Official: WGR 6am crew as bad as 3pm

1 minute ago, Rockpile233 said:

I love wgr. I can see not liking it if you’re a table pounding homer or want long segments on x’s and o’s.

Howard and Jeremy picked 10-6 and playoffs for the Bills this morning. Not sure why everyone parrots that they are ultra negative.

I like them as well. Homer radio is the worst (One Bills Live) 

5 hours ago, GimmeSomeProcess said:

I’m a sales rep and I’m in my car all day and love these guys. Yes , I disagree with what they saying at times but mostly they are entertaining. If they have horrible takes i turn the channel and come back later. The programming between 10-3 is tough to stomach cause they are boring as hell. 

Totally agree. I tolerate One Bills Live, and cannot stand Instigators ?!! Like the Meat Draft, Band Draft, Candy Draft's etc...they are epic. Also will never forget a long rant that Thom Chich (old producer) and Bulldog went on about spaghetti that was just hilarious!!

2 minutes ago, Rockpile233 said:

I love wgr. I can see not liking it if you’re a table pounding homer or want long segments on x’s and o’s.

Howard and Jeremy picked 10-6 and playoffs for the Bills this morning. Not sure why everyone parrots that they are ultra negative.

I am not sure the problem is the negativity as much as the condescension and self-righteousness. 

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, Dougy84 said:

Totally agree. I tolerate One Bills Live, and cannot stand Instigators ?!! Like the Meat Draft, Band Draft, Candy Draft's etc...they are epic. Also will never forget a long rant that Thom Chich (old producer) and Bulldog went on about spaghetti that was just hilarious!!

Did you catch Schopp’s bit on cauliflower before round 1 of the draft?  So funny 

Edited by FluffHead

15 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

I tried.  I said, I'm going to listen to the first hour this am.  I'm excited about the draft.  Football is getting close......

Awful.  Just awful.  

The main takeaway from JW was "the Bills seem to think they can beat the draft.  And why no WR?  They just don't seem to believe in making the position a priority."

Then, JW, who clearly was far too distracted by GOT, suddenly recalled "well strike that.  They did try to get AB." 

Yes morons.  They did.  And were connected to AJ Green.  And since you can't get elite WRs at the Elite WR Store, we "settled" on John Brown, Cole Beasley, and the guy from the CFL.  And maybe, just maybe the guys that know QB better than you (they clearly are not over how wrong they were on Rosen.....you can taste the salt over the airwaves they were so mad about Steve Smith's rant) know something about how deep next year's WR class vs this one that these 2 didn't seem to acknowledge went into Beane's planning, so he didn't want to "reach" this year. 

Also fellas, we signed that Sills kid.  Which the first caller brought up.  Neither of them ever heard of.  And downplayed it.  That UFDAs are not going to make it.  It's rare they do we get it.  But the Sills story is different.  They spent 15 secs

on it and immediately went to what they clearly are frothing at the mouth hoping will happen---this has to be it for Josh Allen right?  No more excuses!  Awesome.  You just told us our WRs and RBs are trash.  But now its "no more excuses."  Interesting.  

Not going to listen to them over evaluate every freaking pass this season.    

And Howard concurred with all of it.  Obviously.  The first 2 rounds broke beautifully for us....they're complaining about not trading back.  Or up.  I couldn't tell.  Good God.  

Their tone of skepticism, sarcasm (we wanted big people, other 'smarter' teams are getting faster), and complaints about the Bills thinking they know more than everyone else (they didn't understand the RB pick....in the 4th round it was apparently ok...but not the 3rd.)   When did New England draft Sony Michel?  Where was McCaffery drafted?  Kareem Hunt?  Chubb?  Whatever.  

It's just pathetic.  Buffalo deserves better than this garbage.  

Meanwhile here in DC they are over the moon with their draft.  If there is any media/fan base that should be skeptical of their team, my God it's this one.  

So for me...only going to be Sal segments and the occasional interview with the GMs.  I get better info and entertainment on boards like this than guys that get paid to fake it, troll, or just be miserable 3 or 4 hours a day.  

Sad a major part of my childhood that added to my level of fan hood (local sports radio) is just one giant slate of misery.*

*worth noting.  JW is Captain Tank.  No wonder he thinks about the Sabres 24/7.  Guilt perhaps?  He clearly isn't paying attention to the Bills or at least taking them seriously.  While national guys that do, are.  

This post just could not be more wrong

The main takeaway from JW was "the Bills seem to think they can beat the draft. 

It has been shown with emperical data, the more picks you have,t he better chance you have in the draft. The Bills are the only team in the last three years that consistently trade up to get guys..that is trying to beat the draft. Not a hard concept to follow.

Also fellas, we signed that Sills kid.  Which the first caller brought up.  Neither of them ever heard of.  And downplayed it.  That UFDAs are not going to make it.  It's rare they do we get it.  But the Sills story is different.  They spent 15 secs

There is a reason he went undrafted, and if you listened maybe a bit more you would understand the reason why. Yesterday Sal clearly stated Sills was just awful, and I mean awful against press at the Senior bowl....the thinking is the numbers at WVU system produced. 

Hahaha hilarious...it is actually super versatile! You can use it to make a crust for a pizza, cook it up as a rice for like fried rice, etc! 1 overall is an absolute reach tho. That's the Jamarcus Russel of the food draft

7 minutes ago, FluffHead said:

I like them as well. Homer radio is the worst (One Bills Live) 

So homer radio ultimately is being ingrained in a certain point of view regardless of facts, or always giving the benefit of the doubt one way, even when it isn't warranted, in my opinion. That's what WGR does whenever I hear them, just tobthe negative side...it's all click bait...granted I only listen to the pre and post games, but I can't imagine it changes...they're all just gas bags trying to fill air apace relying on callers to do their jobs for them.

Makes me think of what my man Leo says:

I'm needing less restraint before 
I'm needing to hit the lights and close the door 
I'm fine, I'm fine cause I'm... 

Dripping in this strange design 
None is yours and far less mine 
Hold the wheel, read the sign 
Keep the tires off the line 
Just relax, you're doing fine 
Swimming in this real thing I call life 
Can I bring a few companions on this ride? 

I'm feeling, my heart's not beating anymore 
I'm feeling. it's alright, this happened once before 
I'm fine, I'm fine cause I'm... 

Dripping in this strange design

53 minutes ago, metzelaars_lives said:

Nice, I'll check it out!  Have you heard of Alex Jones?  He's a good one too- no FAKE NEWS there.  They banned him from youtube though because the deep state was fearful that people would find out the truth.

OFC I have, dude is crazy funny to watch on Joe Rogan podcast.  He's like the crazy uncle I never had...

45 minutes ago, Rockpile233 said:

I'm in the same boat as you.  Just a buncha whiners in Buffalo I think.

4 minutes ago, metzelaars_lives said:

So glad to know that there are other deplorable Christian patriots on here that care about FACTS that only Trump and Hannity give us and not the FAKE NEWS that NBC, CBS, ABC, MSNBC, CNN and every other major media outlet in the country are always putting out there! 

sounds like a great one-man crusade for the PPP subforum.

I don't mind the WGR guys really. They're idiots but they seem pretty passionate. Bulldog was saying he was so nervous we were going to trade up in the first round that he went to a bar on his own rather than a party he'd been invited to. 

There are plenty of places to listen to more level headed takes, like the Bills locked on podcast. Then you have the homer stuff on One Bills Live. I like the other guys on WGR because they at least say when they think something is a mistake or that the team is bad. They're jerks but they seem wrong most of the time so I don't care if they predict doom and gloom. 

The thing that does annoy me is when they're unnecessarily rude to callers. Quite often someone will call in and give a reasonable opinion and they'll shut them down and then hang up. They spend all that time urging callers to phone in and get involved, only to take a ***** on them when they do. 

I quite like Nate Geary. 

16 hours ago, Dougy84 said:

I can't believe how in the minority I am. I eat sleep and breathe Howard, Jeremy, Schopp and Bulldog!! It's my go to on the ride in and ride home. I especially appreciate the random tangents they get on (especially Schopp and BD) and think it's all wonderful. No I'm not employed by Wgr, just a big fan!

...I see what you did there! :D 

For an out of towner like myself, streaming OBL with Murph and Tasker during the noon hour is a welcome bit of Billsy propaganda in my day, and they do land the most notable guests, unsurprisingly. I know what I'm getting with them, and I'm good with that. As for the rest, I'll occasionally tune them in, but there's only so much Bulldog I can handle before I need to change the channel--and the morning crew in particular is too much hockey at the expense of the Bills, imho. 

Oh, and I have to say I really like the segments with Coach Sal. Never used to like him back when he posted on forums and stuff and it took me a while to warm to him but he's actually very knowledgeable and doesn't constantly kiss the collective team's ass like Murphy and Chris Brown etc.