Shaq Lawson Option decision week. What do you do?

17 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

A run stopping DE is not valuable in the NFL and is indeed easy to replace. I do not think they will be striving to replace him with that though. They want a DE who can affect the QB if they are going to pay that. Which is why the 5th year amount doesn’t fit the player. 

He did effect the QB last year more than in the past.

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Those guys are worth that. I would rather play 20 mill for one of those than have 2 Shaqs for that amount. The best course of action is to draft one of course who turns into the 20 mill guy but you had him cheap first for 4-5 years. But right now while Allen is on his rookie deal, I would rather take the 20 mill/yr pass rusher. 

Im not against that either, people just need to understand that.  I was responding to someone saying hes worth 5 mil and that just isnt accurate.

Edited by formerlyofCtown
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

He had a better year, and that might continue, but it still wasn’t the standard the team needs at that position. 

Id love to have an upgrade at that position.  We have one if Murphy can stay healthy, but I do believe he will make them regret not picking up that option.

1 hour ago, Woodman19 said:

It's simple, if you overpay to keep mediocre players because you don't want to be ruthless with roster management then you soon wont have any cap space to keep good players.

Or, check this out, you cut him before the new league year starts, ala Texans and Kevin Johnson and you arent on the hook.

So you really dont have much to lose, but thanks for making it simple for me.