was statistically impressive last season, on the field, they were actually much less so.  They didn't seem to be particularly good at stopping teams inside the Red Zone, and as another poster noted, they seemed to get pushed around in the run game.  They also weren't all that effective in harassing passers.  They have to do better. 
  • McDermott did a barely adequate job as HC in 2018 but I'm not sure that he and his staff is good enough.  The handling of the QB situation last season was simply awful.  It endangered the Bills big investment in Allen, and it probably cost the Bills a couple of wins.   In McDermott's first season, I criticized him because he seemed to value demeanor and attitude more than talent, and my view of him hasn't changed.  Just because a player doesn't fit a particular mold doesn't mean that he isn't dedicated to football and winning, and just because a player tries hard doesn't mean he can be successful in the NFL as Nathan Peterman demonstrated.   I also have not been impressed with McDermott's assistant coaches, particularly on the offensive side.

• Haha (+1) 1

I'm thinking this is the year Brady retires at halftime on a stretcher courtesy of Ed Oliverlanche.  The Bills win the AFC East and go on to the Super Bowl for their first ever championship win.  The end.

no less than 9-7 but expecting 10-6.....maybe even better.  imo the whole key to this season lies with brian dabol.  we finally have an oc that isn't stuck with his own ego/plan and will game plan for each opponent and get the players in place to succeed. he also has an oline coach that he's on the same page with.

i hear a lot of callers on the radio complaining about the receiving corp. i'm assuming they are the ones that were pounding the table for dk.

with brown / beasley / jones / duke / foster along with kroft and knox, that looks like a solid group to me. i also see sills eventually helping. i believe dabol is gonna come out firing. our run game should also be top 5. special teams should also take a leap ahead.

if they can gel together a starting 5 oline before preseason starts, we could be a very hard team to stop.

Edited by billsredneck1

it's healing to see about 2/3,  like me,  are cautiously optimist

i'll try to keep it in mind when the dingbats and stupid ***** act like dingbats and stupid ***** all year long on here....