Steve Tasker belongs in the Hall of Fame

HOUSE

21 minutes ago, Codyny13 said:

In the hall, but not on the radio. He’s the worst.

Cant blame him for doing it though to milk that Bills legend status. 

I’m sure he’s ok, but not set for life like some of the others from that era and almost all of them today that last a few seasons 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

13 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Cant blame him for doing it though to milk that Bills legend status. 

Which is exactly the blueprint marginal HOF candidates use to stay in the public eye.   

Don't underestimate the power of familiarity when it comes to a popularity contest...

• Like (+1) 1

He was fearless, a hard hitter, elusive when kick returning, sure handed, and a leader on teams. In short, he changed the course of many games during the glory years, either lengthening the field for the opposition or shortening it for the Bills. 

Once he got his chance to receive, Kelly knew when he threw to him, that he was going to make the tough catches. 

He should go in for teams alone. 

He is painful to listen to sometimes, but he's sincere and does his best.

I think it would be cool if he got in to the hall as a special teamer. It's the consensus around the league that he's the best there ever was. He went to a boat load of pro bowls, which is the biggest case in his favor. I'm just not sure if he ever will.

29 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

Tasker was special on special teams.

But it's... special teams - only a few plays a game.

I'd love to see him get in because he was a great Bill but I'm not convinced he deserves it.  

Just so you know, how he played those "only a few plays a game" changed the outcome of many games for the SB teams.

Coaches like Parcells have often said that he was the only special teams guy that they ever game planned for. Simply put the Bills do not make it to 4 SBs in a row without Steve Tasker. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, skibum said:

Can we please stop with this? It's ridiculous. I love the guy, but the Bills' Wall of Fame is as far as it goes for Tasker. 

A little reading to help with your Bills education. Pay attention to the other players they've selected for their team for the ages. Everyone on that list is either a current or future HOFer

https://www.profootballweekly.com/2018/08/29/team-for-the-ages-steve-tasker/aoj8sc8/

1 hour ago, skibum said:

Can we please stop with this? It's ridiculous. I love the guy, but the Bills' Wall of Fame is as far as it goes for Tasker. 

Not a chance I will ever stop. Be belongs in the HOF. Best of all time in ST.

He will get there eventually.

• Like (+1) 4