Out of Nowhere...I agree with Mel Kiper (take on Allen)

11 minutes ago, elroy16 said:

A bit off topic, but I didn't want to start a new thread. I'd seen the end of this video where he says he's going to enter the draft, but not the first part. 

She asks him what the MVP trophy means to him and he immediately starts talking about the team success and how he couldn't have done it without his teammates and scout team. I freaking love this kids attitude. 

Back on topic, McShay's, "there's no way you watch every snap of the Bills." is so obnoxious. With cutups, he could probably knock that out in a day. It might not be in depth, but he could get a good idea of what Allen is about. 

It wouldn't even take a day.  Half a day.  More specifically, Allen had 320 passing attempts and 89 rush attempts, which one wants to watch also to look at his decision making outside designed runs.  At a max of 30s per play, that's like 3 1/2 hrs.

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, SCBills said:

Good for Mel.. ESPN NFL analysts are an absolute joke.  They follow about 8 teams, that’s it.  Then make proclamations based on box scores for everyone else apparently. 

Its not surprising to me that NFLN analysts all seem to like Allen... (Spoiler Alert) They actually have watched him play. 

Every year at least one or two have to say the jets

And.....every year....the jets are picking before the bills in the draft.  

1 hour ago, elroy16 said:

A bit off topic, but I didn't want to start a new thread. I'd seen the end of this video where he says he's going to enter the draft, but not the first part. 

She asks him what the MVP trophy means to him and he immediately starts talking about the team success and how he couldn't have done it without his teammates and scout team. I freaking love this kids attitude. 

Back on topic, McShay's, "there's no way you watch every snap of the Bills." is so obnoxious. With cutups, he could probably knock that out in a day. It might not be in depth, but he could get a good idea of what Allen is about. 

He's the best. He's not a primadonna and he always puts the team success first. Such a humble guy imo. He's confident in his game, but he does understand how important it is to see it as a team game. You can tell that he genuinely loves him teammates and really just wants to do everything to win. Maybe I've been drinking too much kool aid, but something special is happening here and we have a great opportunity to experience all of it. 

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, MJS said:

Who's that joke of an analyst cracking jokes the whole time while Kiper is talking. "There's no way you watched every snap of the Buffalo Bills!"

Isn't that your job? To watch the NFL and be informed about every player and every team? These young "analysts" don't analyze a thing. They watch Sunday night football and call it good. All they do is look at box scores and then they are telling US who is good and who is bad? Preposterous.

I don’t think that knowing about every player is a core component of their job description 

broad strokes across the board, sure.

49 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

I don’t think that knowing about every player is a core component of their job description 

broad strokes across the board, sure.

Every starting QB for sure.