Official: WGR 6am crew as bad as 3pm

I tried.  I said, I'm going to listen to the first hour this am.  I'm excited about the draft.  Football is getting close......

Awful.  Just awful.  

The main takeaway from JW was "the Bills seem to think they can beat the draft.  And why no WR?  They just don't seem to believe in making the position a priority."

Then, JW, who clearly was far too distracted by GOT, suddenly recalled "well strike that.  They did try to get AB." 

Yes morons.  They did.  And were connected to AJ Green.  And since you can't get elite WRs at the Elite WR Store, we "settled" on John Brown, Cole Beasley, and the guy from the CFL.  And maybe, just maybe the guys that know QB better than you (they clearly are not over how wrong they were on Rosen.....you can taste the salt over the airwaves they were so mad about Steve Smith's rant) know something about how deep next year's WR class vs this one that these 2 didn't seem to acknowledge went into Beane's planning, so he didn't want to "reach" this year. 

Also fellas, we signed that Sills kid.  Which the first caller brought up.  Neither of them ever heard of.  And downplayed it.  That UFDAs are not going to make it.  It's rare they do we get it.  But the Sills story is different.  They spent 15 secs on it and immediately went to what they clearly are frothing at the mouth hoping will happen---this has to be it for Josh Allen right?  No more excuses!  Awesome.  You just told us our WRs and RBs are trash.  But now its "no more excuses."  Interesting.  

Not going to listen to them over evaluate every freaking pass this season.    

And Howard concurred with all of it.  Obviously.  The first 2 rounds broke beautifully for us....they're complaining about not trading back.  Or up.  I couldn't tell.  Good God.  

Their tone of skepticism, sarcasm (we wanted big people, other 'smarter' teams are getting faster), and complaints about the Bills thinking they know more than everyone else (they didn't understand the RB pick....in the 4th round it was apparently ok...but not the 3rd.)   When did New England draft Sony Michel?  Where was McCaffery drafted?  Kareem Hunt?  Chubb?  Whatever.  

It's just pathetic.  Buffalo deserves better than this garbage.  

Meanwhile here in DC they are over the moon with their draft.  If there is any media/fan base that should be skeptical of their team, my God it's this one.  

So for me...only going to be Sal segments and the occasional interview with the GMs.  I get better info and entertainment on boards like this than guys that get paid to fake it, troll, or just be miserable 3 or 4 hours a day.  

Sad a major part of my childhood that added to my level of fan hood (local sports radio) is just one giant slate of misery.*

*worth noting.  JW is Captain Tank.  No wonder he thinks about the Sabres 24/7.  Guilt perhaps?  He clearly isn't paying attention to the Bills or at least taking them seriously.  While national guys that do, are.  

• Like (+1) 3

There are radio hosts like them in every NFL city.. I don’t listen to the actual radio broadcasts anymore.  I just look at the latest audio on the app and listen to interviews and things like that.   Also started listening to Locked On Bills podcast from Joe Marino.  He does a good job. 

• Like (+1) 1

I do object to the bigger not faster point. Ed Oliver is a modern day player in every way imaginable. Same goes for Knox and V. Joseph. The only pick I didn’t really agree with too much was singletary. They reached a bit there and the positional value says they could have waited. 

I can't believe how in the minority I am. I eat sleep and breathe Howard, Jeremy, Schopp and Bulldog!! It's my go to on the ride in and ride home. I especially appreciate the random tangents they get on (especially Schopp and BD) and think it's all wonderful. No I'm not employed by Wgr, just a big fan!

• Haha (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Dougy84 said:

I can't believe how in the minority I am. I eat sleep and breathe Howard, Jeremy, Schopp and Bulldog!! It's my go to on the ride in and ride home. I especially appreciate the random tangents they get on (especially Schopp and BD) and think it's all wonderful. No I'm not employed by Wgr, just a big fan!

It’s on in my truck most mornings on the way in and in the afternoon on the way home. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again Sal C is the best on air talent at wgr. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

In today's new social media world..................

listening to sports talk radio is an utter waste of time. These people's opinions, I have learned over the years, literally mean NOTHING.

You or I are much smarter than any of these hosts when it comes to the NFL (or any sport we like).

I actually like the 3PM show quite a bit.  I love Mike Schopp.  I know a lot of people don't, but I find his opinions to be unique and for the most part very honest.  He's the exact opposite of a homer, which I think is refreshing.  Bulldog is okay, he's much better as Schopp's sidekick, than he is when he has to host on his own (which can sometimes be brutal to listen to.

Jeremey White is awful, IMO.  I think he's tried to carve out the same niche as Mike.....but it just doesnt work for him.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I remember one day where they spent almost the entire show talking about how Jack Eichel was playing on the wrong side on the Sabres powerplay......take what they say with a grain of salt Howard is ok and Jeremy thinks he should be GM and can’t figure why the Bills haven’t called him yet 

1 hour ago, Big Blitz said:

I tried.  I said, I'm going to listen to the first hour this am.  I'm excited about the draft.  Football is getting close......

Awful.  Just awful.  

The main takeaway from JW was "the Bills seem to think they can beat the draft.  And why no WR?  They just don't seem to believe in making the position a priority."

Then, JW, who clearly was far too distracted by GOT, suddenly recalled "well strike that.  They did try to get AB." 

Yes morons.  They did.  And were connected to AJ Green.  And since you can't get elite WRs at the Elite WR Store, we "settled" on John Brown, Cole Beasley, and the guy from the CFL.  And maybe, just maybe the guys that know QB better than you (they clearly are not over how wrong they were on Rosen.....you can taste the salt over the airwaves they were so mad about Steve Smith's rant) know something about how deep next year's WR class vs this one that these 2 didn't seem to acknowledge went into Beane's planning, so he didn't want to "reach" this year. 

Also fellas, we signed that Sills kid.  Which the first caller brought up.  Neither of them ever heard of.  And downplayed it.  That UFDAs are not going to make it.  It's rare they do we get it.  But the Sills story is different.  They spent 15 secs on it and immediately went to what they clearly are frothing at the mouth hoping will happen---this has to be it for Josh Allen right?  No more excuses!  Awesome.  You just told us our WRs and RBs are trash.  But now its "no more excuses."  Interesting.  

Not going to listen to them over evaluate every freaking pass this season.    

And Howard concurred with all of it.  Obviously.  The first 2 rounds broke beautifully for us....they're complaining about not trading back.  Or up.  I couldn't tell.  Good God.  

Their tone of skepticism, sarcasm (we wanted big people, other 'smarter' teams are getting faster), and complaints about the Bills thinking they know more than everyone else (they didn't understand the RB pick....in the 4th round it was apparently ok...but not the 3rd.)   When did New England draft Sony Michel?  Where was McCaffery drafted?  Kareem Hunt?  Chubb?  Whatever.  

It's just pathetic.  Buffalo deserves better than this garbage.  

Meanwhile here in DC they are over the moon with their draft.  If there is any media/fan base that should be skeptical of their team, my God it's this one.  

So for me...only going to be Sal segments and the occasional interview with the GMs.  I get better info and entertainment on boards like this than guys that get paid to fake it, troll, or just be miserable 3 or 4 hours a day.  

Sad a major part of my childhood that added to my level of fan hood (local sports radio) is just one giant slate of misery.*

*worth noting.  JW is Captain Tank.  No wonder he thinks about the Sabres 24/7.  Guilt perhaps?  He clearly isn't paying attention to the Bills or at least taking them seriously.  While national guys that do, are.  

I hope your cat was wearing a shield this morning...

37 minutes ago, Estro said:

I actually like the 3PM show quite a bit.  I love Mike Schopp.  I know a lot of people don't, but I find his opinions to be unique and for the most part very honest.  He's the exact opposite of a homer, which I think is refreshing.  Bulldog is okay, he's much better as Schopp's sidekick, than he is when he has to host on his own (which can sometimes be brutal to listen to.

Jeremey White is awful, IMO.  I think he's tried to carve out the same niche as Mike.....but it just doesnt work for him.

Mrs Schopp?????

Ever since I found out there was this thing called a AUX cable where I can connect my phone and watch YouTube, Netflix, etc. in my car, I don't remember the last time listening to radio...

I don't live in Buffalo so I don't know the morning guys there but I DO know that I dislike Shopp n Bulldog very much... Everytime I listen to them after a game (which isn't much), they are so disrespectful to the callers... Man, i be like how do these dudes still have a job? I like the show that comes after theirs though... The overtime show I believe its called... That guy has football knowledge and I like his affiliation with Cover 1 on YouTube...

I prefer Howard and Jeremy because they are very relatable. I listen to the podcast of the morning show most days but can only handle 2 hours then it gets repetitive.

Mike Schopp always sounds miserable and is always sarcastic to callers. Chris Parker is good though 

Edited by Bills!Win!
  • Like (+1) 1

I can't even listen to WGR anymore.  They're nothing but negative and they HATE the callers that call in.  I work in sales, and if we had employees treating customers the way they do at GR, we'd let them go.

• Like (+1) 4