Official: WGR 6am crew as bad as 3pm

55 minutes ago, 1997WS6 said:

I can't even listen to WGR anymore.  They're nothing but negative and they HATE the callers that call in.  I work in sales, and if we had employees treating customers the way they do at GR, we'd let them go.

except their job isn't to sell to the callers...it's to sell to the listeners..who seem to lap up their BS and make nearly constant threads about them

I’m really in awe that people still listen to them.  You do realize, if no one listens to them, they will be replaced.....right?

3 hours ago, Dougy84 said:

I can't believe how in the minority I am. I eat sleep and breathe Howard, Jeremy, Schopp and Bulldog!! It's my go to on the ride in and ride home. I especially appreciate the random tangents they get on (especially Schopp and BD) and think it's all wonderful. No I'm not employed by Wgr, just a big fan!

Do you do the Dougy?  I want to watch you do the Dougy 

1 hour ago, Bills!Win! said:

I prefer Howard and Jeremy because they are very relatable. I listen to the podcast of the morning show most days but can only handle 2 hours then it gets repetitive.

Mike Schopp always sounds miserable and is always sarcastic to callers. Chris Parker is good though 

You enjoy listening to miserable people huh?  He’s not sarcastic to callers.  He’s just an idiot.  I don’t get it

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, 1997WS6 said:

I can't even listen to WGR anymore.  They're nothing but negative and they HATE the callers that call in.  I work in sales, and if we had employees treating customers the way they do at GR, we'd let them go.

Because there are unfortunately people that listen to them.  Why???  No clue

• Like (+1) 1

White is a smart, witty guy in a general way. He's sharp. But, like Mike Schoop, who is also bright, he has arbitrary and uncompromisingly progressive approaches to NFL team-building that don't always align with reality. Schoop, in particular, refuses to temper his desk-jockey, fantasy-fueled infatuation with stats and analytics. He completely dismisses the complex human components of roster building and development. Which doesn't work with football, in my opinion. Measurable talent and past production are important, but there are so many variables, and so many reasons why some players progress and others don't, and why some teams persist while others unravel. 

Howard is a nice guy but doesn't seem to have any expertise about sports or Buffalo teams in particular. He might have at some point. But Jeremy carries him. If we were in a Mets market he'd be better suited. 

The guys they interview and bring in are worthwhile: Paul Hamilton is a snore but knows hockey. Sal C and Joe B offer better insight on the Bills and the NFL landscape in general than any of the hosts.

• Like (+1) 5

8 hours ago, The Bills Blog said:

Jeremy White thinks he's really smart. It's cute.

As do a lot of people on the internet, especially these forums.  So many GR haters on these forums wanting confirmation bias content on the radio as well, my goodness. You have Murph and Tasker to fill the homer ache in your hearts, that should be enough.

The reason these "morons" still have radio shows is because more people listen to them than not, pretty simple...  

9 hours ago, Dougy84 said:

I can't believe how in the minority I am. I eat sleep and breathe Howard, Jeremy, Schopp and Bulldog!! It's my go to on the ride in and ride home. I especially appreciate the random tangents they get on (especially Schopp and BD) and think it's all wonderful. No I'm not employed by Wgr, just a big fan!

I’m a sales rep and I’m in my car all day and love these guys. Yes , I disagree with what they saying at times but mostly they are entertaining. If they have horrible takes i turn the channel and come back later. The programming between 10-3 is tough to stomach cause they are boring as hell. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, HuSeYiN_NYC said:

Ever since I found out there was this thing called a AUX cable where I can connect my phone and watch YouTube, Netflix, etc. in my car, I don't remember the last time listening to radio...

I sure as hell hope that's not while you are driving... ?

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

*worth noting.  JW is Captain Tank.  No wonder he thinks about the Sabres 24/7.  Guilt perhaps?  He clearly isn't paying attention to the Bills or at least taking them seriously.  While national guys that do, are.  

this is why i only listen to onebillslive.  everything else is sabressabressabres  bla,bla, f...ing bla.  then of course the day after the draft the instigators can't give up any time.

how bote dat eh?

9 hours ago, njbuff said:

In today's new social media world..................

listening to sports talk radio is an utter waste of time. These people's opinions, I have learned over the years, literally mean NOTHING.

You or I are much smarter than any of these hosts when it comes to the NFL (or any sport we like).

And that right there is the entire premise of the Dan Le Batard Show w/ Stugotz

You might actually get the show!

Seriously, if you listen to Le Batard Show with that in mind you're in on the inside joke and will get it.

I like the morning guys. They each have their opinions, but they do their best to be respectful of others. Not always easy with some of the callers they get.

The afternoon guys to me seem very condescending to callers. Almost like they are annoyed  that someone would have the gall to bother them. I have never called into a radio show. Probably never will, but I would never call the afternoon show.

I listened to them briefly this morning & could not agree more with the Big Blitz.  Usually listen to Sirius sports talk on one of the sports channels going into work but decided to flip on GR to see what the guys had to say about the draft.  Big mistake.  They dismissed Sills really quick, saying they had no chance of making the team.  Obviously they never seen the kid play.  This kid knows how to get open & knows how to find the end zone.   I am not going to say he definitely makes the team but to dismiss before even mini camp is moronic.  Howard said that the Pats/Cleve/Indy/SD/KC will definitely have a better record than us & Houston probably so there goes the playoffs.  Simon has turned into a hack, he treats the Sabres with kid gloves & treats the Bills like sh*t.  Anybody that has followed these two teams know the Bills are light years ahead in their development compared to the Sabres who are an absolute joke.  I don't know, my fault for listening to them this morning I guess.  

• Like (+1) 1