Out of Nowhere...I agree with Mel Kiper (take on Allen)

Good for Mel.. ESPN NFL analysts are an absolute joke.  They follow about 8 teams, that’s it.  Then make proclamations based on box scores for everyone else apparently. 

Its not surprising to me that NFLN analysts all seem to like Allen... (Spoiler Alert) They actually have watched him play. 

• Like (+1) 4

1 hour ago, Threedollabills said:

Gotta love this defence of Josh Allen by, of all people, Mel Kiper. I hope his praise doesn't jinx us! 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXh0Wh67OeY at 33:31 copy paste in youtube if link fails

You can actually link directly to specific timestamps in YouTube vids. Check me out...

https://youtu.be/BXh0Wh67OeY?t=2011

tenor.gif

• Like (+1) 5

Who's that joke of an analyst cracking jokes the whole time while Kiper is talking. "There's no way you watched every snap of the Buffalo Bills!"

Isn't that your job? To watch the NFL and be informed about every player and every team? These young "analysts" don't analyze a thing. They watch Sunday night football and call it good. All they do is look at box scores and then they are telling US who is good and who is bad? Preposterous.

Edited by MJS
  • Like (+1) 7

7 minutes ago, MJS said:

Who's that joke of an analyst cracking jokes the whole time while Kiper is talking. "There's no way you watched every snap of the Buffalo Bills!"

Isn't that your job? To watch the NFL and be informed about every player and every team? These young "analysts" don't analyze a thing. They watch Sunday night football and call it good. All they do is look at box scores and then they are telling US who is good and who is bad? Preposterous. So disrespectful.

McShay.  He doesn’t even have to try to look like a douche.  It’s just they way he looks.

• Like (+1) 4

That panel was a bucket of turds. Kiper has never been my favourite, but he was surrounded by asshats.

all of the above is true.... until they fall in line with my perception of Josh Allen. Then they will be fine, upstanding members of the national sports media.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MJS said:

Isn't that your job? To watch the NFL and be informed about every player and every team? These young "analysts" don't analyze a thing. They watch Sunday night football and call it good. All they do is look at box scores and then they are telling US who is good and who is bad? Preposterous. So disrespectful.

Pump the brakes a little here...

McShay's literal job is to act as a foil for Kiper. He is supposed to needle Mel and challenge his assertions. Sometimes it's even funny. But they both do their homework on hundreds of prospects. Neither is an idiot, although of course McShay's role has him being quite smug at times next to Kiper's sincere, sometimes flawed, evaluations. 

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Threedollabills said:

Gotta love this defence of Josh Allen by, of all people, Mel Kiper. I hope his praise doesn't jinx us! 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXh0Wh67OeY at 33:31 copy paste in youtube if link fails

i tried to post this last night but didnt want to put up the whole video.

it is nice to hear good about Allen and the Bills. Seems like we are finally getting national respect.

5 hours ago, SCBills said:

Good for Mel.. ESPN NFL analysts are an absolute joke.  They follow about 8 teams, that’s it.  Then make proclamations based on box scores for everyone else apparently. 

Its not surprising to me that NFLN analysts all seem to like Allen... (Spoiler Alert) They actually have watched him play. 

mel said he watched EVERY SNAP of the Buffalo Bills and said it again when McShay mocked him.

• Like (+1) 3

I've never felt before that Kiper paid enough attention to the actual NFL, and the various teams needs. Seems as though he took some time to watch the Bills last year, after all.

He was on the money when he talked about back to back penalties, drops etc. and it was obvious that he had at least watched a couple of games, as he was pretty much doing a play by play.

It's also true that what he says about not having to like one and hate another, is the way things should be, but mostly aren't.

• Like (+1) 4